Where are you holidaying this year?

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
mimiki

Post by mimiki »

i saw that jetstar asia a budget carrier is offering cheap fairs around asia. So i think my plans will be based on their flights!
jana fraser

Post by jana fraser »

We drove out east with my daughters in June. Not much longer and they won't want to travel with us so took advantage of it. Did not make it as far as New Foundland. Next time! We went on a backpacking trip in July and I probably still have the scars from the mosquitoes from that one. I could play connect the dots. I'd like to go somewhere in the winter but car repairs, home improvement and trying to put a few $$ aside , I don't think I'll make it. I have a few tropical plants in the house. Ill dress up hawaiian style, play some Don Ho music, dip my toes in sand (not the kitty litter!) , pour myself a Hawaiian Rum Punch and close my eyes imagining I am somewhere tropical.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

jana fraser wrote: Ill dress up hawaiian style, play some Don Ho music, dip my toes in sand (not the kitty litter!), pour myself a Hawaiian Rum Punch and close my eyes imagining I am somewhere tropical.

Sounds good!

Make sure you put a lotta rum in your punch ;)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

jana fraser

Post by jana fraser »

CHer ) I shall make sure the rum is plentiful, the Don Ho is playing on repeat for when my legs stop working, and when I fall off the chair I don't land in the bucket of sand but on the carpet!
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

. . . with a big smile on your face :p
Live Life with

PASSION

ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

This year no holidays, i had to stay at home.

But i would like to tell you about my first holiday outside Italy.

Be aware: i'm speaking of roughly 30 years ago, not so many young people could afford such travels abroad (money, first problem, language the second).

So, after one year of Oxford Institute evening class, 2 friends of mine and I went to England, London.

When on the airplane, a small one, kept togheter with adhesive tape, we look each other and thought: is this airplane goin to London? It is not like a train, or a bus, no stop to change...:confused:

We arrived at destination: at the customs, a big scary man asked us something which sound more or less: ale ohmale ..

again we look each other and start thinking we were NOT in London... I though: is this man asking me if i am a woman? not possible, he can see himself...

After the 3rd request, we understood that yes, that was the question: male of female?

We found our Hotel (green floor-cover everywhere, floor, walls, dishes..no, dishes not,..) and I reach my bedroom.

Well, "bedroom" is a big word.

My dog's doghouse is more confortable than that bedroom of 2 x 3...Doesn't matter. I just had to sleep there.

The day after we walked and walked and walked ... and we could not find our way to the hotel (the map remained at the hotel)

Great! the famous londonese taxi! Oh yes, please.

A big black taxi carried us at the hotel . In one minute. Not for say: just one minute. It was perhaps round the corner.

(I supphose the taxi driver is still laughing...)

And again it take us half a day to reach the famous "portobello's" ...

but it was a great, great experience.

I loved so much those days..
haggis

Post by haggis »

:-6 Flying off to Benidorm in Spain on the 1st 0ctober for 8 days I can't wait. Went to Majorca for my birthday in april but it is my friend's now and she has chosen to go here. Looking forward to some sun sea sand and sangria:D
Katy1

Post by Katy1 »

redman wrote: We are a bit restricted as I have a 93year old Ma-in law who we take with us and a 12year old min shznauzer dog,so we shall have to stay in little old England.

We are going to stay in a bugalow overlooking the sea,just outside Bournemouth

its a lovely area what with the New Forest as well.

The wife and I used to go to Barbados or Italy but shall have to wait for circumstances to change before we get on that band wagon again,

anyway, where are all you peeps going?

Holidaying? HOLIDAYING? What's that?:wah:

The nearest we'll get to a holiday is going to our local park and pretending we can hear the sea lol. Maybe I'll take a paddling pool, and a bag of sand to throw in my sandwiches.....

Katy:(
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

I've got a few future vacations already planned.

November is Florida.

Last week of February is The Bahamas.

May is Aruba.

I'm very happy :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

haggis

Post by haggis »

cherandbuster wrote: I've got a few future vacations already planned.

November is Florida.

Last week of February is The Bahamas.

May is Aruba.

