Well I went and did it, even though I said I wouldn't!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

Ike is causing havoc not only in Texas, but also here in NE!!! It was announced that 20% of the gas refineries in Texas have been shut down due to Ike! Consequently, the "gas- gougers" have already struck! I filled up both our cars here in NE today, to the tune of "27" a gal more today then it was yesterday! SOB's!!! The gas is still in their tanks from yesterday!!!:-5

Anyway, with the gas prices surely to skyrocket more, & even possibly gas becoming scarse, "I put on a locking gas cap (even though I have said I wouldn't) on the one car we have that doesn't have a locking gas door. Looks like troubled times ahead!:wah:
Cars :)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Prices rose 30 cents here today, I am so glad I filled up my car on Thursday before Ike hit!
Odie

Post by Odie »

I filled up when it was 1.24 a litre, then it jumped the next night...(which we knew)-- to 1.38 a litre

they say it will get up to 1.50 a litre, so then at 1.38 it will look good!:-5:-5

This will never end here, they always have so many excuses and they work..............................government hands cannot do a thing about it.:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

any excuse to raise the price. Like i said before Hubby works off shore. it really pis--- him off too. it sure isn't us who is making a killing.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Filled up daughter's car last week at $3.59 a gallon. Today filled up mine at $3.71. Yeah and they aren't gas gouging:mad:
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

There a station here that jumped up a dollar.... They're charging $4.59!
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Fibonacci;983519 wrote: There a station here that jumped up a dollar.... They're charging $4.59!

a dollar?

insane, just insane!
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I see this lasting for quite awhile...they always have some excuse. :-5
southern yankee

no excuse!! Oil has dropped to$ 99 a barrel. Makes no sense at all!!:-5:mad::confused:
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I had a locking gas thingy when I lived in Chicago. :wah:
southern yankee

sunny104;984366 wrote: I had a locking gas thingy when I lived in Chicago. :wah: when gas was hovering around $4. my area had problems with thieves stealing gas cans. 5 gallon size. you had to protect them like they were made of gold!!
southern yankee

Scrat;984094 wrote: Yeah there is. You have to remember that that's the cost for a barrel of crude, they have to turn it into gasoline, apparently a few of the refineries are shut down and the gasoline supply stocks will get depeleted. just another excuse.:mad:
guppy

Post by guppy »

i have heard of theives punctering the gas tanks on cars and draining the gas from the tank around here..:thinking:
cars

Post by cars »

guppy;984597 wrote: i have heard of theives punctering the gas tanks on cars and draining the gas from the tank around here..:thinking:
Many year ago, that's what happened to me when I had a locking gas cap. After that, I took off the locking cap, & I said I would not put on a locking gas cap again! Hense, the title of my OP!! But enough time (over 30 years) has passed, that I figure lightning won't strike twice in the same place!!! (At least I hope it won't!:wah:)
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;984092 wrote: no excuse!! Oil has dropped to$ 99 a barrel. Makes no sense at all!!:-5:mad::confused:

I saw this!

but they will always have something to complain about!
cars

Post by cars »

Scrat;984810 wrote: Don't get me wrong, I think it's a bunch of BS myself but that's the way our system works. All we as people can do is cut back drastically on how much we use and teach the oil companies a lesson.
See the seperate thread for the "106"mpg car!!! It's small, but it sure would cut down on all the millions of gals of gas we use!!! :wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”