Refrigerate Butter?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
sunny104

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by sunny104 »

yay, our favorite thread! :D
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

buttercup;892732 wrote: Awwwwww the butter thread's back :-4

Should one butter both sides of the bread when making grilled cheese sandwiches. I just butter one side of each them tolss the cheese on while the bread toasts. When its browned I put one of them on top the other.
mrsK

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by mrsK »

I just had butter on my veges.

Gotta love butter:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
qsducks

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by qsducks »

Unsalted butter, don't care which brand, and left on a plate on the counter. Nice and soft. Margerine=gross.:wah:
sunny104

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by sunny104 »

butter cookies! yum!! :D
qsducks

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by qsducks »

sunny104;893752 wrote: butter cookies! yum!! :D

german butter cake to die for:-4
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Okie;893392 wrote: Should one butter both sides of the bread when making grilled cheese sandwiches. I just butter one side of each them tolss the cheese on while the bread toasts. When its browned I put one of them on top the other.

Okie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the fact you're posting means you've escaped the worst of the local 'weather'!!

And hi gs#ducks, MrsK, Before Sunset !!!

Did we ever really resolve the basic issue in this thread??? Is it okay to leave butter out on the table, or should we put it in the fridge????

:sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

mrsK

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by mrsK »

AussiePam;894278 wrote: Okie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the fact you're posting means you've escaped the worst of the local 'weather'!!

Did we ever really resolve the basic issue in this thread??? Is it okay to leave butter out on the table, or should we put it in the fridge????

Hello Pam,good to see you.

I like to refrigerate summer & winter I just like it that way personaly;):-6
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

mrsK;894295 wrote: Hello Pam,good to see you.

I like to refrigerate summer & winter I just like it that way personaly;):-6

G'day MrsK!!! Good to see you too! There is one brand of butter I can get here (sadly it's from NZ not Oz - I always patriotically buy Australian if I can!!!) which is spreadable even if refrigerated - AND does not contain any extras (only air). This means keeping the butter in the fridge is less infuriatingly inconvenient.

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;894278 wrote: Okie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am not sure if we all agreed on whether to refrigerate or not. I do keep mine in the firdge and it is very hard to use. Mostly I use tub margarine, Smart Promise. but I do love butter. I have been to many cafes and restaurants that do leave it out if its in tiny tubs for individual. At least they leave it out during the day.

Karen just went to Mama Lous for brekkers but I passed. I had just eaten cereal and some muffin tops.

Its hot here. Frannie has been getting twisters! Wow.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Yeah I saw about the twisters round the Hudson, Okie!! Weird. And I believe the Mississippi is in major flood too. Guess you got the pic from Frannie - from which we can deduce she's okay herself!!! Glad you are too.

All pretty good here at the moment. And it's Sunday and the sun is shining (after a lot of much needed rain). I'm in Sydney but will have to go to Canberra tomorrow for at least a week. In some ways it's really a pain having to live in two places. Grin.

As for refrigerating butter - I think this whole thread is totally tongue in cheek. It's a construct - a bit like Sister Mary HTML of old - which serves many surreal purposes unrelated to anything one would consider spreading on a baguette, kneading into shortbread dough or slathering on one's parsnips. Irresistible !!!! :sneaky:

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;894730 wrote: Yeah I saw about the twisters round the Hudson, Okie!! Weird. And I believe the Mississippi is in major flood too. Guess you got the pic from Frannie - from which we can deduce she's okay herself!!! Glad you are too.

All pretty good here at the moment. And it's Sunday and the sun is shining (after a lot of much needed rain). I'm in Sydney but will have to go to Canberra tomorrow for at least a week. In some ways it's really a pain having to live in two places. Grin.

