Part Time Gig

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

Im going after a part time gig to beef up the bank acct. I dont really want to exert myself and since I cant think of a way to get paid watching The History Channel on my couch Im forced to sacrifice myself and make some reasonable effort.

So...I found a position as a summons server.

The title is self explanatory really, I will be serving notice to people for the courts on home foreclosures, divorce proceedings etc.

These are the qustions proposed Im required to answer to jump the 1st hurdle.

Im not going to steal your answers but I am curious what others think about the questions.

Thanks.

This test is used to help us ascertain your level of accuracy, attention to detail and knowledge in the area

of Process of Service. Please answer the following questions. There may be more than one correct

answer for each question. Please choose the MOST CORRECT answer.

1) After receiving a copy of a Summons and Complaint to be delivered to a Defendant, I realize

that the person is a neighbor of a friend of mine. Each time you go to make the delivery there

appears to be no one home but there are cars parked in the driveway.

a. I call my friend and ask her to call me as soon as she sees the person arrive.

b. After the third attempt, I leave it taped to the door so it is in plain view.

c. I call the Defendant and leave a message that I have a flower delivery and would like to

know the best time to drop it off and then leave my cell phone number.

d. I make a written note of the activity that I observe while at the location and then depart.

2) Please indicate which sentence you would use to describe the following person’s job title and

is the most concise and grammatically correct:

a. I answer phones and assist customers with their orders, and answer questions.

b. I answer the calls that come in to the company and help the customers’ make buying

decisions and answer there questions.

c. I work as a receptionist and order taker.

d. I am a customer service representative.

3) After approaching a defendant with a Summons, the defendant tells me that he’ll pay me

$100.00 cash to state that the Summons is “undeliverable” and he is no longer living at the

address.

a. I take the money and tell _________ the truth about the person.

b. I take the money and tell __________that he no longer lives at the address.

c. I don’t take the money and tell _________ the truth about the person.

d. I don’t take the money and leave the Summons with the person.

4) How many copies per case file should I take with me before performing the service of process?

a. one

b. two

c. three

d. It depends upon how many people are named in the case file.

5) As long as the lights are on in a house and I can see people moving around, I can serve

someone at anytime of the day or night.

a. True

b. False

6) I have a side business of doing odd jobs for those in need. After serving a summons I:

a. Leave a pamphlet at the residence just in case they need some work done.

b. Mail a pamphlet to their home since I now know who lives there.

c. Tell the person I noticed that they could use some help with raking leaves and offer to help

them on the weekend.

d. Make the appropriate notations on my paperwork regarding the serve and depart the area.

7) Match the following list with a list below “ADKOPC SOJJSP1830DJ Q[DS Q- SI-R JIFS “

a. ADKOPC SOJJSP1830DJ Q[DS Q- SI-R JIFS “

b. “AADKOPC SOJJSP1830DJ Q[DS Q- SI-R JIFS “

c. “ADKOPC SOJJSPI830DJ Q[DS Q- SI-R JIFS “

d. “ADKOPC SOJJSP1830DJ Q[DS Q- SI-R JIFS “

8) My car insurance is past due and is going to be cancelled in the next twenty four hours.

a. I write a “bad” check to the insurance company to “cover” me until I can make the check

good.

b. I wait to make the payment until I have enough in my account the following week.

c. Since I have a good driving record, I drive extra carefully during the time that my

insurance policy is out of force.

d. I inform ____________ that my car insurance will be out of force and I cannot

serve process until it is reinstated.

9) I knock on the door of a residence to serve a summons and a person who appears to be about

10 years old says that no one else is home.

a. I tell the child that the paper is for her mommy and to make sure to give it to her when she

comes home.

b. I sit in the driveway and wait for the parent to come home.

c. I go to the neighbor’s house and drop it off since the child knows I was there and the

neighbor promises to give it to her.

d. I ask when an adult will be home and go back later.

10) What does integrity mean to you?
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

Part Time Gig

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad :)

Do you want me to run this stuff by hubby the lawyer? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

cherandbuster;820026 wrote: Nomad :)

Do you want me to run this stuff by hubby the lawyer? :-6

Well you could. As an outsider some of the questions Im not sure about.

