Ban Mickiel

Snowfire

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snowfire »

gmc;1445240 wrote: I think it's the fascination we all feel for the absurd, the sense of disbelief and wonder that anyone can be daft enough to take nonsense seriously.

and on the eighth day god looked at what he had made and realised that with reason and compassion man would live together in harmony with one another and that would be pretty boring so he created religion and removed the ability to reason from some so that man would never know peace and tranquility for some idiot would always bring out the great sword of faith and create havoc wherever tolerance and understanding raised it's head for verily the lord god has a wicked sense of humour and only the truly chosen would ever be able to appreciate the irony of the destruction done in his name and they would not believe in him - irony piled on irony - for life is a joke and we do not know the punchline.

Haha Very good ! Are those your own words ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

If McHale's so widely read, he should start his own blog and make some money from the hundreds of thousand clicks he would get every day.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1445240 wrote: I think it's the fascination we all feel for the absurd, the sense of disbelief and wonder that anyone can be daft enough to take nonsense seriously.

and on the eighth day god looked at what he had made and realised that with reason and compassion man would live together in harmony with one another and that would be pretty boring so he created religion and removed the ability to reason from some so that man would never know peace and tranquility for some idiot would always bring out the great sword of faith and create havoc wherever tolerance and understanding raised it's head for verily the lord god has a wicked sense of humour and only the truly chosen would ever be able to appreciate the irony of the destruction done in his name and they would not believe in him - irony piled on irony - for life is a joke and we do not know the punchline.

Whatever it is; I have you also.

You are amoung the interested.

How ironic.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snooz;1445261 wrote: If McHale's so widely read, he should start his own blog and make some money from the hundreds of thousand clicks he would get every day.

I would rather stand against the Atheist doctrines on message boards, and that I do free.

Absolutely no charge; its my pleasure.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1445219 wrote: I often wonder the same when I hear how many people listen to Rush Limbaugh

Rush gets paid for doing it; me,

I do it for nothing!

Just so that those who oppose will know there is a way other than theirs.

And I like doing it; and a lot of people like listening to it.

What's it feel like to know they like listening?
gmc

Ban Mickiel

Post by gmc »

Snowfire;1445244 wrote: Haha Very good ! Are those your own words ?

Of course, anyone can make up nonsense.

posted by mickiel

I would rather stand against the Atheist doctrines on message boards, and that I do free.

Absolutely no charge; its my pleasure.

What doctrine? there is no such thing as atheist doctrine I suspect you just like to believe there is cos then you ca kid yourself it's just another religion. The only thing one atheist has in common with another is they do not believe there is a god or gods.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1445291 wrote: Of course, anyone can make up nonsense.

posted by mickiel

What doctrine? there is no such thing as atheist doctrine I suspect you just like to believe there is cos then you ca kid yourself it's just another religion. The only thing one atheist has in common with another is they do not believe there is a god or gods.

Atheism is a religion, it is a doctrine, it is a way of life, it is a belief, it is a way of thinking, it is NOT just not believing in gods. You are trying to limit what has no limitations.

Atheism is wide open, and it is the flip side of religion. The other side of the same coin.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

GTG, grow thread grow!

My gift to you. So that you will know, that I am one of the main ingredients of that growth!
G#Gill

Ban Mickiel

Post by G#Gill »

Mickiel please clear off ! Find another forum to talk to yourself on.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1445325 wrote: Mickiel please clear off ! Find another forum to talk to yourself on.

That's bang out of order... sorry Gill... but you are being a steaming hypocrite.

In your thread, you were complaining about being bullied off this forum and and the nastiness that once prevailed and now you're joining In the gang mentality again.

This thread Is no excuse for anyone to come In and have a pop at him.

I love you dearly Mrs... so cut It out.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

G#Gill;1445325 wrote: Mickiel please clear off ! Find another forum to talk to yourself on.

I will not. I have been accused of pushing people off; not talking to them; I want to talk to you and others;

don't be afraid, I am not going to hurt you.

