Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

So this new guy, DL (something about him seems so familiar, oh well) otherwise known as Gnostic Xian Bishop (I think that's it) are having a discussion, Mikiel doesn't like challenge, he just likes to spout off & Mikiel finally says (Don't know what took him so long):

"I hold no interest in what you think. I just don't like people who have demeaning things to say about me, and don't even know me.

Peace on your journey."

The Kiss-Off. "I ain't gonna talk to you no more, go away, I just want to take up space & express my asinine stream of consciousness & I will check in on my threads constantly so the numbers go up & I'll fool you idiots into thinking people hang on my every word."

Since he can't accept normal human conversation, he should journal or blog or something. Preferably somewhere else, but that's not up to yours truly.

Peace & Love, Peace And Love

& he wonders why he doesn't feel love in his life.

The Beatles: "The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Post by Oscar Namechange »

AnneBoleyn;1444722 wrote: From: Seduction of the Christian Mind--

So this new guy, DL (something about him seems so familiar, oh well) otherwise known as Gnostic Xian Bishop (I think that's it) are having a discussion, Mikiel doesn't like challenge, he just likes to spout off & Mikiel finally says (Don't know what took him so long):

"I hold no interest in what you think. I just don't like people who have demeaning things to say about me, and don't even know me.

Peace on your journey."

The Kiss-Off. "I ain't gonna talk to you no more, go away, I just want to take up space & express my asinine stream of consciousness & I will check in on my threads constantly so the numbers go up & I'll fool you idiots into thinking people hang on my every word."

Since he can't accept normal human conversation, he should journal or blog or something. Preferably somewhere else, but that's not up to yours truly.

Peace & Love, Peace And Love

& he wonders why he doesn't feel love in his life.

The Beatles: "The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make.

And ?

There are people on this forum that I have absolutely no Interest when It comes to their opinions... I have even posted ' I have no Interest In anything you have to say' to a few members before In the past.

Why would Mikiel not be able to do the same? Just because someone comes Into his threads, doesn't mean he has to lap up every word they say. He has every right to accept or dismiss as anyone here does...

What I find rather more worrying, Is that since you posted this thread some weeks ago, you seem to be hovering over Mickiel's threads looking for something, anything.

Let It go Anne. Bryn has stated he Is not banning Mickiel, the general census was that no-one wants him banned...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Reinhold Niebuhr
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I Love You Oscar.

No, I don't hover over at Mickiel's threads, but when I saw Mr. Bishop responding I wanted to see when Mickiel would say "Peace on your journey". He doesn't let me down.

I could have started a new thread, but I like the title on this one. & I do respect Bryn's opionion, & I actually don't care if Mickiel is banned anymore, but he's starting up again with his non-ending continuous rumble & I felt like it.

So, apologies to all except Mickiel.
LarsMac

Ban Mickiel

Post by LarsMac »

I do check in on him, now and again to see if he has said anything rational. Now we have the two of them arguing.

No big deal.

I basically scan the list of threads with updates, read the ones I am interested in and then hit the "Mark all threads as read" link.

Who knows? maybe they'll come up with something really interesting, soon. Maybe Pahu will join in and they can all have a good time.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

I think it's pretty obvious I really hate organized religion. And I can't tell you how annoyed I get seeing these religious posters bumping threads. So what Anne said.

And what I say? Burn them. Burn them all.
LarsMac

Ban Mickiel

Post by LarsMac »

I always though of "organized religion" as sort of an oxymoron.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

To me, religious people are like the guy who gets his penis out In the street... I'm OK until forcibly rammed down my throat.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Ban Mickiel

Post by gmc »

oscar;1444755 wrote: To me, religious people are like the guy who gets his penis out In the street... I'm OK until forcibly rammed down my throat.

You do know some interesting people.

I enjoy arguing about politics and religion my only objection to mickiel is he is not the least bit interested in discussing any of the subject matter. Like most religious fundamentalists thinking about what he believes in any kind of logical or reasonable manner is something he wants to avoid for the simple reason to do so would mean he would have to analyse why he believes as he does and that is a prospect that terrifies him because the only conclusion is there is no reason for his faith so he hides behind the you are picking on me because I am religious mantra with all the zeal of the victim mentality that drives it.

