Start Packing Sarah

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;986077 wrote: Oh, so your not worried about the WAR ? Where do you think your MONEY IS ?

I realize the economy is in the mud

can't find my bank

Patsy

My money and my blood are in Iraq,,,

Hardball on the economy

Barrack Obama,,,,,,,,,,,doing his part of the battle,, in his own words,,

McCAIN hasn't got a clue!

Barrack Obama wrote:

Make no mistake: my opponent is running for four more years of policies that will throw the economy further out of balance. His outrage at Wall Street would be more convincing if he wasn’t offering them more tax cuts. His call for fiscal responsibility would be believable if he wasn’t for more tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, and more of a trillion dollar war in Iraq paid for with deficit spending and borrowing from foreign creditors like China. His newfound support for regulation bears no resemblance to his scornful attitude towards oversight and enforcement. John McCain cannot be trusted to reestablish proper oversight of our financial markets for one simple reason: he has shown time and again that he does not believe in it.

They call this the ownership society but what it really means is you’re on your own. And we know the results…

And McCain’s admitting that conservatism does not work. He has to run away from his own party and his own words to try save himself from the incredible collapse on The Street. America is watching now.

McCain, May 29, 2007:

“You are interviewing the greatest free trader you will ever interview, and the greatest deregulator you will ever interview,” he said.

We all have to follow rules in our lives, register our cars, get a license to drive, but to McCain—corporations need NO regulations. Well, if AIG goes next—good night now….(Youtube and transcript under the fold)

..Make no mistake: my opponent is running for four more years of policies that will throw the economy further out of balance. His outrage at Wall Street would be more convincing if he wasn’t offering them more tax cuts. His call for fiscal responsibility would be believable if he wasn’t for more tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, and more of a trillion dollar war in Iraq paid for with deficit spending and borrowing from foreign creditors like China. His newfound support for regulation bears no resemblance to his scornful attitude towards oversight and enforcement. John McCain cannot be trusted to reestablish proper oversight of our financial markets for one simple reason: he has shown time and again that he does not believe in it.

What has happened these last eight years is not some historical anomaly, so we know what to expect if we try these policies for another four. When lobbyists run your campaign, the special interests end up gaming the system. When the White House is hostile to any kind of oversight, corporations cut corners and consumers pay the price. When regulators are chosen for their disdain for regulation and we gut their ability to enforce the law, then the interests of the American people are not protected. It’s an ideology that intentionally breeds incompetence in Washington and irresponsibility on Wall Street, and it’s time to turn the page.

Just today, Senator McCain offered up the oldest Washington stunt in the book - you pass the buck to a commission to study the problem. But here’s the thing … we know how we got into this mess. What we need now is leadership that gets us out. I’ll provide it, John McCain won’t, and that’s the choice for the American people in this election.

People who vote republican don't care one eyote,,, who they put out there,, they either become oblivious to facts,, or spin truths to fit their warped realities,,,,

The conservative "trickle down con" is destroying America,, only greed could let this happen,, peoples retirements are being forfeited,, because of the sensitive well to do,, couldn't care less about anyone in any country..

Profit can be righteous,, if all are included,, lessons that seem to be learned the hard way,, the voters have to do it...

No one else will...

Hardball fits in here!

mathews wrote:

Well, exactly. This is the meme with which the Democratic Party ought to hit back hard. The Republican Party has had the better part of the last 30 years being in charge of Legislative or Executive branches, often both. THEY DO NOT GOVERN WELL. The country is much poorer for Republican policies. Why in the hell would we give another Republican a shot?

Find a clue anywhere you can!
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;986049 wrote: I realized early on I was merely a work in progress,, but to inflict my way upon you, I wouldn't think of it,, maybe the ignorance of any man is measured by how much we assume everyone should be exactly the same,, I'm good,, everyone not like me,, is bad,,, the morons of a society are those that think our invidual values should all be the same,, rigid beliefs lead to many of lifes many mistakes,, in fact rigidity is something more suited for machines,,

[...]
I agree with this, and ask you and everyone to apply the same principle to government. Centralizing everything under the federal government creates the very uniformity and rigidity to society that you write against.

Both McCain and Obama - Obama to an even greater degree - want to centralize government powers and control in Washington, rather than have them distributed at the lowest possible levels as the Constitution was written.
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

DrJ's quote wrote: McCain, May 29, 2007:

“You are interviewing the greatest free trader you will ever interview, and the greatest deregulator you will ever interview,” he said.
I was curious why Obama would say such a positive thing about McCain, so I googled the sentence and found this:

http://blogs.wsj.com/dnotebook/2007/05/ ... h-cabinet/

In an interview in May '07 McCain talked about his cabinet. Short vid and summary of the interview.
qsducks

Start Packing Sarah

Post by qsducks »

Good god, help us all
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Accountable;986107 wrote: I agree with this, and ask you and everyone to apply the same principle to government. Centralizing everything under the federal government creates the very uniformity and rigidity to society that you write against.

Both McCain and Obama - Obama to an even greater degree - want to centralize government powers and control in Washington, rather than have them distributed at the lowest possible levels as the Constitution was written.

We are the government
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;986365 wrote: We are the government
'kay.

What's your point?
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

Accountable;986831 wrote: 'kay.

What's your point?

You can't centralize power in a democracy.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;986107 wrote: I agree with this, and ask you and everyone to apply the same principle to government. Centralizing everything under the federal government creates the very uniformity and rigidity to society that you write against.

