If you knew for fact there was no God.....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

....what would you do differently?
Lon

Post by Lon »

RedGlitter;943545 wrote: ....what would you do differently?

I would encourage the Jehovah Witnesses to join their local Blood Bank.
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Absolutely nothing...:)
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Lon;943553 wrote: I would encourage the Jehovah Witnesses to join their local Blood Bank.

Hi Lon,

Good point.

We have just had a young mum die of childbirth in this country because her family of "J.W." would not allow her a blood tranfusion. Is this o.k. in this day & age??

I think not. :(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Would any of you change your morals or values (whatever you choose to call it) -your personal code?
Lon

Post by Lon »

RedGlitter;943577 wrote: Would any of you change your morals or values (whatever you choose to call it) -your personal code?

I would not change anything.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

If i found out for a fact there was no God, first i would be completely devastated because my faith has always been a huge part of my life!

but i don't think my morality would change at all, i think i'm a good person and i believe i would still be a good person even without the religious influence!
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I couldn't know, and can't even put myself in pretend mode because I know there IS a God.
Clint

Post by Clint »

I think the values I've learned and believed came from God would still hold up as the best thing to do so not much would change.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

shelbell;943731 wrote: I couldn't know, and can't even put myself in pretend mode because I know there IS a God.

yeah i'm like you, i can't explain it or know how to prove it to anyone else, but in my heart i know there is a God!
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Nothing.:D
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

RedGlitter;943545 wrote: ....what would you do differently?

I can't begin to answer this until I consider what this world might be like if there was no God.

The Biblical stories of Soddom and Gomorra (sp?) kind of come to mind................... If there was no God, would we all be like that? What would matter besides food, shelter and pleasure? Would family bonds and love exist since we would not have been 'made in that image'?

What an empty life this would be and I use the the term life very loosely here. This would be just plain existance which most, I think, would consider a complete waste.

I guess what I would do different is buy huge quanities of stock in antidepressants so I could make my life mentally and materially comfortable until the end.......................
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I wouldn't do anything different... Well, baybe ask the church for all those donations back, but I doubt they would give it to e.

Oh, then become a Buddhist

Return to “General Chit Chat”