Are You High or Low Maintenance?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I was not familiar with this expression until 20 or so years ago, applied to someone, male or female that requires much attending to. My wife calls me very Low Maintenance . I pick up after myself, cook, cleanup, wash etc. It applies to someone that requires lots of things as well. Both of us are Low Maintenance.

How about you (be honest) are you high or low maintenance or is your SO?
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

Definitely low, I have everything I ever wanted material and otherwise. The icing on my cake of life is my grandchildren.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
watcher

Post by watcher »

I'd probably be be high maintenance cause I'm just so damned lazy. But I don't know for sure as I haven't got a woman (My ex wife was low maintenance ie. she kept the flat clean and tidy)
I'm too compassionate to be an utter bastard.

Too self respecting to be a caring idiot.

Too much pride to give up the self respect.

And not willing to take the rap for a lack of compassion.

Where does this leave me? Nowhere. What does this leave me? Nothing. Who does this leave me? Noone.
Odie

Post by Odie »

greatd topic Lon!;)

I am definately low, doesn't take much to amuse me!:wah:

Not greedy nor jealous in the least, what I have is just fine.

Don't spend alot on clothes or anything else, don't have the money and don't need it.

I am what you would call a cheap date............one pina colada and I'm under the table!:wah:

Down to earth, easy going and just about anything goes with me.

If you came to my house, I would not ask you to bring anything, nor take off your shoes, my fridge is yours, so help yourself!
Life is just to short for drama.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Odie;984191 wrote: greatd topic Lon!;)

Don't spend alot on clothes or anything else, don't have the money and don't need it.

I am what you would call a cheap date............one pina colada and I'm under the table!:wah:

If you came to my house, I would not ask you to bring anything, nor take off your shoes, my fridge is yours, so help yourself!

That just about sums me up too except when im Ill, then I am high maintenance:D:D
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Low so long as we have enough money to pay the bills and eat I'm not bothered about other stuff cars, holidays,gifts ect.

OH is low is some respects but quite high on the emotional side needs lots of reassurance.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I'm very low maintenance. But I'm not a girly girl so that probably helps. :p :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Chezzie;984209 wrote: That just about sums me up too except when im Ill, then I am high maintenance:D:D

me to, el sicko here to!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Just took the words out of my mouth Odie. Yeah, the same way although hubs can be both high/low maintenance. And forget the kids they are all over the place in maintence department.:wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Give me an empty cardboard box or a rubber ball and Im good to go.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;984420 wrote: Give me an empty cardboard box or a rubber ball and Im good to go.

Nomi, the low maintence cat. I do have some wrapping paper if your interested.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

qsducks;984422 wrote: Nomi, the low maintence cat. I do have some wrapping paper if your interested.

he prefers aluminum foil! :D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Do tell, does he drink his water out of the toilet?
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

You wrote that as if you were me. :wah: i might add that I'm very forgiving and compasionate and there antime someone needs me. If someone comes to my house, what's mine is theirs.

Hubby is usually high maintenance. :wah: But he is also very sweet, caring and loves deeply.
guppy

Post by guppy »

I am low maintenance..i have always tried to be happy and sastisfied with what i have materialisticaly. i believe in doing the best you can with what you have got..my ex was high maintenance..the more he acquired, the more he was disastisfied..one of the reasons we divorced. :) I dont envy what others have. in fact, i had a friend told me the other day that i tend to intimidate the people that think what they have makes them somebody..thats the last thing i look at..i look at personality, how you treat your family and spouse. She said i was one of the few that doesnt have a price..i cant be bought..or impressed.i wont follow someone because of what they have..that doesnt make you better or beneath me. :p
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

jimbo;984606 wrote: zero:thinking::thinking:

Yeah right Jimbutt...I think hell just froze over! ;):yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

um. I'm not sure.
Smoke signals ftw!
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;984545 wrote: You wrote that as if you were me. :wah: i might add that I'm very forgiving and compasionate and there antime someone needs me. If someone comes to my house, what's mine is theirs.

Hubby is usually high maintenance. :wah: But he is also very sweet, caring and loves deeply.

shhhhhhhhh you weren't supposed to tell anyone we got together on ours!:wah:

forgot to add, I don't do the come on over whenever thing, please phone first!:wah:

and when men leave...........put the GD toilet seat down!
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

I am low maintenance.

I am happy with what I have.

I am happy to be here.

I like to give to my family & friends.