So your solution goes to,,who? The trickle down conservatives,, deregulating conservative republicans,, well we've been doing that,,, it isn't working,,

I wrote about personal experience all humans deal with,, America,,, is in a rigid state now,, thats why America is losing value,,The trickle down conservatives have screwed regular folk,, for too long,,,

It's an insane notion to think we can trust McCain to change any of it,,

The current situation was caused in part because government let big corporation do as they please,, McCain is an idiot,, very similar to BUSH,, this top down economy is breaking regular everyday Americans,, people are losing everything they have counted on,,for reitirement purpose,, all those except for the top,, the people who caused all these problems,, it is an insane idea to think by doing the samething,, stay with the conservative ,,, take care of the rich,,, politicians,, and expecting a different outcome,,

Let's give the democrats 4 yrs,, if it don't work ,, we'll vote em back out,,,

Any poor and middle class people who vote republican this time,, I don't believe,, I dont believe have been paying attention,, and are oblivious to the problems facing regular everyday people because of a govt,,, that only takes care of the rich, you give both failing grades,,teach but you lean right,, your insane..

Obama is worth a shot,, I think people just need to pay attention to both,, to see where the honesty and integrity we're going to need,, to help the needy and the middle class pull this country out of the hole republicans have put us in!!

The republican politicians of to day don't care about regular everyday people,,, they only claim to,, when they're running for office,,,

Don't take my word for it,,,,research,,,research!@
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;986940 wrote: So your solution goes to,,who? The trickle down conservatives,, deregulating conservative republicans,, well we've been doing that,,, it isn't working,,Do you even read my posts before you respond? I don't read much of yours because I don't have much time to devote to FG and have to budget it, but I keep my posts short.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;986996 wrote: Do you even read my posts before you respond? I don't read much of yours because I don't have much time to devote to FG and have to budget it, but I keep my posts short.

Don't take it personal,,, wtf,,,is FG?

:wah::wah::wah:

Here's another,,,

Putting this country's economic situation into context,,, we must look at the conservative agenda as an experiment gone very bad,, we as Americans have to take some responsibility for letting the experiment take place in the first place..

I can go back as far as Reaganomics,,, where de-regulation got it's foot hold on America,, and a whole generation of voters.

I was in my 20's and have to admit liked Reagan,,, a very quick witted personality... Even after he busted the air traffic controllers union just because they wanted better,, safer working conditions...

This,,for me,, marked the beginning of corporate America's fight against the working middle class,, I guess they felt like the American people were somehow against them because they wanted a descent wage,, and benefits that helped their families.. Workers in America weren't the bad guys/gals,, the bad persons in this were the people that felt by weakening the wage earner it would somehow benefit companies in a positive way,, when in reality all they did was weaken the buying power of the American public,,, and only the credit card masked the problem...

With their attempt to get this country more in line with a Mexico,, or a China,, where the people are being suppressed,,, and haven't even begun to learn how to stand up,, they created the beginning of todays problems,, this has been a volcano for years,, as the people have become more productive,, and the companies have become less interested in paying for such enhanced productivity,, we see how difficult it's becoming to sell the "trickle down" to the voters in the shaky voice of a very nervous and confused John McCain,,, I truly feel for him.. He should have switched partys when Prince Rove stepped into his life in 2000...

This has been the worst idea ever proposed to a society in the history of freedom,, the idea of holding the interest of workers back to make companies more competitive in world markets,, how anyone cannot see the cons inside the wedge issues that have been needed to get voters minds off their bank accounts,, and on to social issues to make up their minds on who they support.. I believe the wedge issues will seem like weak arguments when compared to the economy.

I feel for this country if it elects another conservative administration,,, and the same results keep happening,, truth spun so much the public is numb to the fact that lies can get you elected president of the United States,,, companies folding because no one can afford to buy anything anymore,,, pensions and annuities being emptied in the board rooms of America right before a bankrupcy is declared,, the rich escaping with everything we've worked our whole lives for,, it will truly be the darkest of times,, with dangers lurking everywhere,, as people begin to realize,,, right or wrong,, who is responsible..

The mere thought of it happening,, should be enough for people to wake up to what's taken place,,, and where it is headed..

Country first? We lose our retirements,,, this country will be more in line with the Iraq's,, and the Beirut's,, and the Lebenons,, than China and Mexico....

Rachel Maddow,, brought up the rape issue,,, and how a city in Alaska,, can take a position against the rape victim,, by charging for the rape kit that helps identify the rapist,, making it even harder on the victim to prosecute the rapist,,, it sounds a lot like Reagan-omics to me,, the people of main St being the victims,, and the people in the board rooms of Wall st.,,, being the rapists,, and a government filled with republican politicians,, who couldn't care less..

The subject of religion is important,, in politics today,, we judge the far right of the muslem religion of islam,, and wonder why the moderates of Islam,, don't speak out enough against them,, while at the same time the far right of the Christian religion try to elect incompetence,, with lies and deceit,, yet Christian moderates sit back,, and say nothing about the Christian right,, who I believe should be considered more of a cult,, than a religion,, with its 15% solution,, being a complete failure in the conservative economic policies it has brought with it...

Voter turn out,,, will kill this 15%,, I do believe,, even if the polls never show it..

I hope most Americans can see these times for what they are,,, a new beginning,, or the beginning of the end...