To paraphrase martin luther reason is the enemy of faith and the religious just don't want to know but are fascinated by forums like this because they know they would get a right good debate if he would only take part. It's a bit like always wanting to look over a cliff just to see if you can resist the temptation to jump or it's a kind of mental masturbation he feels compelled to indulge in. I don't bother reading his posts any more as it's pointless and there's never anything original I wouldn't ban him though.
jones jones

Ban Mickiel

Post by jones jones »

Time for me to re-visit my "There Is No God" thread I think, although ...

“What can you say to a man who tells you he prefers obeying God rather than men and that as a result he's certain he'll go to heaven if he cuts your throat?”

― Voltaire, Philosophical Dictionary
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Ban Mickiel

Post by jones jones »

I mean ... knowing all we know today how can anyone believe that some invisible dude could create the universe and everything in it in six days or six thousand years or even six million years?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn;1444722 wrote:

So this new guy, DL (something about him seems so familiar, oh well)...

We had a member here named Ted, I think it was, that was interested in discussing religion and *HE* I actually enjoyed. Very good writer, incredibly well read and intelligent. I hope this is him in another incarnation.
Snowfire

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snowfire »

Snooz;1444767 wrote: We had a member here named Ted, I think it was, that was interested in discussing religion and *HE* I actually enjoyed. Very good writer, incredibly well read and intelligent. I hope this is him in another incarnation.

Yeah it was easy to enjoy Ted even if you werent religious. He was respectful and obviously, broadly knowledgeable about the full spectrum of Christianity.

Mikiel has no interest in anybody or their opinions, however well meaning they might be and should be left to stew in his own juices. He'll never get God to love him. He clearly has no love for himself or his fellow man.

A heart of stone is all I seem to read from him
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

As I checked in just now, I couldn't help but notice Mickiel has the top 4 newest slots for his one-man show. I was really just spouting off yesterday & picked this thread to do it, but it seems to have gotten his attention, so, like the childish soul he is, he retaliates by making us all take notice. "I'll Show YOU!"

I despise him.
LarsMac

Ban Mickiel

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1444773 wrote: As I checked in just now, I couldn't help but notice Mickiel has the top 4 newest slots for his one-man show. I was really just spouting off yesterday & picked this thread to do it, but it seems to have gotten his attention, so, like the childish soul he is, he retaliates by making us all take notice. "I'll Show YOU!"

I despise him.

Sorry, but, nobody else has much to say at the moment. It's sort of like when you go to a cocktail party, and everyone stops talking but the one idiot over in the corner that is just tattering away. So it seems like he is dominating the party, while everyone else is on about their own quiet business.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1444774 wrote: Sorry, but, nobody else has much to say at the moment. It's sort of like when you go to a cocktail party, and everyone stops talking but the one idiot over in the corner that is just tattering away. So it seems like he is dominating the party, while everyone else is on about their own quiet business.

I get your point, I honestly do, but I just can't stand the guy, he just rubs me the wrong way.
LarsMac

Ban Mickiel

Post by LarsMac »

I tend to be against banning folks, but there are a few who are not here to actually discuss their PoV. The just are looking for a place to dump their ridiculous notions, thinking they are somehow showing their wisdom.

My worry is that newcomers show up here, see their drivel and think, "Wow, that site is full of ninnies. I guess I will look elsewhere for intelligent discourse."

(Well, they may do that, anyway, ..., )
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1444779 wrote: I tend to be against banning folks, but there are a few who are not here to actually discuss their PoV. The just are looking for a place to dump their ridiculous notions, thinking they are somehow showing their wisdom.

My worry is that newcomers show up here, see their drivel and think, "Wow, that site is full of ninnies. I guess I will look elsewhere for intelligent discourse."