That makes me happy.:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;984720 wrote: shhhhhhhhh you weren't supposed to tell anyone we got together on ours!:wah:

forgot to add, I don't do the come on over whenever thing, please phone first!:wah:

and when men leave...........put the GD toilet seat down!

Oops! Sorry. I'll wisper....I hate drop ins too, call first. and when guys come over I tell them to put the seat down before they even go in! :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;984768 wrote: Oops! Sorry. I'll wisper....I hate drop ins too, call first. and when guys come over I tell them to put the seat down before they even go in! :wah:

Y'know what else I hate? When someone comes over with no dessert!

just no respect!:wah:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh mom's the word!:wah:
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

very low. as long as i treated with kindness and love. i am a happy camper. peace and quite. are the best gifts.:)
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

I'm a woman, what do you think Lon?
watcher

Post by watcher »

sunny104;984361 wrote: I'm very low maintenance. But I'm not a girly girl so that probably helps. :p :D

I just reread my response, here it is

watcher;984184 wrote: I'd probably be be high maintenance cause I'm just so damned lazy. But I don't know for sure as I haven't got a woman (My ex wife was low maintenance ie. she kept the flat clean and tidy),

and realised that you could enterpret it as if I was a woman, but in actual fact, I'm a bloke. So to anyone that did so, you must have so little experience of the world, it's just unbelievable, either that or you're just plain stupid, or childish, or both.
I'm too compassionate to be an utter bastard.

Too self respecting to be a caring idiot.

Too much pride to give up the self respect.

And not willing to take the rap for a lack of compassion.

Where does this leave me? Nowhere. What does this leave me? Nothing. Who does this leave me? Noone.
Odie

Post by Odie »

some men are very high maintenance!:-5
Lon

Post by Lon »

buttercup;984825 wrote: I'm a woman, what do you think Lon?

I don't understand your question.Think about what, that you are a woman?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttercup

I'm a woman, what do you think Lon?

Lon;986001 wrote: I don't understand your question.Think about what, that you are a woman?

Shes totally coming on to you Lon.

Shes got the fever.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

she is hot stuff now!:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Hoss;986029 wrote: Me? LOW! Very Low.

:-3

low maintence is good!
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

i'm pretty low maintenance, except i'm a little spoiled and i like attention! :sneaky:

and my mom has always said i'm stubborn, when i get an idea in my head there's no changing my mind! :wah::wah:
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

watcher;985950 wrote: I just reread my response, here it is

and realised that you could enterpret it as if I was a woman, but in actual fact, I'm a bloke. So to anyone that did so, you must have so little experience of the world, it's just unbelievable, either that or you're just plain stupid, or childish, or both.

huh?? :confused: I don't get why you quoted me???
Cow Patty

Post by Cow Patty »

I'd say I am mid-maintenace, if there is such a thing. I like nice things, but don't have to have the best-of-the-best.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

also it does not take much to make me happy. when i was younger. i think i was mid range. i liked jewelry and pretty things. but now give me garden tools and plants to plant. I am tickled PINK:wah:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

guppy;984561 wrote: I am low maintenance..i have always tried to be happy and sastisfied with what i have materialisticaly. i believe in doing the best you can with what you have got..my ex was high maintenance..the more he acquired, the more he was disastisfied..one of the reasons we divorced. :) I dont envy what others have. in fact, i had a friend told me the other day that i tend to intimidate the people that think what they have makes them somebody..thats the last thing i look at..i look at personality, how you treat your family and spouse. She said i was one of the few that doesnt have a price..i cant be bought..or impressed.i wont follow someone because of what they have..that doesnt make you better or beneath me. :p
I got $50, you sure?:D
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I am definitely low maintenance. I am happy with my life and decisions. Usually, I do not ask anyone for help unless it's absolutely necessary.

I'd rather pay for outside help (not that I have tons of $, but I save for things that need to be done and do without non-essentials) rather than make my family and friends to spend hours and hours helping me. I feel that everyone is so busy with their own lives......why put more burdens on anyone?
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

A bit of both I guess. Low in that designer clothes and expensive restaurants don't bother me, but high because I get bored easily. If someone can't keep up conversationally, I switch off.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Pinky;986727 wrote: A bit of both I guess. Low in that designer clothes and expensive restaurants don't bother me, but high because I get bored easily. If someone can't keep up conversationally, I switch off.

nite nite!:wah::wah:
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

it's okay, i don't think anyone would enterpret that as you being a woman, i know i wouldn't!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Watcher:-6

No offense, but why are you so angry? I don't think that anyone said anything offensive to you in this thread, did they?

Return to “General Chit Chat”