We are all but God on earth in pieces,,

DrJ
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

yaaarrrgg;986889 wrote: You can't centralize power in a democracy.I said they want to centralize powers and control in Washington, meaning they want to take responsibilities from the states (decentralized) and run things from Washington (centralized). I didn't mean the micro-type centralization of making the president into a king. I don't think either wants to do that.

The federal gov't has gobbled up far, far more control than it was ever meant to have. and both McCain and Obama want to increase that control even more.
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

More control

LESS FREEDOMS... great

Patsy
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

We are in control either way, whether it's state or federal policies.

Some regulation is needed to protect freedoms. Too much is oppressive, as is not enough. There needs to be a balance.

Our Republican politicians like to trot around bogey men like "The Government" (who is he???) or having your "Freedom" taken away. But recall the Civil War. The South wasn't wanting freedom for people, but freedom to exploit people. That's what they meant by State's rights and freedom. Not a decentralization of power, but a localization of power. Which in itself can just as easily be seen as a centralization of power in one's favor.

The problem isn't "the government," but the voters. It's our job to make sure this nation is run competently and fairly. But when elections are decided on misinformation and emotion.. it degenerates into a middle school popularity contest. Clearly, if the government isn't doing it's job correctly, it's only because the voters aren't doing their's.

Someone is going to be in control ... the question is WHO?
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

I want my control as close to me as possible.

I want the politicians in Washington to read the damned Constitution and act according to its rules. If the majority of us want to ignore it and continue making the federal gov't into a national nanny state, then let's vote and dissolve it and stop being hypocritical about it.
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

The idea some have that bigger is better is leading us to give power over many to a very few.

In a small City the people know their City Councilor and feel free to talk him/her. In a larger City with the same number on the City Council the people are less likely to know their Councilor. That's why it is better for States to be in control than the Federal Government. The members of Congress are so far out of touch with the people they don't have a clue what the needs are. State governments are closer to the people even though they have grown to a point most State Legislators are out of touch too.

Sarah Palin is used to being close to the people and knows what it means to be accountable to them.

If Obama is a leader why is the Democrat Congress such a mess? Why didn't he lead Congress to success? The truth is Congress doesn't have a leader able to take them in a positive, productive direction. And Obama has never been a funtioning member...he was running for President before he got there and that's all he's been doing.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Clint;988430 wrote: The idea some have that bigger is better is leading us to give power over many to a very few.

In a small City the people know their City Councilor and feel free to talk him/her. In a larger City with the same number on the City Council the people are less likely to know their Councilor. That's why it is better for States to be in control than the Federal Government. The members of Congress are so far out of touch with the people they don't have a clue what the needs are. State governments are closer to the people even though they have grown to a point most State Legislators are out of touch too.

Sarah Palin is used to being close to the people and knows what it means to be accountable to them.

If Obama is a leader why is the Democrat Congress such a mess? Why didn't he lead Congress to success? The truth is Congress doesn't have a leader able to take them in a positive, productive direction. And Obama has never been a funtioning member...he was running for President before he got there and that's all he's been doing.

Understanding your government,, and how it works is something everyone should strive to learn,, because if we don't we will except any and all talking points presented by which ever side spins the truth,, both sides do this...

This talking point is right wing,, they know that most don't understand how congress works on a day to day basis,, rules and such,, theres a devil in the details,, type deal...

When the blue tsunami,,,second wave hits congress all these bullshit talking points will be history... Don't take my word for it,,,research,,,research...

You will find it very misleading,,, if you learn how govt works...

yarrg wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are in control either way, whether it's state or federal policies.

Some regulation is needed to protect freedoms. Too much is oppressive, as is not enough. There needs to be a balance.

Our Republican politicians like to trot around bogey men like "The Government" (who is he???) or having your "Freedom" taken away. But recall the Civil War. The South wasn't wanting freedom for people, but freedom to exploit people. That's what they meant by State's rights and freedom. Not a decentralization of power, but a localization of power. Which in itself can just as easily be seen as a centralization of power in one's favor.

The problem isn't "the government," but the voters. It's our job to make sure this nation is run competently and fairly. But when elections are decided on misinformation and emotion.. it degenerates into a middle school popularity contest. Clearly, if the government isn't doing it's job correctly, it's only because the voters aren't doing their's.

Someone is going to be in control ... the question is WHO?

The big right wing fear tactic,,,is the word SOCIALISM,, they are playing to the less educated people with all fearmongering.. research it! The people ruling,, what a scary concept,, I thought that was what voting is all about!

Control on corporate entities is needed,, so us regular folk can live without worrying about some wall st. educated and greedy people running thru all of our future retirement income,,,like ENRON,,,Bear Stearns,,, AIG,,MERRIL the BULL,, cmon,, we need some rules,,or we will have anarchy,,,sooner than you think. our retirements are everything,,, please get informed!

Patsy,,GOD luv ya,, more control,,, more contyrol,,, isn't about you or anyone like you,, you have got to look some of these things up,,, ACC can write something and you believe he's talking about individuals,,

well wait a sec,, maybe he is,,

well let's not take it for granite he knows what he's talking about,,, research,, it kills all misinterpretations,, which make ill-informed voters vote for people that are trying to lie their way into CONTROL,.,, of America's Govt.