(Well, they may do that, anyway, ..., )

I get your point, I honestly do, but I just can't stand the guy, he just rubs me the wrong way. I don't really believe in banning either, there's just something so wrong with his mental state. IMO, of course.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

:43; :45; :47; :48

Prolific
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Snooz;1444767 wrote: We had a member here named Ted, I think it was, that was interested in discussing religion and *HE* I actually enjoyed. Very good writer, incredibly well read and intelligent. I hope this is him in another incarnation.

Ted was Bryn's brother. Or Is Bryn's brother I should say.
Snowfire

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1444796 wrote: Ted was Bryn's brother. Or Is Bryn's brother I should say.

Pretty sure its not the same Ted

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Snowfire;1444805 wrote: Pretty sure its not the same Ted Tis...Ask Bryn.. Think his name's Edward
Bruv

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1444773 wrote: As I checked in just now, I couldn't help but notice Mickiel has the top 4 newest slots for his one-man show. I was really just spouting off yesterday & picked this thread to do it, but it seems to have gotten his attention, so, like the childish soul he is, he retaliates by making us all take notice. "I'll Show YOU!"

I despise him.

It was Mickiel I crossed swords with a while back wasn't it?

He is harmless.

Didn't he virtually plead to stay ? and went underground for while.

Annie......don't despise, it's too debilitating

Just don't get into his threads.....I manage not to these days.....I was just following you
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bruv;1444813 wrote: It was Mickiel I crossed swords with a while back wasn't it?

He is harmless.

Didn't he virtually plead to stay ? and went underground for while.

Annie......don't despise, it's too debilitating

Just don't get into his threads.....I manage not to these days.....I was just following you

How can you claim I am harmless, when its obvious that I did great harm to her head; without even trying to;

I wonder what would happen if I tried to hurt her head; get into her consciousness and just hurt it?

But I am not like that; she is safe with me. I won't hurt her.

Or anyonelse; but I may hurt the concepts they believe in; now that is what you crossed swords with, and you want no more of;

and I understand that. I don't get into your threads, you don't get in mine; this is how it is simply done.

Peace. And Peace is possible.
Snowfire

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1444810 wrote: Tis...Ask Bryn.. Think his name's Edward

I know Bryn's real name. I'm questioning whether the poster called Ted was the same man

Edited to add.....

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/members/ted.html

Well this doesnt seem like Bryn

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Snowfire;1444816 wrote: I know Bryn's real name. I'm questioning whether the poster called Ted was the same man

Edited to add.....

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/members/ted.html

Well this doesnt seem like Bryn

I know Bryn's surname also... but I'll ask Bryn to be sure,
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Mickiel;1444815 wrote: How can you claim I am harmless, when its obvious that I did great harm to her head; without even trying to;

I wonder what would happen if I tried to hurt her head; get into her consciousness and just hurt it?

Or anyonelse; but I may hurt the concepts they believe in; now that is what you crossed swords with, and you want no more of;

and I understand that. I don't get into your threads, you don't get in mine; this is how it is simply done.

Peace. And Peace is possible.

The harm Is self Inflicted Mikiel...

There has been many a spat on this forum over the years and the advice from Moderators always Is to put the person on Ignore. That's what I'd advise anyone who has a problem with you to do. Why look at someone's threads If they just rile you ?

As I have said before Mikiel, I'm not overly religious so I don't read your threads... It's that simple...but to conduct what Is rapidly appearing to be a witch-hunt Is not on.
Snowfire

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1444819 wrote: I know Bryn's surname also... but I'll ask Bryn to be sure,

You don't need to. Take my word for it. Ted's profile is a million miles from Bryn, in both geological and physical aspects

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

Yup, Ted lived in British Columbia, Canada. That doesn't mean he can't still be related to Bryn, but I don't think he is.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1444820 wrote: The harm Is self Inflicted Mikiel...

There has been many a spat on this forum over the years and the advice from Moderators always Is to put the person on Ignore. That's what I'd advise anyone who has a problem with you to do. Why look at someone's threads If they just rile you ?

As I have said before Mikiel, I'm not overly religious so I don't read your threads... It's that simple...but to conduct what Is rapidly appearing to be a witch-hunt Is not on.

