Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I have never said anything like this in my entire life. I would like to see Mickiel banned from this forum.

Everything he posts here he has already tried on city-data.com and religiousforums.com. There are probably others.

He has no interest in discussion, he dismisses everything with "Peace in your life." He is dismissive of others & I would like to see him dismissed.

He bombards the Forum, & the more others begin topics on other subjects, the more he writes & views himself to get back on the top of the list.

I'm disgusted by his presence here; about being used by this anti-social man for anti-social reasons.

I've been banning myself from coming here---it happens when I turn to Today's Posts & see his name on his own topics only over & over again. I don't wish to play his games anymore. I've tried ignoring him, but I'd rather see him gone.

All in Favor say AYE.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Sorry I don't and can't agree,

He's no worse than Truth or any of the others.

If they take up the front page, I just go to ' my profile' and check my own threads for any replies.

With all these threads, they get views, so someone Is reading them and I don't think anyone can dictate who posts what here.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Sounds like a 'Nay'.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I am sure that in seeing this topic Mickiel will respond with further bombardments to this board. He will feel empowered to do so, feels justified in doing so. His only purpose is not to instruct, but to annoy.

He says he is 58, but behaves like a six year old; no, make it a two year old. A poorly brought up 2 year old, probably beaten by his parents.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1434563 wrote: I am sure that in seeing this topic Mickiel will respond with further bombardments to this board. He will feel empowered to do so, feels justified in doing so. His only purpose is not to instruct, but to annoy.

He says he is 58, but behaves like a six year old; no, make it a two year old. A poorly brought up 2 year old, probably beaten by his parents. Anne, don't let It get to you. Just avoid his threads and put him on Ignore.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434563 wrote: I am sure that in seeing this topic Mickiel will respond with further bombardments to this board. He will feel empowered to do so, feels justified in doing so. His only purpose is not to instruct, but to annoy.

He says he is 58, but behaves like a six year old; no, make it a two year old. A poorly brought up 2 year old, probably beaten by his parents.

I have been banned from 4 sites so far and counting. Some I deserved, some I did not. In the early years I was hard and headhunting, unforgiving and vain; stubborn and impulsive, and I certainly called people names. I have changed some, matured some, but I still got ways that I don't even like, so I can understand others not liking them.

I will be banned from more websites, no doubt about it, I can get on peoples nerves for various reasons. I know that to be true. But I am not into breaking site rules, not as much as I used to be. I really don't care about being banned, when it happens, I just move on, never complaining about it; there is plenty of room on the internet to get this thing in me; out of me, because I cannot hold it in.

Good luck in your efforts.

Peace.
Ahso!

Ban Mickiel

Post by Ahso! »

He says he is 58, but behaves like a six year old; no, make it a two year old. A poorly brought up 2 year old, probably beaten by his parents.I know it's frustrating, Anne, and I personally agree with you. The idea that everyone should be allowed to post whatever they want because it's their right ends up costing forums good members. I think there's too much of an emphasis on indexing here.

If not booting spamming posters then I think they should be confined to an area off the main page. That's precisely what some other forums do in order to keep their valued members satisfied with the quality of threads. Though, it has to be said that the quality of FG's threads has deteriorated overall. Forums have to choose between quality and numbers. I'd choose quality myself. Spammers and other empty posters are enemies of the forum concept.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

oscar;1434565 wrote: Anne, don't let It get to you. Just avoid his threads and put him on Ignore.

He shouldn't be ignored oscar. He is a Destructive, Evil Force.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1434569 wrote: I know it's frustrating, Anne, and I personally agree with you. The idea that everyone should be allowed to post whatever they want because it's their right ends up costing forums good members. I think there's too much of an emphasis on indexing here.

If not booting spamming posters then I think they should be confined to an area off the main page. That's precisely what some other forums do in order to keep their valued members satisfied with the quality of threads. Though, it has to be said that the quality of FG's threads has deteriorated overall. Forums have to choose between quality and numbers. I'd choose quality myself. Spammers and other empty posters are enemies of the forum concept.

