What would you do in this situation?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

A few weeks back i was on Holiday in Spain with my College and while i was away a problem accourd between me and my friend Rachel, what happend was one night just before our Curfew i went to the chip shop there to get something to eat Rachel saw me standing at the paybit before that i asked how much it was for a Peparoni Pizza then rachel saw me and asked me to get her some chips, so she gave me her Money which was 20 Euros and i had 10 euros and when i asked the guy behind the till for 2 chips he was like no no you order Pizza and Chips i was like no i only asked how much it was, then he kept saying that i orderd Pizza and Chips when i clearly didn't and i know for a fact i didn't so the guy behind the till decided to take both mine and Rachels money which left me no money for 2days and now Rachel is askin me for her money back which i'm not giving since i wasnt the one who took it off her to begin with!!! me and Rachel do get along well with each other but she aint gettin bugger all from me she can moan all she wants cause she aint gettin it
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

This one's kind of tricky....it wasn't your fault the guy misunderstood you (he could have handled it better too) yet when Rachel gave you her money and you accepted it, that kind of makes you responsible for it and you "lost" it even though it was no fault of your own.

I know (believe me I do) how money's no big deal unless you don't have any and then it's all-important. How much are we talking about for this food? Probably not much?

Here's my take: If I were Rachel, I'd let it go and stop making an issue of it, realizing things like this happen sometimes. And if I were you, I would give her back the money she gave you minus the cost of chips since that's what she had asked for, and write it off as a minor incident. True friendship is rare and you can't let money get in the way of it. :)
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

RedGlitter;890508 wrote: This one's kind of tricky....it wasn't your fault the guy misunderstood you (he could have handled it better too) yet when Rachel gave you her money and you accepted it, that kind of makes you responsible for it and you "lost" it even though it was no fault of your own.

I know (believe me I do) how money's no big deal unless you don't have any and then it's all-important. How much are we talking about for this food? Probably not much?

Here's my take: If I were Rachel, I'd let it go and stop making an issue of it, realizing things like this happen sometimes. And if I were you, I would give her back the money she gave you minus the cost of chips since that's what she had asked for, and write it off as a minor incident. True friendship is rare and you can't let money get in the way of it. :)

Hi Terri :) i would give Rachel her money back but i'm all out just now and i don't want to ask my Mum cause she'll flip shes already done to much for me by getting my passport renewed she had to pay £140 i got no money in the bank what so ever so i cant give her it back i understand where Rachel is comming from in all of this but as i said before i'm all out of Money! so i'm kinda worried that its gonna ruin our friendship
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Firstly, you didn't have to pay for those things if you didn't order them Musiclover, he just intimidated you into paying, that was a mistake. If it was a post-pub situation, you may have been under the influence a bit, and this would effect your judgement. But what's done is done. I think that in this case you should tell your friend that you will give her the money, but that you don't have it at the moment as your broke, (I presume you are broke), then when you can afford it, you can give her the money back (or at least a portion of it as a token).

You should always pay attention when your buying things, espeically abroad, and don't allow yourself to be intimidated into doing something you don't want to do. But if you make a mistake, the best thing to do is to accept that, take it on board, and then sort it out with your friend. Its not that big a deal, and its not worth falling out over, which is very easy to do when money is invovled. :)

Also, in terms of style, you should use the work "like" less in sentences, its unnecessary. ;)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi Darren :-6

I understand...I didn't mean give it back to her right away, but when you next have some money on you. If she wants to be mature about this, she'll understand that you cannot give her back the money because you don't have any at present. Honestly, if she gets so angry about it that your friendship fails because of a little thing like this, then it will never survive the serious stuff and isn't much of a friendship anyway. But Galbally is right, money can come between people. I think all you can do in this instance is explain to her you have no money and that as soon as you do, you will repay her. You might mention that you value her friendship and hope that she understands because you don't want this coming between you two. Let us know how it goes. :)
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

I'd give her half the pizza & chips & tell her to stop bloody whining :D
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Did you end up with a Pizza?

Did you end up with the chips?

Did she eat any of this food?

If she helped you eat this - your paid in full

If not - explain your pay her later - it's not all that much $$

keep track - be alert - alot of pick pocketing goes on - they're pros at it too..

be careful - have fun

and life goes on

Patsy
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well for me as long as you honestly tell her what happened then I shouldn't see the problem, providing that she is a honest and good friend, and she should be able to understand the problem, and the two of you can then come to an agreement. I doubt it was that much to begin with, so surely you can both put it behind you and not let something like this ruin a friendship, because that would be a real shame, for a problem that neither of you really 100% caused.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

for fear of losing a friendship id pay back the money when i was able.:-6
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

Patsy Warnick;890839 wrote: Did you end up with a Pizza?

Did you end up with the chips?

Did she eat any of this food?

If she helped you eat this - your paid in full

If not - explain your pay her later - it's not all that much $$

keep track - be alert - alot of pick pocketing goes on - they're pros at it too..

be careful - have fun

and life goes on

Patsy

She Ate the Pizza and i had the Chips so really i don't have to pay it back if she ate the food
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Musicl

I see it like this when hanging out with a few/group, go to eat

money can get difficult on who owes $ $ for what.??

You seem worried about this being a issue/strain to your friendship.

Has your friend mentioned anything about the money $ ? Did it seem to upset her? she's whining

You seem worried - perhaps mention the money to her - explain your broke & will pay later

or state we all ate pizza - anti in per slice ??

or drop it and move on

Good luck

Patsy
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

Musiclover89;891932 wrote: She Ate the Pizza and i had the Chips so really i don't have to pay it back if she ate the food

If she ate her part of the order ,, how can she expect her money back ?Or is it her change she is making such a fuss about ?
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Id kick her in the shins.

You know just to restore order.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”