I know its a witch hunt; I am aware of that; I don't care who reads my threads, and I don't care to read threads I am not interested in; simple. But to others its not that simple; its a matter of " Skin", and how they let people get under it. My beliefs have threatened theirs; simple as that; and they want to get rid of the threat.

They can't control me, and that angers them; their witch hunt did not work before, so they try to ressurect it and reincarnate it as many times as possible.

In my view, witch hunts should be banned; if anything.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Mickiel;1444823 wrote: I know its a witch hunt; I am aware of that; I don't care who reads my threads, and I don't care to read threads I am not interested in; simple. But to others its not that simple; its a matter of " Skin", and how they let people get under it. My beliefs have threatened theirs; simple as that; and they want to get rid of the threat.

They can't control me, and that angers them; their witch hunt did not work before, so they try to ressurect it and reincarnate it as many times as possible.

In my view, witch hunts should be banned; if anything. Put It this way Mikiel... If I did the same, the member would be whining to Moderators that I was ' bullying ' them within the first 4 posts and I'd be accused of Trolling.

Anne posted this thread weeks ago.... It's all been done and said... I think It should be left alone now, not resurrected every time they don't like your threads...and you shouldn't have to keep defending yourself when the owner of the site has made his decision weeks ago.
Týr

Ban Mickiel

Post by Týr »

Snooz;1444822 wrote: Yup, Ted lived in British Columbia, Canada. That doesn't mean he can't still be related to Bryn, but I don't think he is.

Let's put it this way - I've never met Ted, and Bryn's my brother. You may work out the unlikelihood yourself.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Týr;1444827 wrote: Let's put it this way - I've never met Ted, and Bryn's my brother. You may work out the unlikelihood yourself. Then I am wrong.

My apologies.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1444826 wrote: Put It this way Mikiel... If I did the same, the member would be whining to Moderators that I was ' bullying ' them within the first 4 posts and I'd be accused of Trolling.

Anne posted this thread weeks ago.... It's all been done and said... I think It should be left alone now, not resurrected every time they don't like your threads...

Well I understand that, in fact I don't troll at all; I very rarely post on other threads that are not my own; this one is just an attack on me that I choose to stand up to. Or I would not even post on it; but the woman admittedly despises me; and she has to express that because it swells within her; germinates within her.

I left it alone; but when she burps it out over and over again; I wonder is that bullying, but accepted because she is female? If I in turn treated her like she has done me, what would be the result of that?

A man saying online that he dispises a woman. Oh I would catch it from many directions; this I know already;

but things are as they are.
Týr

Ban Mickiel

Post by Týr »

Mickiel;1444829 wrote: A man saying online that he dispises a woman. Oh I would catch it from many directions; this I know already;
It's an established tradition on this site. By all means carry on.
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

Maybe he's a brother from another mother.
Týr

Ban Mickiel

Post by Týr »

Snooz;1444832 wrote: Maybe he's a brother from another mother.

Or perhaps Vancouver Island Ted was farmed out at birth and sent on a colonial adoption program to eventually seek fame and fortune trapping beaver along Hudson's Bay. Nobody in my family's ever mentioned this event but then, in those circumstances they might have chosen not to.
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

Record keeping in the Victorian era were a little spotty.
Snowfire

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snowfire »

Trapping beaver. That always stops me in my stride

Winston Churchill
Týr

Ban Mickiel

Post by Týr »

Snooz;1444836 wrote: Record keeping in the Victorian era were a little spotty.

Fifteen love.

It's about time you served a few double faults, young Snooz.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mickiel;1444815 wrote: How can you claim I am harmless, when its obvious that I did great harm to her head; without even trying to;

You're really spastically idiotic. Get into my consciousness? Of course I'm safe, you dingdong. :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Mickiel;1444829 wrote: Well I understand that, in fact I don't troll at all; I very rarely post on other threads that are not my own; this one is just an attack on me that I choose to stand up to. Or I would not even post on it; but the woman admittedly despises me; and she has to express that because it swells within her; germinates within her.

I left it alone; but when she burps it out over and over again; I wonder is that bullying, but accepted because she is female? If I in turn treated her like she has done me, what would be the result of that?