What are his rates ?

More bookmarks ? :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

Part Time Gig

Post by cherandbuster »

Nah

I'll do it out of my genuine affection for you :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

Thank you. Advice would be appreciated !
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

Nomad;820048 wrote: Thank you. Advice would be appreciated !

Let me lull you and then let rip with the sucker punch...

1) d presumably.

2) d. I am a customer service representative.

3) d. I don’t take the money and leave the Summons with the person.

4) d. It depends upon how many people are named in the case file.

5) b. False

6) d. Make the appropriate notations on my paperwork regarding the serve and depart the area.

7) d. "ADKOPC SOJJSP1830DJ Q[DS Q- SI-R JIFS "

8) d. car insurance will be out of force and I cannot serve process until it is reinstated.

9) d. I ask when an adult will be home and go back later.

10) My integrity means more to me than wealth or fame and I'm willing to use any means necessary to keep it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

Were on the same page spock.

I guess #5 was the only one I wasnt 100% on.

Could have been a whatever it takes to get the job done thing.
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

Part Time Gig

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad :)

Hubby and I agreed with all of Spot's answers except for #7, for which we chose "d". Choice "a" doesn't have a quote mark at the start of it.

With your excellent writing skills, I'm sure you can answer #10 most eloquently :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

cherandbuster;820091 wrote: Nomad :)

Hubby and I agreed with all of Spot's answers except for #7, for which we chose "d". Choice "a" doesn't have a quote mark at the start of it.

With your excellent writing skills, I'm sure you can answer #10 most eloquently :-6

Thanks Cher&Hubby !:-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

I grovel Cher, I went back and edited it a while ago but you got to it first!

cherandbuster wrote: With your excellent writing skills, I'm sure you can answer #10 most eloquentlyIf he copies mine he deserves to be fired!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
cherandbuster

Part Time Gig

Post by cherandbuster »

spot;820100 wrote: I grovel Cher, I went back and edited it a while ago but you got to it first!

Spot :-6

I must admit

It's kinda nice to see you grovel :p

my friend :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

spot;820100 wrote: I grovel Cher, I went back and edited it a while ago but you got to it first!

If he copies mine he deserves to be fired!

I said I wouldnt and I didnt.

Now thats integrity !
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

Nomad;820166 wrote: I said I wouldnt and I didnt.

Now thats integrity !

Well, no, it's more common sense, there's a not very well hidden payload.
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

Nomie my answers as well. My only concern for you would be your safety this is not a job where people are happy to see you come to their doors. Not so sure it won't be a depressing job.

I thought summons were served by Marshalls or the Sheriff's department??

[QUOTE]Nomad

With your excellent writing skills, I'm sure you can answer #10 most eloquently [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

It's why the good lord invented semi-automatic shotguns presumably, so the process server can go round in a long black riding coat and look the part.

Nomie, you have to find 6-inch heel knee boots and learn to scowl forbiddingly.
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

:wah::wah: Spot your sooooo right I can see Nomie with the long black leather coat and boots.

[QUOTE]It's why the good lord invented semi-automatic shotguns presumably, so the process server can go round in a long black riding coat and look the part.

Nomie, you have to find 6-inch heel knee boots and learn to scowl forbiddingly.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

And we want pics proving that he's working out in the gym regularly.
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

:wah: Yes he will have to be buffed to the max and have facial snarling down as well. :cool:

[QUOTE]And we want pics proving that he's working out in the gym regularly.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

I found this if it helps.

along-for-the-ride

Part Time Gig

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Good luck on your part-time job, Nomad.

I guess somebody's got to do it.

Please be careful.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

I'm thinking this look might serve him well. :wah::wah:

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

I didn't send you my pic for you to post it in public Carla - how could you!
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

:wah: Oh so sorry Spot what can I say. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

Now everybody's going to want a bit.
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

Now that can't be all bad. ;)

[QUOTE]Now everybody's going to want a bit.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

AussiePam

Part Time Gig

Post by AussiePam »

Best of luck with the new part time job, Nomad. Sounds kind of fun. :-6
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Chezzie

Part Time Gig

Post by Chezzie »

I reckon their wont be a dull moment:)

Good Luck matey:):-6:-4
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

Cook him a kipper, he'll be back for breakfast.
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

Nomad where are you ?? Did you get the JOB?? :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

Interview Tue at 5pm sharp.