Don't brush me off, you may be accused of not wanting to discuss things;

you would not want that; now would you.
G#Gill

Ban Mickiel

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1445326 wrote: That's bang out of order... sorry Gill... but you are being a steaming hypocrite.

In your thread, you were complaining about being bullied off this forum and and the nastiness that once prevailed and now you're joining In the gang mentality again.

This thread Is no excuse for anyone to come In and have a pop at him.

I love you dearly Mrs... so cut It out.

I asked in a perfectly polite way. No way was that bullying. Why are you trying to pick a fight with me? If this is how you are when you 'love me dearly' I would hate to be on the receiving end of your anger ! Oh and I am not a hypocrite, steaming or otherwise. I have tried to add threads as has been suggested, but with a server which is bloody crap, I am not able to get online very often, so probably I would be better off elsewhere and doing something entirely different. Thank you for reading my post.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

G#Gill;1445331 wrote: I asked in a perfectly polite way. No way was that bullying. Why are you trying to pick a fight with me? If this is how you are when you 'love me dearly' I would hate to be on the receiving end of your anger ! Oh and I am not a hypocrite, steaming or otherwise. I have tried to add threads as has been suggested, but with a server which is bloody crap, I am not able to get online very often, so probably I would be better off elsewhere and doing something entirely different. Thank you for reading my post. Now you're being defensive... You know me... I speak my mind.

You haven't been on FG for over a year and one of the first threads you post Is complaining about his religous threads while most of us have got along with Mikiel and his threads In your absence.

Put It this way... How would you feel If Mikiel had been absent from the forum for over a year and then within 5 minutes of returning, was telling you to take a hike?

Bryn has already ruled that Mikiel Is not going to be banned and most have posted they have no wish to see him banned... I just don't see the point of you adding to the witch hunt here. If I were him, I'd feel extremely bullied right now.

The gang mentality Is slowly creeping back Into this forum and I don't want to see that again. That's all... I am sorry you are offended.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

Mickiel;1445316 wrote: GTG, grow thread grow!

My gift to you. So that you will know, that I am one of the main ingredients of that growth!

Long threads filled with insipid posts does not a gift make.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Snooz;1445337 wrote: Long threads filled with insipid posts does not a gift make. Sorry about that
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

G#Gill;1445331 wrote: I asked in a perfectly polite way. No way was that bullying. Why are you trying to pick a fight with me? If this is how you are when you 'love me dearly' I would hate to be on the receiving end of your anger ! Oh and I am not a hypocrite, steaming or otherwise. I have tried to add threads as has been suggested, but with a server which is bloody crap, I am not able to get online very often, so probably I would be better off elsewhere and doing something entirely different. Thank you for reading my post.

I would hope you do stay on Gill. In the short time I've known you I've come to admire you greatly. Growing old disgracefully is a fabulous idea & I could learn much from you. i.e. how do you score so high in mahjong?
gmc

Ban Mickiel

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1445309 wrote: Atheism is a religion, it is a doctrine, it is a way of life, it is a belief, it is a way of thinking, it is NOT just not believing in gods. You are trying to limit what has no limitations.

Atheism is wide open, and it is the flip side of religion. The other side of the same coin.

doc·trine (dktrn)

n.

1. A principle or body of principles presented for acceptance or belief, as by a religious, political, scientific, or philosophic group; dogma.

OK I'll bite. What is this atheist doctrine you think we all believe in. What exactly is this way of life you think we all adhere to.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

IMO, people who whine & make accusations of "bullying" are themselves bullies as they seek to manipulate conversations away from their goals.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1445341 wrote: IMO, people who whine & make accusations of "bullying" are themselves bullies as they seek to manipulate conversations away from their goals.

I totally agree with you... most real forum bullies set off by claiming they are being bullied then go on to troll and bully others. They think they dupe members Into believing they are some shrinking violet and divert them away from what they are doing...