A man saying online that he dispises a woman. Oh I would catch it from many directions; this I know already;

but things are as they are. We don't expect to get along with everyone we meet In real life and this Is an online forum for people of all walks of life. Sometimes, we lose sight of that.

There are a few here I have little time for but I can say, I don't ' despise' anyone here.

My advice here to you would be that If this thread Is resurrected yet again In a few weeks time, then resist feeling you have to defend yourself all the time.

And my advice to Anne Is If you have a problem with anything Mikiel has posted then either report It so It can be discussed by Green members or take It to Bryn. What you are doing here Is forcing Mikiel to enter Into a conversation he doesn't want. Sorry but that IS bullying.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

John are you really Bryn's brother?
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

oscar;1444840 wrote:

Sorry but that IS bullying.

Interesting coming from you, the one so often accused by so many.

"Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively impose domination over others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

No one is forcing him to enter into anything, unlike him, who forces people to leave his threads by dismissing them to a Peaceful Journey.

As for how I should handle him: "I did it MY Way!" regards to Francis Albert.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1444843 wrote: Interesting coming from you, the one so often accused by so many.

"Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively impose domination over others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

No one is forcing him to enter into anything, unlike him, who forces people to leave his threads by dismissing them to a Peaceful Journey.

As for how I should handle him: "I did it MY Way!" regards to Francis Albert. Anne, I'm not having a go at you... just trying to defuse a situation that Bryn has already ruled on.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mickiel has 13 Threads that he is actively pushing right now. I'm not saying he can't do it; I'm not saying he shouldn't do it. I am saying he has deep mental issues & at times I get tired of seeing his name. I do not read them, ever, unless it shows up in my e-mail because I once participated; or, if I see a new person attempt conversation with him, knowing this person will soon get the boot. I will not add to his viewing his own threads constantly to get his numbers up; I'm sure that can be checked in some way. I think he is a very sick man & you are wasting your generosity in defending him. He is an offensive individual, kind of like your neighbors who took advantage of your natural good will.

I know you are not having a go at me, nor I you. I have much affection for you (and Peter) & always enjoy your posts & threads.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1444847 wrote: Mickiel has 13 Threads that he is actively pushing right now. I'm not saying he can't do it; I'm not saying he shouldn't do it. I am saying he has deep mental issues & at times I get tired of seeing his name. I do not read them, ever, unless it shows up in my e-mail because I once participated; or, if I see a new person attempt conversation with him, knowing this person will soon get the boot. I will not add to his viewing his own threads constantly to get his numbers up; I'm sure that can be checked in some way. I think he is a very sick man & you are wasting your generosity in defending him. He is an offensive individual, kind of like your neighbors who took advantage of your natural good will.

I know you are not having a go at me, nor I you. I have much affection for you (and Peter) & always enjoy your posts & threads. Right... that's exactly where I leave my last shred of empathy and ability to see both sides for you.

Your last post was to attack me and I let that go.

What you are doing now Is a character assassination on the guy while as far as new threads go, you contribute zilch yourself.

That's always been a problem with forums... thinking we know all their Is to know about someone from their posts.

You seem obsessed with him.

I'm not responding further Anne.... I'll leave It to Bryn.
Týr

Ban Mickiel

Post by Týr »

AnneBoleyn;1444841 wrote: John are you really Bryn's brother?

That's what our parents told us. I'm one of the few who knows why he's called Bryn. I even know, not unreasonably, what he was actually christened.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oscar--

Gosh, I really thought I was being Nice to you!!!!!!!!!!!! Shows you what I know!!!!!!!!!!
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Týr;1444849 wrote: That's what our parents told us. I'm one of the few who knows why he's called Bryn. I even know, not unreasonably, what he was actually christened.

I find this Overwhelming! Not sure why, but I do! Must mull.
Týr

Ban Mickiel

Post by Týr »

oscar;1444848 wrote: That's always been a problem with forums... thinking we know all their Is to know about someone from their posts.

You could add that to your .sig if you like.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”