As for refrigerating butter - I think this whole thread is totally tongue in cheek. It's a construct - a bit like Sister Mary HTML of old - which serves many surreal purposes unrelated to anything one would consider spreading on a baguette, kneading into shortbread dough or slathering on one's parsnips. Irresistible !!!! :sneaky:

I heard someone say that cream cheese is the same as butter. I think it was a general feeling. I always use cream cheese on a bagel but never butter. Someimtes a fried egg along with it.

I just tried to install a game on my pc but cannot make it run. Diablo ll. I have XP but it may be account I had a different video card installed and I dont know what it is.

We have had a little rain over the last few weeks. Nice and gentle mostlyh. Some parts got hail. I just got a little hail.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Okie;894737 wrote: I heard someone say that cream cheese is the same as butter. I think it was a general feeling. I always use cream cheese on a bagel but never butter. Someimtes a fried egg along with it.

I just tried to install a game on my pc but cannot make it run. Diablo ll. I have XP but it may be account I had a different video card installed and I dont know what it is.

We have had a little rain over the last few weeks. Nice and gentle mostlyh. Some parts got hail. I just got a little hail.

I don't think cream cheese is the same as butter - well it doesn't taste the same, but maybe that too should be refrigerated? Very good on a bagel, I agree. Bagel and shmere! Ahhhhhh the thought of a real Noo York bagel!!!!

And yes, a fried egg goes with almost anything.

Hope you get the game to run.

I'm off to ride a ferry to Manly - it being a sunny Sunday!! :-6 Take care!!

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;894762 wrote: I don't think cream cheese is the same as butter - well it doesn't taste the same, but maybe that too should be refrigerated? Very good on a bagel, I agree. Bagel and shmere! Ahhhhhh the thought of a real Noo York bagel!!!!

And yes, a fried egg goes with almost anything.

Hope you get the game to run.

I'm off to ride a ferry to Manly - it being a sunny Sunday!! :-6 Take care!!

It must be very cool there now or cold. Too bad I was born and raised so far from the water. Not quite the same to visit a lake. I think I would have been a lazy bum if I had an ocean near me.
mrsK

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by mrsK »

I am about to get the butter & make a sandwich.

Cornbeef,pickles (homemade) cheese & butter on both pieces of bread.

Thick butter at that:-4:-6
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

You insinuating I'm a lazy bum, Okie???!! Them's fighting woids!! Capeesh :sneaky: Not that I'm likely to wanna start a fight with you... I'm far too much of a lazy bum to hafta run that fast...

It's been warmish in Sydney, a bit of a cool breeze. Canberra is getting colder for sure - with snowfalls in the hills.

MrsK - you're teasing us with all that wicked wicked butter talk.. And the corned beef has made me HUNGRY too. Hours yet till dinner time. I'm thinking of fixing baked veal chops with prosciutto, oregano, tomato, garlic and parmesan!! And of course they'll be baked in BUTTER - which is in the refrigerator at the moment.

:D

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;894852 wrote: You insinuating I'm a lazy bum, Okie???!! Them's fighting woids!! Capeesh :sneaky: Not that I'm likely to wanna start a fight with you... I'm far too much of a lazy bum to hafta run that fast...

It's been warmish in Sydney, a bit of a cool breeze. Canberra is getting colder for sure - with snowfalls in the hills.

MrsK - you're teasing us with all that wicked wicked butter talk.. And the corned beef has made me HUNGRY too. Hours yet till dinner time. I'm thinking of fixing baked veal chops with prosciutto, oregano, tomato, garlic and parmesan!! And of course they'll be baked in BUTTER - which is in the refrigerator at the moment.

Heeeeeeeee. That didnt come out right. I just know me and I would love to sit on the dock of a bay, wasting time!