So, which is it, AYE or Nay? Straight vote, that's all I'm asking for, like on your Rock Off thread.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I was a member here before anyone who has posted on this thread so far; its not the first time some have tried to trim the site to suit their wants and desires.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434571 wrote: He shouldn't be ignored oscar. He is a Destructive, Evil Force.

I am not evil or destructive, I am just in disagreement with your views, thats what you don't like; its you who are calling people names and being vendictive and hateful.
Ahso!

Ban Mickiel

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1434572 wrote: So, which is it, AYE or Nay? Straight vote, that's all I'm asking for, like on your Rock Off thread.I'd prefer not see his posts on the main page, along with that of Pahu, Truths, katsung and the rest like them, however management wants to handle it.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1434571 wrote: He shouldn't be ignored oscar. He is a Destructive, Evil Force.

Put It this way.

He doesn't bother me simply because I don't go Into his threads. There are other members here who I don't bother reading their threads.

Sorry but you choose to enter his threads and then you choose to be offended and get upset because he doesn't respond In the way you wish him to. Thus you are doing what you are accusing him of.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Tonight, this conversation must carry-on (or not) without my input. I'll try to check in, but most probably will see you all tomorrow. Hopefully, the AYES will carry the motion; that is not binding, of course, only Bryn can do that I suppose.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Ahso!;1434576 wrote: I'd prefer not see his posts on the main page, along with Pahu's, Truths, katsung and the rest like them, however management wants to handle it.

And just maybe, they choose not to see yours, mine or anyone else's. What does It matter?
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1434576 wrote: I'd prefer not see his posts on the main page, along with that of Pahu, Truths, katsung and the rest like them, however management wants to handle it.

Pahu, Truth & Katsung do not dominate the Forum. They say their piece, then leave. They even engage more. No comparison.
Ahso!

Ban Mickiel

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1434575 wrote: I am not evil or destructive, I am just in disagreement with your views, thats what you don't like; its you who are calling people names and being vendictive and hateful.Quit playing the victim, Mickey, you don't disagree with any good reason, your entire conversation is based on "because I said so".

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1434577 wrote: Put It this way.

He doesn't bother me simply because I don't go Into his threads. There are other members here who I don't bother reading their threads.

Sorry but you choose to enter his threads and then you choose to be offended and get upset because he doesn't respond In the way you wish him to. Thus you are doing what you are accusing him of.

Not to be in disrespect of your ignoring me, but I agree with you; those I don't like, I simply ignore them and don't post on their threads.

This is just another effort to lynch someone who disagrees with you and you are trying to silence.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Ahso!;1434582 wrote: Quit playing the victim, Mickey, you don't disagree with any good reason, your entire conversation is based on "because I said so".

And this thread should not be an excuse to gang up on him.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mickiel;1434575 wrote: I am not evil or destructive, I am just in disagreement with your views, thats what you don't like; its you who are calling people names and being vendictive and hateful.

Then prove it by restraining yourself; by self-control; by self-limitation. Your need to dominate is what is vindictive & hateful.
Ahso!

Ban Mickiel

Post by Ahso! »

AnneBoleyn;1434580 wrote: Pahu, Truth & Katsung do not dominate the Forum. They say their piece, then leave. They even engage more. No comparison.See, that's the problem management is faced with. Your frustrations and mine. Who should they satisfy?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Ban Mickiel

Post by Ahso! »

oscar;1434584 wrote: and this thread should not be an excuse to gang up on him.stfu!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1434582 wrote: Quit playing the victim, Mickey, you don't disagree with any good reason, your entire conversation is based on "because I said so".

I hold no interest in conversing with those who call people names, I have conversed with you for years, and I recently stopped, because you recently started calling me names.

Its right there in the archives.
Ahso!

Ban Mickiel

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1434588 wrote: I hold no interest in conversing with those who call people names, I have conversed with you for years, and I recently stopped, because you recently started calling me names.