Hint; Trickle down,,,,bad,, bad,, in fact it is why we're in this financial mess,, the people can't afford gas anymore,, much less eating out,,going to movies,,

buying power has sucked out of the majority of the American public,,, when is everyone going to see this,,, Research ,,research,, don't take anybody's word for it,, If you don't feel the financial crunch yet,,, your in a minority in this America,, you claim to luvvvvvvv., Find out,, before the crunch finds you!

Obama wants to free Americans,,,,Tax breaks for poor and middle class,, McCain wants to free corporations by deregulation,, and give tax breaks to those very well to do companies,,,,, deregulation frees corporations of any ethics when dealing with the public,,,

What would happen if your retirement were to disappear? How would you feel?

This is the new American worry in a trickle down philosophy,,,our retirement benefits being spilt up in board rooms across America,,, RESEARCH,,,VOTE RESPONSIBLY... be informed,,,
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Dr. J

we all fill a crunch

Wall street greedy people running thru our retirement and the GOV'T does the buyout

I'm suppose to trust the GOV'T ?

they're buying & buying - all bailouts

so who's greedy..?

and where did our choice - freedoms go?

oh, all our freedoms went to the GOV'T. It goes back to asking permission from DADDY.

As long as the GOV'T keeps buying we should be getting a dividend check from the GOV'T

since the GOV'T works for us - that's the premise of the Stock Market.

I can read - I'm not easily brainwashed

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;988438 wrote: Dr. J

we all fill a crunch

Wall street greedy people running thru our retirement and the GOV'T does the buyout

I'm suppose to trust the GOV'T ?

they're buying & buying - all bailouts

so who's greedy..?

and where did our choice - freedoms go?

oh, all our freedoms went to the GOV'T. It goes back to asking permission from DADDY.

As long as the GOV'T keeps buying we should be getting a dividend check from the GOV'T

since the GOV'T works for us - that's the premise of the Stock Market.

I can read - I'm not easily brainwashed

Patsy

:-5:wah:

Are you serious,,, have you read any of my other posts,,,

Let's get it right,,,, NO NO NO never trust the govt!!!

Govts Lie!!! Reverend Wright was right on,,,right on!!

Did you vote in the last election? Right or left?

Do you know what your vote did to the Govt?

Have you kept track of your vote?

We find out what the politicians true agenda is,, after elections,,not before..

If you voted for republicans,, you should be in the top 2% of America,,,

or your against healthcare for all,,,:-3

or you have mis-interpreted the agenda of the republican party...

It is as simple as that..
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Money talks & Bullshit walks

we have way more walkers than talkers.

and theiein lies the problem.

did I read your posts - F NO

I'm waiting for it to come out in cryptnotes.:wah::wah::wah:

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;988285 wrote: I want my control as close to me as possible.

I want the politicians in Washington to read the damned Constitution and act according to its rules. If the majority of us want to ignore it and continue making the federal gov't into a national nanny state, then let's vote and dissolve it and stop being hypocritical about it.

Ron Paul,.,, I think he was the only republican I liked,, because the rest of the group,,, a cross dressing mayor,,,julie,,, A mormon conservative,,, and a governor/preacher/comedian who wanted to kill the IRS,,btw,,I agree with that one,,, all seemed in on the deal for McCain,,, a set up primary,,

Ron Paul--that explains a lot...:guitarist
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;988440 wrote: Money talks & Bullshit walks

we have way more walkers than talkers.

and theiein lies the problem.

did I read your posts - F NO

I'm waiting for it to come out in cryptnotes.:wah::wah::wah:

Patsy

I was tryin to be nice,, I know you don't understand,,

Maybe you ought read the post,,,

STUPID PEOPLE-The Heartbeat of America,,

How the ill informed vote managed to destroy the greatest country on earth!

Christian right,,Religion or cult?

If the truth were so simple why all the confusion?

here's a clue from a master,, it's all an Illusion!!

God luvs ya,,tweety!
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Don't try to insult me

from reading several other replies

no one understands where the F you stand

Except you feel you stand above all of us

I'm not stupid - idiot

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;988443 wrote: Don't try to insult me

from reading several other replies

no one understands where the F you stand

Except you feel you stand above all of us

I'm not stupid - idiot

Patsy

:guitarist:-6:guitarist

I'm just sick of watching this country go down the tubes because people vote and then stick their heads up their own ass,, and can't figure out why nothing ever gets accomplished,, except for the well to do,,of course,, who think in some warped reality that most Americans are just a bunch of whiners,, and people still go into a voting booth,,,without ever removing their heads from their own arse whole,, it's the saddest truth about America,,,

We need to all change,,,,comprende'!!!

OBAMA 08

A 5 minute conversation with the average American voter,, :-5:-5:-5

God help us all!!!
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I don't know if Obama will changed ****

I don't want 4 more years of a Bush administration

the last thing we need is heads of Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac, BearSterns and AIG

getting billions for screwing the American Public.

and I don't know if McCain can change **** either..

Welfare has grown nearly 4 times as fast under Republican administartion as it has under a Democratic Pres.

If you are weathly you want a Republican in the White house

and us little will mop up..

25% more income per house hold was made in the Clinton Administration

than any BUSH ADMINISTRATION. fact.

I'm not stupid Dr. J

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;988456 wrote: I don't know if Obama will changed ****

I don't want 4 more years of a Bush administration

the last thing we need is heads of Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac, BearSterns and AIG

getting billions for screwing the American Public.

and I don't know if McCain can change **** either..

Welfare has grown nearly 4 times as fast under Republican administartion as it has under a Democratic Pres.