Dont be late.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Part Time Gig

Post by pinkchick »

Nomad;820483 wrote: Interview Tue at 5pm sharp.

Dont be late.

Rootin' for ya!

Good luck with it :-6
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

pinkchick;820490 wrote: Rootin' for ya!

Good luck with it :-6

Thanks dear.

Your Served !
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Part Time Gig

Post by CARLA »

:wah: Good keep practicing.

[QUOTE]Thanks dear.

Your Served ![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

pinkchick

Part Time Gig

Post by pinkchick »

Nomad;820499 wrote: Thanks dear.

Your Served !

:eek::eek:

What'd I do this time?
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

pinkchick;820502 wrote: :eek::eek:

What'd I do this time?

The shorter list would be what havent you done. :D
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Part Time Gig

Post by pinkchick »

Nomad;820505 wrote: The shorter list would be what havent you done. :D

Sssshhhh!!

Don't tell everyone for goodness sakes! :o

:p
weeder

Part Time Gig

Post by weeder »

You could make jam, in your kitchen... while you watch the history channel... and sell it at the local farmers market instead.:-4
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
RedGlitter

Part Time Gig

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey Weeder's onto something there, Nomad!

If you want this job I hope you get it but I do hope you'll be as careful as you can. I (we!) don't want anything happening to you! :-4

---------------- Listening to: Joan Baez / Will the Circle Be Unbroken via FoxyTunes
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

weeder;820549 wrote: You could make jam, in your kitchen... while you watch the history channel... and sell it at the local farmers market instead.:-4

Yeeea ummm

I dont think thats going to work for me.

Way more effort than I had in mind.

I was thinking more along the lines of

something where I didnt actually have to get up

off of the couch.
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

Part Time Gig

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad;820499 wrote: Your Served !

Nomad :-6

It's supposed to be "You're"

I'm serving you with a Grammar Summons :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

Sheryl

Part Time Gig

Post by Sheryl »

Nomad;820626 wrote: Yeeea ummm

I dont think thats going to work for me.

Way more effort than I had in mind.

I was thinking more along the lines of

something where I didnt actually have to get up

off of the couch.

Surely not all those assemble at home jobs are scams. :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

cherandbuster;820732 wrote: Nomad :-6

It's supposed to be "You're"

I'm serving you with a Grammar Summons :guitarist

Lady Cop used to give me hell about that. :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

Now that's a threat and a half if ever I saw one.
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

Its an investigation firm.

I had my interview and they said I had quality attributes.

Then I said NO **** ! No one has ever said that to me before.

They said if all the ingredients are there there would be possibilities to advance into investigative work.

They have to do a background check and theyll call this week.

NOMAD

Private Dick
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

Nobody mentioned a background check before.

What'll they find??
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

spot;823200 wrote: Nobody mentioned a background check before.

What'll they find??

If they dont go back any further than say 12yrs Im good to go. Prior to 12yrs ?

Cant say as I remember all of it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

You're telling me there's an entire sixty years of unfettered gangsterism, piracy and high treason out there and you've let them go looking?
Nomad

Part Time Gig

Post by Nomad »

spot;823251 wrote: You're telling me there's an entire sixty years of unfettered gangsterism, piracy and high treason out there and you've let them go looking?

Im still a young man.

With attributes I might add.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Part Time Gig

Post by spot »

So they still call you Junior, eh?

There's a character just like that on the Sopranos.
AussiePam

Part Time Gig

Post by AussiePam »

spot;823251 wrote: You're telling me there's an entire sixty years of unfettered gangsterism, piracy and high treason out there and you've let them go looking?

Before - it was Dr No

NOW - it's 007 in his new-age-sensitive reincarnation.

Go Nomie!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “Work Employment”