Veal chops and proscutto. What time is dinner. I have been cooking cajun lately. Made gumbo a few days ago.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Dinner will be in about an hour, Okie. Git yerself the heck over here - I'll set a place for you! And open a bottle of best Aussie red wine too. And sitting on the dock of the bay .. wasting time.. is perfect for a lazy Sunday. For me, today, it was - sitting on the sand of the beach, just veging out. In winter sunshine. :sneaky:

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;894862 wrote: Dinner will be in about an hour, Okie. Git yerself the heck over here - I'll set a place for you! And open a bottle of best Aussie red wine too. And sitting on the dock of the bay .. wasting time.. is perfect for a lazy Sunday. For me, today, it was - sitting on the sand of the beach, just veging out. In winter sunshine. :sneaky:

That sounds great..I wish I really could teleport mesilf right over. I did go to California a few times and found there is a lot of difference what beach one goes to. Long Beach was trashy in the first spot we went to but the second spot was ok. But I leardned that Huntington Beach is the one to go to.

I was so lazy yesterday right here. I just didnt want to face the heat. I gotta go run errands and then trim the grass a bit. I got Dusitn a couple of birthday pressies. Tools he needs.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Happy birthday Dustin!!!! I'm sure he'll love the tools! Okie, does Amtrak still run between OKC and Fort Worth? I seem to remember hearing somewhere it didn't.

Heartland Flyer

Gosh, that was fun!!!!

:-6

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;895339 wrote: Happy birthday Dustin!!!! I'm sure he'll love the tools! Okie, does Amtrak still run between OKC and Fort Worth? I seem to remember hearing somewhere it didn't.

Heartland Flyer

Gosh, that was fun!!!!

:-6

Thanks. Yes, the Heartland

Flyer does still run to Fort Worth and back. there have been a few meetings of the Northern Flyer Alliance trying to get permission to run the Flyer up to Newton Kansas instead of dead end here in OKC If they do it would tie into the rest of the passenger system going to Chicago and to California too. and it could haul mail and high speed frieght like Express and so pay its own way. As it is it will run out of money some day. Still cheaper to ride the flyer than to drive now. Of course more than one can drive in a car and you had wheels after you get there.

Still I want to take Amber or Karen there. I wish we could get a rapiod transit like Dallas has. We are fightijng city hall over that one now.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Okie;895370 wrote: Thanks. Yes, the Heartland

Flyer does still run to Fort Worth and back. there have been a few meetings of the Northern Flyer Alliance trying to get permission to run the Flyer up to Newton Kansas instead of dead end here in OKC If they do it would tie into the rest of the passenger system going to Chicago and to California too. and it could haul mail and high speed frieght like Express and so pay its own way. As it is it will run out of money some day. Still cheaper to ride the flyer than to drive now. Of course more than one can drive in a car and you had wheels after you get there.

Still I want to take Amber or Karen there. I wish we could get a rapiod transit like Dallas has. We are fightijng city hall over that one now.

I'm very glad to hear it's still running - and hope you do get the extension to Newton, KS. The way fuel costs are going, maybe we'll all be back to using public transport systems soon. In Sydney, I just don't drive at all. Don't need to. There's ferries, buses and trains, and a lot of places I just walk to. It's healthier, cheaper, occasionally less convenient, BUT you aren't stuck in traffic jams, you don't have parking problems, and you don't need gas/petrol. Maybe, you get to stay fitter too. :sneaky:

Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;895430 wrote: I'm very glad to hear it's still running - and hope you do get the extension to Newton, KS. The way fuel costs are going, maybe we'll all be back to using public transport systems soon. In Sydney, I just don't drive at all. Don't need to. There's ferries, buses and trains, and a lot of places I just walk to. It's healthier, cheaper, occasionally less convenient, BUT you aren't stuck in traffic jams, you don't have parking problems, and you don't need gas/petrol. Maybe, you get to stay fitter too. :sneaky:

We are so spread out here. Someone tested the bus system a few days ago and put the results in the paper. They normally took about 15 minutes to get to work driving their car from the west side of Edmond to downtown OKC. but it took two hours on the bus. I think the bush cost them a bit over two dollars and it cost about five dollars to drive. We need a system of light rail that is fast and dependable. Our senator is on the US transportation committee and his loyatlyh is not to Oklahoma. His loyalty is to Utah. He stopped us so far but has helped Utah and they are getting light rail from the Air Base to Ogden and it assures them who drive of a cheap way to work and back.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

That sounds like a very good idea, Okie. Anything which minimises the use of oil based fuels is going to run into trouble with the vested interests powerbrokers, but maybe they won't always continue to have the final say.