If you are weathly you want a Republican in the White house

and us little will mop up..

25% more income per house hold was made in the Clinton Administration

than any BUSH ADMINISTRATION. fact.

I'm not stupid Dr. J

Patsy

I wasn't the first in this discussion to refer to the other insultingly,,, or maybe that's just my perception,, I'm on a lot of right wing threads and if I gave the impression that I was somehow superior,,I'm sorry,, it's just my way of trying to inform,,,basically of what you have just written,,,

I like you ,,Patsy,,,you show spunk,,, it's a quality in these threads I admire,,, no matter what is being traded!

I apologise if I got the wrong impression,,,of you,,,

I have learned not to take things to personal,,, there is a battle going on this country on many subjects,,, I personally have been effected by decisions of a right wing agenda on so may levels it ain't funny,,,

I got spunk,,,as well,, and admire anyone who takes the time to give as well as he/she receive,,,, there's good people in here,,,

Peace!
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The sad but true fact is the POOR PEOPLE

they need to get involved

the middle class of this country makes this country go.

the Rich people will always vote

middle class is shrinking

and the POOR won't vote. and there goes the MIDDLE CLASS.

MIDDLE CLASS gets taxes and Taxed - not the RICH and not the poor

of course the RICH is funding the PRESIDENT CANDIDATE, and it doesn't matter which party we're speaking about..

the only solution I believe is to have TERM LIMITS on every elected OFFICIAL

no more CAREER POLITICIANS

no more BIDENS - no more McCains

Make them go out and get INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INS.

We need new FRESH VIEWS every 2 years.

so every one knows how every one stands.

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;988462 wrote: The sad but true fact is the POOR PEOPLE

they need to get involved

the middle class of this country makes this country go.

the Rich people will always vote

middle class is shrinking

and the POOR won't vote. and there goes the MIDDLE CLASS.

MIDDLE CLASS gets taxes and Taxed - not the RICH and not the poor

of course the RICH is funding the PRESIDENT CANDIDATE, and it doesn't matter which party we're speaking about..

the only solution I believe is to have TERM LIMITS on every elected OFFICIAL

no more CAREER POLITICIANS

no more BIDENS - no more McCains

Make them go out and get INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INS.

We need new FRESH VIEWS every 2 years.

so every one knows how every one stands.

Patsy

I like them views,,, it would have been nice to experience a Ralph nader influence,,, or any kind of independent viewpoint,,

I live near and work in OHIO,,, I am interested in those ideas,, I believe I could develop that way,,, I just see what's in front of me now,,, I hope I live to see the days when truth spinning becomes un patriotic,, and libel,, and politicians get judged in every decision they make,, every vote taken,,, while serving,,, just as the military tries to do,,, a quarterly report,, for everyone serving,,, for any length of time...

My bullseye is the "trickle down" and any who think this country is better off with it.. One step at a time,,,. today the republicans,,,then the next bridge,,, and the next,, as they come...

;) I'm going to study what I wrote in our little tit 4 tat,, i realize perception means a lot,,, so I will study the mirror and adjust accordingly,, a work in progress,, has never blocked me,,, the evolution of my message merely adds focus to certain areas and conversations add sensitivities for the perspective of others..

Theory- God on earth in pieces- The challenge being how they all fit together,,,

becoming the collective perspective,,,

the higherpower-- the light in the shadow

I'm sorry,,I gotta mark it,, when it comes,, thx Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

DR. J

All opinions /belifefs are just that - just thoughts until another avenue is opened and ??

We're all a work in progress and we're all trying to put the pieces together.

you have a very strong personality

you call it spunk for me

others call it a bitch - I have a opinion

somewhere - somehow - we're going to have to take control of this country

we have to be UNITED /STRONG on several issues..

the problem I see - we use to be so strong - intimidating - a force, so UNITED..

now we're not

it's sad this country is falling apart at the seams of which it was made..

Geez - go figure - I may end up liking you after all...:wah:

Pats
Accountable

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Accountable »

DrJ;988441 wrote: Ron Paul,.,, I think he was the only republican I liked,,
He's the only one I've found in Washington that gives a tinker's damn about the Constitution. Everyone else, on both sides of the aisle, are bought and paid for.
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

DrJ;988435 wrote: Understanding your government,, and how it works is something everyone should strive to learn,, because if we don't we will except any and all talking points presented by which ever side spins the truth,, both sides do this...

This talking point is right wing,, they know that most don't understand how congress works on a day to day basis,, rules and such,, theres a devil in the details,, type deal...

When the blue tsunami,,,second wave hits congress all these bullshit talking points will be history... Don't take my word for it,,,research,,,research...

You will find it very misleading,,, if you learn how govt works...

"This talking point" is a Clint original. If it is a right wing talking point then all I can say is the right wing must be pretty smart.:wah:
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Accountable;988518 wrote: He's the only one I've found in Washington that gives a tinker's damn about the Constitution. Everyone else, on both sides of the aisle, are bought and paid for.

Yea,, that's the ticket,, too bad he isn't on the republican ticket,, I also liked the guy who seen the ufo's,,,Kusinich or whatever,, the guy trying to impeach Cheney,

Ron Paul as a write in candidate,,,I'm all for it

But here's the thing,, in todays reality niether of them politicians has got a chance,

so some think that if you don't like whose available your better off not voting,, because if you vote on party lines alone,, you don't know if your voting for Jesus,, or the imperial wizard,, I just want someone who is at least going to try to kill this "trickle down" con of the century played on the familys of good Americans by a conservative agenda in favor of the wealthy,,people who merely want to make a living and retire with respect,, as if they truly earned it..