But here, I believe that this thread should have remained at your question of weather Mikiel took up too much of the front page with religous threads and It's that which should be debated.... not an excuse for anyone to join In and personally attack him.

That's when a legitimate concern and debate turns Into a witch hunt.
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

Burn the witch! Burn him with fire!!
Snowfire

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snowfire »

He turned me into a newt
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Snowfire;1445358 wrote: He turned me into a newt P.issed as
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snowfire;1445358 wrote: He turned me into a newt

Newt Gingrich?
Bruv

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bruv »

Snooz;1445354 wrote: Burn the witch! Burn him with fire!!

Of course we could always crucify him..............but he might like that.

Best ignore.......I shall try my best.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1445340 wrote: OK I'll bite. What is this atheist doctrine you think we all believe in. What exactly is this way of life you think we all adhere to.

The Atheist doctrine is a non belief in gods, it is a desire to replace Theism; it is an attack on Theism; it is a desire to take over anything that Theism rules; it is a desire to replace all things spiritual with science; it is a desire to erase anything about God or Christ from human history; on this site it is a desire to rule;

It is a desire to grow and swell its small ranks; it is a secret desire to gain individual rights that groups benefit from.

And it is much more.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snooz;1445337 wrote: Long threads filled with insipid posts does not a gift make.

It shall be my gift anyhow; GTG, grow thread grow.

you just watch it keep growing.

Remember this.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Mickiel;1445389 wrote: The Atheist doctrine is a non belief in gods, it is a desire to replace Theism; it is an attack on Theism; it is a desire to take over anything that Theism rules; it is a desire to replace all things spiritual with science; it is a desire to erase anything about God or Christ from human history; on this site it is a desire to rule;

It is a desire to grow and swell its small ranks; it is a secret desire to gain individual rights that groups benefit from.

And it is much more.

Given that Theism is not a unified belief by you definition Atheism cannot be a unified doctrine. Neither is it a desire to replace all things spiritual with science - a lack of belief in God does not imply a belief in science.

It is the nature of the human mind to seek understanding. If a person cannot understand a situation there are three possible responses, accepting an outside explanation on faith, rejecting all explanations that do not fully explain the situation or expressing doubt about the situation. To my mind the first two (Theism and Atheism) are both irrational and the only sane response is the third, Agnosticism.
LarsMac

Ban Mickiel

Post by LarsMac »

Mickiel;1445390 wrote: It shall be my gift anyhow; GTG, grow thread grow.

you just watch it keep growing.

Remember this.

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bryn Mawr;1445394 wrote: Given that Theism is not a unified belief by you definition Atheism cannot be a unified doctrine. Neither is it a desire to replace all things spiritual with science - a lack of belief in God does not imply a belief in science.

It is the nature of the human mind to seek understanding. If a person cannot understand a situation there are three possible responses, accepting an outside explanation on faith, rejecting all explanations that do not fully explain the situation or expressing doubt about the situation. To my mind the first two (Theism and Atheism) are both irrational and the only sane response is the third, Agnosticism.

Books and definitions do not define Atheism, Atheist do; with their behavior, their views, their everyday postings and everyday concerns; that is where I got my stats on Atheism; from Atheist themselves.

The consciousness of an Atheist defines Atheism.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1445402 wrote:

I have enough friends and hold no interest in winning any more.

Friendship is a surprise; and its best left as such; I am pleasantly surprised when I gain one.
Hope6

Ban Mickiel

Post by Hope6 »

Awww Anne, I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. I know sometimes we can get really irritated at people and just wish they'd go away. Being a religious person myself, I have always said that if you come on to strong all you do is drive people away. But I have never agreed with doing a lot of posting on your own thread to keep it up front. I do like to respond to each person who posts on my threads, so they will feel like I have acknowledged that they were there. :)
Týr

Ban Mickiel

Post by Týr »

I've had a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People since - I forget, but I was a lot younger when I acquired my copy. I suspect I was given it as a last-ditch attempt to socialize me. It made all the difference.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
YZGI

Ban Mickiel

Post by YZGI »

Týr;1445452 wrote: I've had a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People since - I forget, but I was a lot younger when I acquired my copy. I suspect I was given it as a last-ditch attempt to socialize me. It made all the difference.