Its right there in the archives.Boo Hoo!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Ahso!;1434586 wrote: See, that's the problem management is faced with. Your frustrations and mine. Who should they satisfy?

I don't know, but truthfully, *I* don't feel like posting anymore until Mickiel is somehow restrained. I'm definitely not saying I'm worth more, & it's certainly my own choice to come & go for any reason (like anyone else) but I've had my fill of his attitude. The man needs help, & until he can see that himself I feel used by his sociopathic urgencies. Really must go now.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434585 wrote: Then prove it by restraining yourself; by self-control; by self-limitation. Your need to dominate is what is vindictive & hateful.

I have been posting here over 6 years, this is the first time I have ran so many threads; I have my reasons for doing it, I want to see the section thrive more. I'll take the punishments for that. I have hardly ever stayed for weeks, posting every day;

you can see why I have avoided doing it. And I will not restrain myself in the manner that I KNOW you are talking about; and I don't want anyonelse to be limited either.

That;s your thing, not mine.
Betty Boop

Ban Mickiel

Post by Betty Boop »

Ahso!;1434587 wrote: stfu!

Uncalled for Ahso, I suggest you take a break.

Oscar makes a valid point, this is not the place to gang up on another member. Management will read your points of view and act accordingly. Just remember that management are in full time jobs and cannot be here at forumgarden 24/7 to sort out these spats.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Betty Boop;1434592 wrote: Uncalled for Ahso, I suggest you take a break.

Oscar makes a valid point, this is not the place to gang up on another member. Management will read your points of view and act accordingly. Just remember that management are in full time jobs and cannot be here at forumgarden 24/7 to sort out these spats.

I don't break rules here, and I think it strange that Ahso and Anne are calling me names and slandering me, and yet want me banned.

Good Grief! If you don't like peoples threads, simply don't read them; but see I think this thing goes far deeper than that.
Betty Boop

Ban Mickiel

Post by Betty Boop »

I'm not sure starting threads like this is at all helpful. We'll probably have World War III break out now.

Don't read threads that annoy, use the ignore feature.

When someone annoys me I try to step back and wonder what it is about them that annoys me so much. Often the annoyance factor is due to that person showing you something within yourself you dislike.
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1434577 wrote: Put It this way.

I really REALLY dislike seeing him monopolizing the first page of the forum threads and it annoys the crap out of me that every thread is about religion. If we ever get someone new that might be interested in a good general forum, they'll be seriously turned off by all the zealotry. I don't read the religion forums and I don't care if he stays or not, I just want him tucked away where he's not smothering the board with his obsessive posting.

And I posted about this very same issue in the green area and was ignored. Sorry Anne, I tried.

ETA: If he just did this on Sundays, it wouldn't be so bad but he just admitted he's determined to do this EVERY SINGLE DAY. Would someone please intervene?
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Mickiel;1434583 wrote: Not to be in disrespect of your ignoring me, but I agree with you; those I don't like, I simply ignore them and don't post on their threads.

This is just another effort to lynch someone who disagrees with you and you are trying to silence.

Rest assured, I do not Ignore your threads because you offend me In any way. You don't. It's simply a matter of horses for courses. I like particular topics and so do you. That's what forums are about, different people, different Interests.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

It's a difficult one and I can see both sides but as an example, It wasn't that long ago I posted a poll on weather Ahso was posting too many gun threads and I complained about the way he Insulted Tude Dog the moment Tude failed to agree with him. If I recall correctly, there was a suggestion that Ahso posted all his gun agenda In the same thread.

Now I am not honing In on Ahso, It's just an example but It does show that we can't all be pleased all of the time.

To be honest, Mickiel's threads are not half as Irritating as some of the mindless games a particular member played here. I'd log on In the night and find the entire front page full of ' something beginning with D ' or ' words ending with H'.