I can't trust anything related to a republican agenda,, after the last 7 yrs.

How many times can anyone in any kind of relationship still trust the party that has cheated on them?
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Dr. J

you received your bribe, I mean stimulis check didn't you?

Did you spend it or return it?

I knew this check would bite us later down the road

keep printing money Bush....

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;989216 wrote: Dr. J

you received your bribe, I mean stimulis check didn't you?

Did you spend it or return it?

I knew this check would bite us later down the road

keep printing money Bush....

Patsy

I kind of quit paying taxes,,other than what is held from my paycheck,, since Bush's second term,, so the Bribe got absorbed in my tax debt,,

So Bush got me anyway,,, I'm tellin ya,, the workin' people just can't win with these people,,,:thinking:
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

My husband & I have been talking @ economy being in the mud

(serious situation)

Interesting facts that McCain /Bush wanted to take 1/4 th of Medicare and invest that into the Stock Market -

Also McCain/Bush made sure Bankruptcy laws were changed.

wow, what are the choices for Family's/Citizens to stay afloat.? What avenues are available?

Can't actually take a avenue - CAN'T AFFORD THE GAS..

Here's your stimulis check $$ you'll need it

you have 10 day's to vacate - we're reposessing your home.

every one should be angry with the condition our Country is in.

scarey

Patsy
BTS

Start Packing Sarah

Post by BTS »

Patsy Warnick;989298 wrote: My husband & I have been talking @ economy being in the mud

(serious situation)

Interesting facts that McCain /Bush wanted to take 1/4 th of Medicare and invest that into the Stock Market -

Also McCain/Bush made sure Bankruptcy laws were changed.

wow, what are the choices for Family's/Citizens to stay afloat.? What avenues are available?

Can't actually take a avenue - CAN'T AFFORD THE GAS..

Here's your stimulis check $$ you'll need it

you have 10 day's to vacate - we're reposessing your home.

every one should be angry with the condition our Country is in.

scarey

Patsy
NO Patty cake, scarey are facts about Obama's ad visors and their pasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franklin D. Raines

"In the four years since he stepped down as Fannie Mae's chief executive under the shadow of a $6.3 billion accounting scandal, Franklin D. Raines has been quietly constructing a new life for himself. He has shaved eight points off his golf handicap, taken a corner office in Steve Case's D.C. conglomeration of finance, entertainment and health-care companies and more recently, taken calls from Barack Obama's presidential campaign seeking his advice on mortgage and housing policy matters."Interestingly, until he was thrown under the bus for the Countrywide mortgage scandal, Obama's lead "veep" vetter was Jim Johnson. Johnson was also CEO of Fannie Mae.

This, of course, makes you wonder about Obama's judgment regarding the economic advice he is receiving ...
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
yaaarrrgg

Start Packing Sarah

Post by yaaarrrgg »

BTS;989312 wrote: NO Patty cake, scarey are facts about Obama's ad visors and their pasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franklin D. Raines

Surely you're not taking McCain's word for that? :wah:

Raines said in the statement through the campaign, "I am not an advisor to Barack Obama, nor have I provided his campaign with advice on housing or economic matters."

"This is another flat-out lie from a dishonorable campaign that is increasingly incapable of telling the truth. Frank Raines has never advised Senator Obama about anything -- ever. And by the way, someone whose campaign manager and top advisor worked and lobbied for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac shouldn't be throwing stones from his seven glass houses."

From: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... ml?showall
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

BTS

Patty Cakes here

Oh, so your for the PALIN - McCAIN Ticket??

I'm sure everyone in WA had a hand in the crisis this Country is in.

I have a student loan - any chance of a bailout..?

NO - citizens can just drown

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Whether either candidate believes in abortion or not,

you can bet they both want to abort themselves of any

fiscal responsibilities from the financial crisis the Country faces today.

Pres. Bush should be out - right out in front speaking to us

us little people, reassure the public - calm the people.

Of course @ a year ago Bush stated: he was looking forward to getting out of the White House to make some real money on speaking tours...:wah:

It's only been 3 weeks since McCain announced Palin as Vice

it seems like a year...

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

BTS;989312 wrote: NO Patty cake, scarey are facts about Obama's ad visors and their pasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=14"]Johnson was also CEO of Fannie Mae[/URL].

This, of course, makes you wonder about Obama's judgment regarding the economic advice he is receiving ...

The fact that the right would let a phoney phuck like McCain lie his way into the white house shows how un patriotic the Republican base truly is...

I believe the right wing socialist administration needs to be tried and hung,, for what their trying to do to this country,,,

After the election I predict poor dumb ass GWB,,, commits suicide after things come out about what he's let Wall st get away with...

I'll go as far as to say anybody voting Republican in this election needs to be tride for treason,,,, and public hangings brought back for all people who feel like they can **** the poor and middle class of this country and get another shot
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

DrJ;989400 wrote: The fact that the right would let a phoney phuck like McCain lie his way into the white house shows how un patriotic the Republican base truly is...

I believe the right wing socialist administration needs to be tried and hung,, for what their trying to do to this country,,,

After the election I predict poor dumb ass GWB,,, commits suicide after things come out about what he's let Wall st get away with...