Did it ever cross your mind to read it?
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1445405 wrote: Books and definitions do not define Atheism, Atheist do; with their behavior, their views, their everyday postings and everyday concerns; that is where I got my stats on Atheism; from Atheist themselves.

The consciousness of an Atheist defines Atheism.

Atheism is a " spirit in Atheist", which influences every dynamic included in being an Atheist; and its NOT just not believing in gods. Its a consciousness that effects EVERY area of an Atheist life. Its a way of being; of thinking; its a method of seeing things and a pattern of evaluation; which includes excluding gods from the situations, and replacing those things with scientific reasoning; nature; natural phenom; facts and logic.

Atheism is a stand against Theism; now Theism is NOT just belief in Gods, it too is A Spirit in man which influences the consciousness;

The Theist is blined to Atheism, and the Atheist is blind to Theism. And in my view, they are really the same dynamic, just oppisite sides of the same human experience. The duality is obvious; they are soulmates; yen and yang to the core.
LarsMac

Ban Mickiel

Post by LarsMac »

Týr;1445452 wrote: I've had a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People since - I forget, but I was a lot younger when I acquired my copy. I suspect I was given it as a last-ditch attempt to socialize me. It made all the difference.

I was given a copy many years back. It was in the middle of college, and I had just completed third semester Psychology class. I read the book, analyzing the guy from my new-found perspective on psychology. IT kind of deflated the intended effect.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

And this is why the thought of banning me has its attraction; I stand in the way of total Atheist dominance in the religious section; something many Atheist sub consciously and consciously desire to obtain. Its their public expression of an inner war; dominate and grow in numbers. And to " convert" as many as they can. Just like Theist, they want converts; they want to ' wake people up', just the exact thing which Theist are doing ( yet not all Theist are trying to convert others, which the exact same thing can be said about Atheist, not all of them try that either).

We are witnessing the same conscious mind of humanity express its two sides of the same coin.

One side wants to ban the other; or excise them.

A type of ' premeditated murder"; and that inward desire is the cause of most wars; get rid of the other, or get rid of something about the other that you don't like; Cain and Abel; yen and yang; Atheist and Theist.

Ban Mickiel, or kill Abel. Get rid of it.

So that you can live.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

And there are spirits behind these human desires; hidden and deceptive; powerful and angry; good and evil combining in a nuclear mix; mix the yen with the yang and give birth to something explosive; mix "the " with the" ist" and create an Atheist. Mix the past with the present and create the future. Mix the up with the down and create an entirely new direction.

This is being lobbed at humanity like an incoming missle.
gmc

Ban Mickiel

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1445389 wrote: The Atheist doctrine is a non belief in gods, it is a desire to replace Theism; it is an attack on Theism; it is a desire to take over anything that Theism rules; it is a desire to replace all things spiritual with science; it is a desire to erase anything about God or Christ from human history; on this site it is a desire to rule;

And it is much more.

As I thought you really don;t know anything it.

came across this, maybe you will find the discussions interesting - you can even join in should you wish to do so. I can't be bothered trying to reason with ylu any more.

The Atheist Experience TV Show
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1445524 wrote: As I thought you really don;t know anything it.

came across this, maybe you will find the discussions interesting - you can even join in should you wish to do so. I can't be bothered trying to reason with ylu any more.

The Atheist Experience TV Show

Oh don't stop talking to me, your Atheist brothers will accuse you of not wanting to discuss things and running off; that is how they have been treating me and accusing me.

You don't want to be treated like me do you?
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Gtg!!
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

This thread bears my name; it has to grow!

GTG!

Return to “General Religious Discussions”