I don't know what the answer Is, but getting nasty and wound up Is not going to solve It. Nor Is a gang mentality to bully someone out. A compromise could be found not this ganging up.
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1434598 wrote: It's a difficult one and I can see both sides but as an example, It wasn't that long ago I posted a poll on weather Ahso was posting too many gun threads and I complained about the way he Insulted Tude Dog the moment Tude failed to agree with him. If I recall correctly, there was a suggestion that Ahso posted all his gun agenda In the same thread.

Now I am not honing In on Ahso, It's just an example but It does show that we can't all be pleased all of the time.

To be honest, Mickiel's threads are not half as Irritating as some of the mindless games a particular member played here. I'd log on In the night and find the entire front page full of ' something beginning with D ' or ' words ending with H'.

I don't know what the answer Is, but getting nasty and wound up Is not going to solve It. Nor Is a gang mentality to bully someone out. A compromise could be found not this ganging up.

The word games is exactly what I compared this to and I wondered if the same solution could be found, ie getting it off the main page. He can proselytize on his soapbox all he wants and the members that don't want to see his endless spamming can avoid it.

I hope I'm not getting nasty about this although I am getting wound up.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1434597 wrote: Rest assured, I do not Ignore your threads because you offend me In any way. You don't. It's simply a matter of horses for courses. I like particular topics and so do you. That's what forums are about, different people, different Interests.

Well I agree, its basically what people like and don't like. I rarely even post on threads other than my own, but this particular one is just insulting me; I could have ignored it, but they put it in the religion section. She did it because she disagrees with me, and does not like what I have to say. I wanted to " Pump up " the religion section, so I put more threads there; the multiple threads are showing up on the home page, something I never even took thought of. I wouldnot even mind myself if they fixed it so my threads wouldnot show up there; I don't care about that.

I only wanted to bring more life in the section I post in, then when they started complaining and griping and calling me names and such, I was just surprised, but not intimidated in any manner. I hope I am wrong, but I personally think its a Theist- Atheist thing at its root. They started griping, I fought back by saying I like the amount of views the threads get; they did not like that comment and they took it to this level.

And they don't like you disagreeing with it. They are looking for support in their lynch mob mentality.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

SnoozeAgain;1434599 wrote:

I hope I'm not getting nasty about this although I am getting wound up. You're not nasty, ever. I can understand the frustration but I don't agree with the way Anne has gone about this. She could have used the report function Instead.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Mickiel;1434600 wrote: Well I agree, its basically what people like and don't like. I rarely even post on threads other than my own, but this particular one is just insulting me; I could have ignored it, but they put it in the religion section. She did it because she disagrees with me, and does not like what I have to say. I wanted to " Pump up " the religion section, so I put more threads there; the multiple threads are showing up on the home page, something I never even took thought of. I wouldnot even mind myself if they fixed it so my threads wouldnot show up there; I don't care about that.

I only wanted to bring more life in the section I post in, then when they started complaining and griping and calling me names and such, I was just surprised, but not intimidated in any manner. I hope I am wrong, but I personally think its a Theist- Atheist thing at its root. They started griping, I fought back by saying I like the amount of views the threads get; they did not like that comment and they took it to this level.

And they don't like you disagreeing with it. They are looking for support in their lynch mob mentality.

We all have passions, mine Is horse racing, Immigration and benefit scroungers. The point being, there Is a sports catagory, a current affairs catagory and a people catagory for me to take advantage the same as Ahso can use the Gun control catagory. However, the fact remains that the forum has these catagorys. If you were posting religion In the sports section, then there could be cause for complaint but you are sticking to your catagory and you can't be faulted for that.

Now to be brutally honest...sometimes I log on and the entire forum is flatter than a witches tit so It's down to the complainers to chivvy the forum along by posting more threads and then your threads won't be dominating the front page. Your threads are on the front page due to lack of posting by others.
flopstock

Ban Mickiel

Post by flopstock »

I'm old now, so I don't care much about being politically correct anymore. Sure everyone has a right to say what they want. Doesn't mean they are entitled to our space to do it, IMO.