I'll go as far as to say anybody voting Republican in this election needs to be tride for treason,,,, and public hangings brought back for all people who feel like they can **** the poor and middle class of this country and get another shot

No wonder people are moving to the right. They are getting away from this kind of madness as fast as they can. I've haven't been associated with a party for a long time. I think I just decided to become a REPUBLICAN.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Clint;989427 wrote: No wonder people are moving to the right. They are getting away from this kind of madness as fast as they can. I've haven't been associated with a party for a long time. I think I just decided to become a REPUBLICAN.

That's the republican plan,,, get everyone thinking against each other,, split the country,,, their cowards without the people,,, these false faces create this she-it and blame the other,,,I guaruntee you this generation of right wing are the most non American mutter futters in this country,,, if you want to be brainwashed by corporations your whole life,,,get the fluck gone,,,freedom is dying in right wing America,,,racism,,bigotry is their values,,,anything that splits the people...

You think we're in hard times now ,, you wait till another right wing administration gets in their,, and people start losing retirements,,,

this country will turn into a war zone,,
Clint

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Clint »

DrJ;989433 wrote: That's the republican plan,,, get everyone thinking against each other,, split the country,,, their cowards without the people,,, these false faces create this she-it and blame the other,,,I guaruntee you this generation of right wing are the most non American mutter futters in this country,,, if you want to be brainwashed by corporations your whole life,,,get the fluck gone,,,freedom is dying in right wing America,,,racism,,bigotry is their values,,,anything that splits the people...

You think we're in hard times now ,, you wait till another right wing administration gets in their,, and people start losing retirements,,,

this country will turn into a war zone,,

I suggest you read ForumGarden General Rules. 1.1 comes to mind.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Clint;989437 wrote: I suggest you read ForumGarden General Rules. 1.1 comes to mind.

These are facts,,inside equasions,,,you destroy what people hope for their whole lives,,, well,,

2+2=4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you watch and see,,, it's the beauty of tasting freedom,,, you can't go back,,, this is a complex thing,,,wall st-main st,,,

You find out whose behind this,,, and you'll get closer to seeing an eventuality so bad we have yet to ever imagine it,, it's coming,,,

McCain is that bomb,,, the things he'll be forced to do to are nice free land,,,because of economic disasters,,, will leave the meek in shock,, and dreaming of Washington,,jefferson,,franklin,, and what they had to live thru,, to get free...

REVOLUTION!!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_whistl:yh_hypno
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Dr J

You feel very strongly about the Country's condition. as I do and several others

just be very careful before you call the KKK.

Moderator's will adjust/erase your statements etc...

I've enjoyed you chatting with you

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;989439 wrote: Dr J

You feel very strongly about the Country's condition. as I do and several others

just be very careful before you call the KKK.

Moderator's will adjust/erase your statements etc...

I've enjoyed you chatting with you

Patsy

I can see it so clearly,, i mean the "kkk",, "neocon nazi" people were the most ignorant people on this planet,,, you notice you don't see these people much anymore,,don't you?

I've always wondered where they went,,, or what they evolved into..:-6

We are all the same,, God in pieces,,, Do the math,,,watch the news,,. whose lies do you believe,, who is staying off subject,,,

I promise this,,,freedom will never give up,,, honesty and integrity are the things to look for in leaders,,, find those things,,

I will fight for those things till the day I die,,,

My premise is these entities are in the highest levels of the republican party,,I think that,, I see it,,

maybe I'm just crazy,,, or this is just another misinterpretation,,

I pray,,,I pray,, that's true,,,and I'm wrong!
spot

Start Packing Sarah

Post by spot »

DrJ;989440 wrote: My premise is these entities are in the highest levels of the republican party,,I think that,, I see it,, maybe I'm just crazy,,, or this is just another misinterpretation,, I've just read the entire thread. I note that you've not claimed the Republican Party leadership are Lizard People from the Kroplaic Galaxy. I can't see why you left that bit out, you've done everything else.

I long since stepped back from every one of the threads on the Presidential election though I'd love to discuss the pros and cons of the candidates and their platforms. It's simply not possible to do that in a coherent manner because of the prejudiced partisan opinionators piling in from either side clogging up whatever thread one tries it in. I've reached the point where unsubstantiated opinion is an instant negative, as is opinion "substantiated" by a source with an interest in the outcome. That's 90% of every political thread in ForumGarden these days, the signal-to-noise ratio has flatlined.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

spot;989442 wrote: I've just read the entire thread. I note that you've not claimed the Republican Party leadership are Lizard People from the Kroplaic Galaxy. I can't see why you left that bit out, you've done everything else.

I long since stepped back from every one of the threads on the Presidential election though I'd love to discuss the pros and cons of the candidates and their platforms. It's simply not possible to do that in a coherent manner because of the prejudiced partisan opinionators piling in from either side clogging up whatever thread one tries it in. I've reached the point where unsubstantiated opinion is an instant negative, as is opinion "substantiated" by a source with an interest in the outcome. That's 90% of every political thread in ForumGarden these days, the signal-to-noise ratio has gone through the roof.

The trick is to try and not take it so personal,, I realize it's over the top,, I suspect things,, I've been seeing a lot of honesty issues being ignored,, people taking talking points at face value,, well I inject talking points people would need to research to believe to drive home a point,, that all info is partial and subject to anothers perspective,,

I want people in this country to pay more attention,,

What's the difference in what I write,, and what others quote from where ever tyhey get this right wing propaganda?

