Beijing Olympics

SOJOURNER

Beijing Olympics

Post by SOJOURNER »

It has started......

How exciting to hear and see so much of a country that most of us know so little about.

The reporters are saying that the opening ceremonies will be the biggest and the best we've ever seen. I don't doubt it as they seem to have unlimited resources and the support of their people behind it.

I'm especially excited about seeing the competitions Ms Torres will be swimming in. 41 years old and possiblely the best of the best.................

She wants to show that age has no boundaries when it comes to succeeding. Do you believe this?
Galbally

Beijing Olympics

Post by Galbally »

When is the opening ceremony on, in GMT time?? :thinking:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
SOJOURNER

Beijing Olympics

Post by SOJOURNER »

The time I do not know, but the day is this Friday..................
CARLA

Beijing Olympics

Post by CARLA »

Let the games begin I can't wait. My Niece will be #4 Rachel Buehler on the Womens Olympic (Football team) Soccer team. Their first game is the 6th against Norway.:cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

chonsigirl

Beijing Olympics

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, post everytime there is a game, so we can cheer them all on, Carla!
Chezzie

Beijing Olympics

Post by Chezzie »

CARLA;940965 wrote: Let the games begin I can't wait. My Niece will be #4 Rachel Buehler on the Womens Olympic (Football team) Soccer team. Their first game is the 6th against Norway.:cool:

Wow you must all be very proud:-6
SOJOURNER

Beijing Olympics

Post by SOJOURNER »

CARLA;940965 wrote: Let the games begin I can't wait. My Niece will be #4 Rachel Buehler on the Womens Olympic (Football team) Soccer team. Their first game is the 6th against Norway.:cool:

How very exciting for you and your family! It will also further my interest as I shall think of you as we watch.

Return to “Current Events”