If I don't like a movie -I leave. If I don't like a TV show I change the channel. If I don't like a book, I don't finish it.

We are not a captive audience. We have choices. It took me a long time to exercise mine. I stop in to check for spam or to make sure things are not out of control in an active thread. I'll look around for a few of you to see what's up. Most threads I don't even pause to read the name of - simply the created by.

The weeds have taken over a large bit of the garden, IMO

I blame the nutguy....

and nomad.:lips:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1434604 wrote: We all have passions, mine Is horse racing, Immigration and benefit scroungers. The point being, there Is a sports catagory, a current affairs catagory and a people catagory for me to take advantage the same as Ahso can use the Gun control catagory. However, the fact remains that the forum has these catagorys. If you were posting religion In the sports section, then there could be cause for complaint but you are sticking to your catagory and you can't be faulted for that.

Now to be brutally honest...sometimes I log on and the entire forum is flatter than a witches tit so It's down to the complainers to chivvy the forum along by posting more threads and then your threads won't be dominating the front page. Your threads are on the front page due to lack of posting by others.

Well I did not know about that front page until I was told in a complaint on one of my threads. Like I said, IF that is their real complaint, I would not mind if they kept my threads from that page, again, I don't care about that. But if they want me to stop posting in the religious section, then I think we all can know why that is. In fact, this year, out of six years, I first posted outside of religion in the philosophy section, and believe it or not, I did that to pacify Anne; she complained all I wrote about was God. But hey, that's my thing you know. But I did a post on Primordial man and consciousness. Still got into God a bit, but its mostly theory. I can see how the site often is barren of post, that is one of the reasons I posted so many threads in the religious section, to help pump it up.

Instead, it pumped up these feelings in some, who seek to control how people post I think. You talk and respond to them for years, then they insult you, you back away from them because of that, and they get mad at that and start claiming your ignoring them and not debating; unwilling to take personal responsibility for it, they then seek to get you banned. I have been banned twice for this same dynamic and behavior, neither time was it my fault, but I knew that is just how it is at that place it happened; their deception worked. Twice I have got banned for fighting back too strongly, often Atheist did it to me, and Christians as well, because I disagreed with both. One site I was a member for 10 years. But often its scapegoat, lynching, and just me getting tired of it and striking back stronger than I was attacked, which was my fault.

It is what it is.
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

oscar;1434604 wrote: We all have passions, mine Is horse racing, Immigration and benefit scroungers. The point being, there Is a sports catagory, a current affairs catagory and a people catagory for me to take advantage the same as Ahso can use the Gun control catagory. However, the fact remains that the forum has these catagorys. If you were posting religion In the sports section, then there could be cause for complaint but you are sticking to your catagory and you can't be faulted for that.

I don't normally start threads unless I think it's something worth sharing (except maybe that one second abs photo) but I do like to see what others are up to and it's hard to find anything that isn't religion based. Even Tabby's excellent threads are getting buried, which should be a criminal offense in itself.

Seriously, does he have to keep bumping every god damn thread he's ever posted on? It's a selfish use of a forum that we all share.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

SnoozeAgain;1434607 wrote: I don't normally start threads unless I think it's something worth sharing (except maybe that one second abs photo) but I do like to see what others are up to and it's hard to find anything that isn't religion based. Even Tabby's excellent threads are getting buried, which should be a criminal offense in itself.

Seriously, does he have to keep bumping every god damn thread he's ever posted on? It's a selfish use of a forum that we all share.

I can see both sides and you are as entitled to an opinion as anyone Is.

If I am being honest, that Raj geezer gave me the hump once when he filled up the whole front page. We had another one some years ago called ' Daniel' or something and he filled the front page with conspiricy stuff. Then we had a run of Ahso's gun agenda but I just feel so blatantly writing a new thread just to attack a member and then looking for ally's Is out of order.