Here's an example,,,, Obama is muslim,,,,Republicans are nazi's

Do you realize how many still believe one of those?

What is wrong with the people in this country?

I realize this country's in trouble,,, I also realize people have to take responsibility for it,, and change something,, so people can't just lie their way into the white house..

I always say,, research,, research,, don't take my word,,, if we don't talk about it,,nothing will ever change,,, theres too much at stake..
Patsy Warnick

Start Packing Sarah

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Dr. J

I'm not trying to provoke you to connect any more links of info.

But news FLASH

People have been lying their way into the White House for YEARS.

I admire your strong conviction to better our Country

you just can't threaten to hang me.

You ask what's wrong with people in this country?

People in this Country - are worried about feeding their family - having gas to get to work so they can feed their family - keeping electricity on etc.. and that's a continous cycle.

You stated - you hadn't paid TAXES since Bush SR. was PRES.

and you have the nerve to ask what's wrong with the PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY ?

You thought you could send in a claim form and receive your $ 600.00

stimulis check from Bush JR.?????? HELLO your BUSTED

It's that Glass House you live in...

Patsy
DrJ

Start Packing Sarah

Post by DrJ »

Patsy Warnick;989449 wrote: Dr. J

I'm not trying to provoke you to connect any more links of info.

But news FLASH

People have been lying their way into the White House for YEARS.

I admire your strong conviction to better our Country

you just can't threaten to hang me.

You ask what's wrong with people in this country?

People in this Country - are worried about feeding their family - having gas to get to work so they can feed their family - keeping electricity on etc.. and that's a continous cycle.

You stated - you hadn't paid TAXES since Bush SR. was PRES.

and you have the nerve to ask what's wrong with the PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY ?

You thought you could send in a claim form and receive your $ 600.00

stimulis check from Bush JR.?????? HELLO your BUSTED

It that Glass House you live in...

Patsy

so why aren't more talking about the conservative economic philosophy?

I said since 04,,, My tax man died and I haven't replaced him,,,

I was kidding,,,seriously kidding,,,:-3

but I understand where everybody's coming from,,

Ok I can do it this way,, I see what spot sees,, the right have been obnxious for years,, with no blowback whatsoever,,,rush limbaugh,,Hannity,, saying and doing anything they want to smear every other candidate not in the republican loop,,

I'm done complaining about them,,

I write on quite of few threads and I see exactly what spot sees,,, and it's politics,, the closer to the election the stronger opinions get,,, I'm putting 2 cents in I don't care if Adolf Bush is writing in there,,

I don't take it personal,, sometimes you have to kick up some dust to get people to talk,, some the threads in here put me to sleep,,hehehehe (kidding)

look,, I get it,, here's what I'd like to know,,

obama wrote:

Barack Obama puts out a fairly lengthy two minute ad that talks directly to voters and allows him to explain his positions in a more detailed fashion. I still disapprove of his overall bipartisan message, I would be pounding Republican ideals that has caused this mess, but it’s still very effective.

Obama: Here’s what I believe we need to do. Reform our tax system to give a $1,000 tax break to the middle class instead of showering more on oil companies and corporations that outsource our jobs. End the “anything goes” culture on Wall Street with real regulation that protects your investments and pensions. Fast track a plan for energy ‘made-in-America’ that will free us from our dependence on mid-east oil in 10 years and put millions of Americans to work. Crack down on lobbyists - once and for all — so their back-room deal-making no longer drowns out the voices of the middle class and undermines our common interests as America.

Obama: In the past few weeks, Wall Street’s been rocked as banks closed and markets tumbled. But for many of you - the people I’ve met in town halls, backyards and diners across America - our troubled economy isn’t news. 600,000 Americans have lost their jobs since January. Paychecks are flat and home values are falling. It’s hard to pay for gas and groceries and if you put it on a credit card they’ve probably raised your rates. You’re paying more than ever for health insurance that covers less and less. This isn’t just a string of bad luck.

The truth is that while you’ve been living up to your responsibilities Washington has not. That’s why we need change. Real change. This is no ordinary time and it shouldn’t be an ordinary election. But much of this campaign has been consumed by petty attacks and distractions that have nothing to do with you or how we get America back on track.

Here’s what I believe we need to do. Reform our tax system to give a $1,000 tax break to the middle class instead of showering more on oil companies and corporations that outsource our jobs. End the “anything goes” culture on Wall Street with real regulation that protects your investments and pensions. Fast track a plan for energy ‘made-in-America’ that will free us from our dependence on mid-east oil in 10 years and put millions of Americans to work. Crack down on lobbyists - once and for all — so their back-room deal-making no longer drowns out the voices of the middle class and undermines our common interests as Americans.

And yes, bring a responsible end to this war in Iraq so we stop spending billions each month rebuilding their country when we should be rebuilding ours. Doing these things won’t be easy. But we’re Americans. We’ve met tough challenges before. And we can again. I’m Barack Obama. I hope you’ll read my economic plan. I approved this message because bitter, partisan fights and outworn ideas of the left and the right won’t solve the problems we face today. But a new spirit of unity and shared responsibility will.”

What's wrong with Mr Obama?

I believe it's because his skin is different,,, what else could it be?

Now don't get all excited folks,,,it's a legit question,,

What do you think of what he's talking about?

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”