Predator Prevention

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Predator Prevention »

my husband leaves it out all the time, and I know some people who keep theirs in a butter dish out of the fridge in the stick form anyhow, but I don't. It's dairy, and that to me says the same as the smell coming from milk that's been left out all day......yuck. But that's just me.:D
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Hello PP! And welcome to the Garden, where things like this thread are not to be taken too seriously. Grin. How's the weather in Ohio? Getting a bit chilly now Down Under!

Predator Prevention

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Predator Prevention »

AussiePam;895656 wrote: Hello PP! And welcome to the Garden, where things like this thread are not to be taken too seriously. Grin. How's the weather in Ohio? Getting a bit chilly now Down Under!

Thanks for the tip, and Thankyou for the welcome. Unfortunately it's been in the 70's, and rainy, or cloudy all week. The coming week isn't supposed to be much different. :( No fun.
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

AussiePam;895597 wrote: That sounds like a very good idea, Okie. Anything which minimises the use of oil based fuels is going to run into trouble with the vested interests powerbrokers, but maybe they won't always continue to have the final say.

I am still driving a fuel hog. My Tracker is still in the shop. I am really wanting it back. Dustin is considering riding a bicycle but I cant see that happening. His work is about three miles from his house.

I got him some coffee and other groceries today. He is still trying to catch up bills since he started his new job. Amber wants to go swimming but her frined she swims with is not home.
Kathy Ellen

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello my friends ((((((Pam and Okie)))))) and welcome to the garden PP....hope you have a great time here...lots of good friends around:-6 Can we call you something else besides PP:lips:

Pam, wish I could have cybered myself over to Manly Beach to take a long walk with you. We really need to go on another cyber trip, shouldn't we Okie.:-6 Hope you kidlets are all great. Did Frannie get in touch with you. I only hear from her at Christmas:(
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

(((((((((((((((((( Kathy ))))))))))))))))) - Sweetie, I've been sending a whole heap of thoughtwaves in your direction. And heck, I think we need to go on an actual trip!!!!!! I'm hoping to be briefly on the US east coast later this year. I'll cross my fingers that you're around and have maybe a couple of hours or even a free weekend to kick up your stylish heels in. Frannie has lost a few more cats - and mourns their passing.. these ones were the end of a group of diseased feral moggies she very kindly took in. She also sent me (and I think Arnie too) a photo someone she knew had taken of the recent twister in the Hudson Valley.

PP is a bit of a hard name, but I can't call anyone Predator Prevention, sorry PP. I'm all for the idea of course. Maybe we can devise a nickname that trips more lightly on the tongue. Preppie? Torie? I don't feel we should shorten it to Predator. Maybe Prevention? That might work?????? :D

Kathy Ellen

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

((((((((((Pam)))))))))))))

I'll be here...maybe we could meet again in NY and go to Beccos:wah: Hope our lovely chaps with the bling are there also:wah::wah:Let me know your plans:-6

If you think of it, could you send me the pic that Frannie sent you. Is she ok??????
Okie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Okie »

Kathy Ellen;896520 wrote: ((((((((((Pam)))))))))))))

I'll be here...maybe we could meet again in NY and go to Beccos:wah: Hope our lovely chaps with the bling are there also:wah::wah:Let me know your plans:-6

If you think of it, could you send me the pic that Frannie sent you. Is she ok??????

Hey Kathy and Pam!! I just went out and brought ribs back home to us all. Very very good. I cannot cook them as well as that. Oh well, I can do cajun just fine.