Maybe Bryn can find compromise so all can be happy. Sorry but I find this thread bully tactics. Another thing If I am being honest, I don't like the way this thread has been posted and then the author buggering off for the night to leave other members to do the arguing and debating. It's like lighting the blue touch paper and standing back waiting for the fireworks.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Mickiel;1434606 wrote: Well I did not know about that front page until I was told in a complaint on one of my threads. Like I said, IF that is their real complaint, I would not mind if they kept my threads from that page, again, I don't care about that. But if they want me to stop posting in the religious section, then I think we all can know why that is. In fact, this year, out of six years, I first posted outside of religion in the philosophy section, and believe it or not, I did that to pacify Anne; she complained all I wrote about was God. But hey, that's my thing you know. But I did a post on Primordial man and consciousness. Still got into God a bit, but its mostly theory. I can see how the site often is barren of post, that is one of the reasons I posted so many threads in the religious section, to help pump it up.

Instead, it pumped up these feelings in some, who seek to control how people post I think. You talk and respond to them for years, then they insult you, you back away from them because of that, and they get mad at that and start claiming your ignoring them and not debating; unwilling to take personal responsibility for it, they then seek to get you banned. I have been banned twice for this same dynamic and behavior, neither time was it my fault, but I knew that is just how it is at that place it happened; their deception worked. Twice I have got banned for fighting back too strongly, often Atheist did it to me, and Christians as well, because I disagreed with both. One site I was a member for 10 years. But often its scapegoat, lynching, and just me getting tired of it and striking back stronger than I was attacked, which was my fault.

It is what it is. I don't think you should really have to justify yourself here. Bryn nor moderators ban a member just because others think they should be banned. The forum would have died a death years ago If that was the case.

Your willing to compromise and If It were me, I'd wait until Bryn has seen this thread and makes his decision as site owner. I don't think you should feel bullyed out of here.

Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel

Well I did not know about that front page until I was told in a complaint on one of my threads.

Just a thought. If Mickiel Is only using the religious catagory and goes straight Into that catagory from his PC, then when he posts his threads, as he said, he Is not aware of what's on the front page. So he wouldn't have realised that when he posts several threads In one night, those threads will go to the top of the front page.

Even If he bumps his threads, he may be totally unaware that they are going back to the front page. I don't think for a minute that he's deliberately hogging the front page.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1434613 wrote: Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel

Well I did not know about that front page until I was told in a complaint on one of my threads.

Just a thought. If Mickiel Is only using the religious catagory and goes straight Into that catagory from his PC, then when he posts his threads, as he said, he Is not aware of what's on the front page. So he wouldn't have realised that when he posts several threads In one night, those threads will go to the top of the front page.

Even If he bumps his threads, he may be totally unaware that they are going back to the front page. I don't think for a minute that he's deliberately hogging the front page.

No I am not hogging some front page, I never even went to the front page until this week, because of this mess. I don't know the site owner, but he can wipe anything I have off of that page for all I care. I enjoy posting in the religious section, I stay there 99% of my time here. And only this month have I ventured out and posted anywherelse, although I know I hold a right to. 6 years of posting and I never even realized these post get on this front page. The whole thing kind of sickens me; but I know that is just how it is. I have never tried to get anyone bumped off of a site, because I did not like their thoughts. Never; and never will.

If it was against the rules to bump up old threads, I would not do it. The threads are still being read, in the thousands; one over 60,000, one over 80,000, why should the threads that show interest be left in the elephant grave? Go ahead and expound; continue; when people stop reading them, then stop writing on them and let them die.

But I have seen this before; on a site Anne mentioned, this same thing happened, I had probally 7 monster threads; people got mad, they complained, they then combined them into one giant thread; the Atheist kept fighting, and I returned the fight and got banned. That was years ago. Same material I post now; just different as we think different as we grow. Several of those threads were over 100,000 each; same thing, people were reading them like I don't know what. But I was brash and said whatever I wanted too. I know I got under peoples skin, and hardly cared about it.