Pam, I still have not tried cooking lamb. I think I am a bit afraid to. And I see the beef and pork there much cheaper and I know my way around all that. But that was very good we had at The Outback.
koan

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by koan »

Did someone say "butter"?
sunny104

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by sunny104 »

:yh_dance:yh_giggle
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

That's all very well, Sunny - but who's going to be the running mate? And should they be refrigerated?

(If one lives in Alaska is one already refrigerated??? I do remember climbing a glacier there once, and it was quite chilly!)

Chezzie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Chezzie »

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Butter.

Butter who?

I butter not tell you!

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Butter.

Butter who?

Butter let me in!

Knock Knock

Who's there !

Butter !

Butter who ?

Butter be quick, I have to go to the bathroom !

Knock Knock

Who's there !

Butter !

Butter who ?

Butter bring an umbrella, it looks like it might rain !:D
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

Thank you Chezzie!!! Nothing like a spot of high poetry to begin the day!! And a perfect balance to the classical Vietnamese Tale of Kieu my book club was trying to decipher yesterday evening.

In pleasant torpor. Pastoral, dream-nascent scenes a visitant

Seem now to send: a sylph by yond pagoda-plant-

Who, pear-bud, whiter than the moon, bids fair to grant

herself to hand!

Sure Giap's cloud-trysts of story urge him take that bland

And ready nymph? ... such fancies summer trances pander

when they might!

Kieu nearing, chides, her eyes grown merry

in the light!

Random sample!

Shall we refrigerate the translator????

Chezzie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Chezzie »

AussiePam;988153 wrote: Thank you Chezzie!!! Nothing like a spot of high poetry to begin the day!! And a perfect balance to the classical Vietnamese Tale of Kieu my book club was trying to decipher yesterday evening.

In pleasant torpor. Pastoral, dream-nascent scenes a visitant

Seem now to send: a sylph by yond pagoda-plant-

Who, pear-bud, whiter than the moon, bids fair to grant

herself to hand!

Sure Giap's cloud-trysts of story urge him take that bland

And ready nymph? ... such fancies summer trances pander

when they might!

Kieu nearing, chides, her eyes grown merry

in the light!

Random sample!

Shall we refrigerate the translator????

Can we also vacuum pack him:D
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

I reckon we should make him Chief Moderator of Forum Garden!! With special portfolio responsibility for resurrectional facilitation of quaintly archaic verbiage.

Chezzie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Chezzie »

AussiePam;988165 wrote: I reckon we should make him Chief Moderator of Forum Garden!! With special portfolio responsibility for resurrectional facilitation of quaintly archaic verbiage.

Hell Pam, lets just hand over the Forum to him:D
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

You used a bad word, Chezzie.

And now in silk-hung rooms, from undertakings free,

Behind a curtain Kieu steeps orchids, sweetly seasoning her bath

Were prick-eyed elves that gauze to bore with thorn or lath

How might the breach draw roving eyes upon a path to pulchritude.

Chezzie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Chezzie »

AussiePam;988171 wrote: You used a bad word, Chezzie.

And now in silk-hung rooms, from undertakings free,

Behind a curtain Kieu steeps orchids, sweetly seasoning her bath

Were prick-eyed elves that gauze to bore with thorn or lath

How might the breach draw roving eyes upon a path to pulchritude.

me bad...whats another name for Forum:sneaky:..Website?:D
Odie

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by Odie »

koan;904136 wrote: Did someone say "butter"?

butter is my friend!:wah:
Life is just to short for drama.
AussiePam

Refrigerate Butter?

Post by AussiePam »

As I roved solo and inane upon the suntwigged strand

A knob of golden dairy produce in my upheaved hand

The transient knowing frothy came upon my psyche

That in my slippers silken cushioned Nike

Oh hell the box of ice where wailing souls do bide

And dance attendance of the darkish gnome, the tide

Of human recompense full fathom five