Now its different, I care more than I did then. But these things don't change; they just are what they are. Strong opinions often get strong reactions, and ultimately strong results.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn wrote:

This is so insulting; my Mom died Feb. 15th, this year, at 11:00 at night. My best friend in the world, and it hurt me and my family so much. Still hurts.

You should never insult people like this, because you never know what they have with their parents.
Patsy Warnick

Ban Mickiel

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mickiel

Post all you wish. you have not broken any rule here at FG

You've been a member for years .

Religion is your interest then enjoy.

Other members here create thread after thread after thread and another thread.

That's a monopoly.

You've done nothing wrong -

Patsy
fuzzywuzzy

Ban Mickiel

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't believe in banning people because of the quantity of posts . As long as they are not breaking any rules .......but in saying that My friend was quite shocked one day when I opened up "todays posts " and thought I was on a religious forum. My responce was "the lunitics are taking over the asylum". So maybe that answers the problem .
Bruv

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bruv »

I have to respond to this as I have most recently been 'conversing' with our Micky.

I shall not be visiting any of his threads again, not because I disagree with him or because he annoys me...............he just frustrates me, but thats MY problem not his.

Seems like a nice guy with a mission, I just don't share his point of view.

Can't see how management can realistically keep his contributions from 'flooding', we are all adults, we can choose not to view them if we really don't like what he has to say.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tabby

Ban Mickiel

Post by tabby »

I don't think Mickiel should be banned.

I put his religious threads and some people's political rants in the same category of being too repetitious and angst ridden to spend much time reading them. Same story, different day. People lose their audience that way. However, the posts are there for anyone who is interested in simply reading or responding.

I don't like the idea of banning a member when he really hasn't done anything wrong. Why are people so reluctant to use the ignore feature?
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

I seem to remember this same issue coming up with Jones Jones flooding the forum with new threads and management DID say something to him. This is the same situation.

Most of us aren't advocating for him to be banned but a little self control would sincerely be appreciated. I don't read his threads either, in fact I ignore his threads but you can't help but see them plastered all over the damn forum. Can't he have his own little corner where he can mentally masturbate out of sight?
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Patsy Warnick;1434617 wrote: Mickiel

Post all you wish. you have not broken any rule here at FG

You've been a member for years .

Religion is your interest then enjoy.

Other members here create thread after thread after thread and another thread.

That's a monopoly.

You've done nothing wrong -

Well thank you; I think when Anne started this insulting thread, she was hoping for a white wash of some type, thinking that everyone here feels exactly as she does. That's what some people do when they want to silence you, they go and try to garner support for their wishes. This ugly thing swelled to a head over selfishness, and I think a sure sign of maturity is knowing that you cannot always get your way. I wonder what this site would be like, if the members could lynch anyone they wanted to.

I understand my views are the minority here, but I post mainly 99% of the time in the religious section, although I am not religious, but I understand that I believe in God, so I stay in that section. I don't have agreement with Atheist, nor do the Christians here agree with me, so I basically walk alone in my views. I am accoustomed to being " Ganged up on" and don't mind that; I can handle that; but consider how insulting it would be for a member to come to a section that you normally stay in, start a thread demanding that you be banned, and then act as if they are taking a poll to garner support for their wishes. She even goes as far as to literally threaten the site and claims she will not post again until they get " Rid of Me.:" Stunning in its appilication, she really has it out for me. Now I could see if I was some type of blatant rule breaker, spamming the globe of Forumgarden, but I am not. But she wants others to think that of me because she does. We are then left with a choice, when a person does that to you, what do you do? Ignore them, or defend yourself. I choose to defend; I may not escape this type of witch hunt, she may get what she wants, but this time I choose to defend such character asasination. You know they cursed at me, called me names, insulted my dead parents, I did not return those insults, I first ignored them, but yet amazingly they think I should be banned. And other posters who agree with her, join in with their insults, as if that is acceptable decor.

I think its sad in its root implications.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”