I'm very happy :-6
Sounds wonderful Aruba sounds very exotic I'll just have to settle for Spain which I love anyway 8 days to go:yh_dance :yh_dance :yh_dance
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

haggis wrote: Sounds wonderful Aruba sounds very exotic I'll just have to settle for Spain which I love anyway 8 days to go:yh_dance :yh_dance :yh_dance

Oh that's great!

I hope your holiday is splendid :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

haggis

Post by haggis »

cherandbuster wrote: Oh that's great!

I hope your holiday is splendid :guitarist
As long as the sun is shining I'll be happy :-6
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

haggis wrote: As long as the sun is shining I'll be happy :-6

I hear you on that one :-6 :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

We go to Hawaii every November - this year it's Oct. 30th - Nov. 14th. We meet up with the same people we met @ 5years ago from Canada and Europe. Alot of fun and a great group of friends. It started as a Christmas present to eachother.

Patsy
Red

Post by Red »

weve booked a cottage in sandsend, just outside of whitby. Its a gorge little picture postcard village with a beautiful little beach and we love it, im a beach bunny anyway so im happy anywhere as long as there's a beach! plus whitby's only 5mins away and full of SHOPS!! whoohoo! :D weve stayed there a few times and always had a good time, last year was LL's first holiday and she didnt like the sand in her toes but hopefully this year she will be more chilled
Red

Post by Red »

Kathy Ellen;553210 wrote: Yeehaaa....just bought a new car:driving: I'm going to Siesta Key in Florida for 10 days in April. I just can't wait for the sun and fun. Luckily, I'm taking a car service to the airport since I have to be there by 6:00 A.M. Also, don't want to drive my new car and leave it in a lot.

Love Siesta Key...lots of fun. The beach is one block away and the fun town is a block away. You just park your car and walk everywhere. There are fabulous restaurants, pubs, clubs, shopping, everything. I just want the beach, book, Italian restaurant and Irish pub and I'm happy.

Kathy Ellen:-6

can i come kathy??? :D <----im very cheery
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Im in the beginning stages of planning an exotic trip somewhere. I dont know where yet but it has to be fantastic. Ill need time to research the history and learn some language so it wont happen tomorrow. The trip will be perhaps the highlite of my life so it has to be a very interesting culture. Something very different from my own. While I do want to see Europe it might be a little too similar for what Im looking for.

Im open to ideas.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Red

Post by Red »

Kathy Ellen;553488 wrote: Hello Red,

Nice to meet you. By all means come along....the more the merrier. I just love this area of Florida. Maybe one day I'll retire there. You don't have to leave the area at all if you don't want to. It has everything!!!! Can't wait for April for some fun and sun.

Kathy Ellen:guitarist

nice to meet you kathy, so do i need to pack sunscreen? :rolleyes:
Red

Post by Red »

Nomad;553492 wrote: Im in the beginning stages of planning an exotic trip somewhere. I dont know where yet but it has to be fantastic. Ill need time to research the history and learn some language so it wont happen tomorrow. The trip will be perhaps the highlite of my life so it has to be a very interesting culture. Something very different from my own. While I do want to see Europe it might be a little too similar for what Im looking for.

Im open to ideas.

sounds like your really researching this nomad, any ideas yourself where you fancy?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

There are a few that are keeping my mind excited.

Italy for the rich cultural history and very Godly art.

Greece again for the unparalleled world history and the scenic beauty.

Thailand

China

Japan
I AM AWESOME MAN
Red

Post by Red »

Nomad;553500 wrote: There are a few that are keeping my mind excited.

Italy for the rich cultural history and very Godly art.

Greece again for the unparalleled world history and the scenic beauty.

Thailand

China

Japan

hmm i see no durham, north east of england in your list :thinking: we have much scenic beauty to you know AND a cathedral :p
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Red;553502 wrote: hmm i see no durham, north east of england in your list :thinking: we have much scenic beauty to you know AND a cathedral :p

Dont get me wrong, if I had total freedom to travel at leisure Id love to see England and the Emerald Isle, Scotland (Id bring my own lunch) Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Spain....the list is endless. I will admit Im enamored with the seductive and alluring voice of English girls.:-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

Nomad;553492 wrote:

Im open to ideas.

Texas?? :yh_bigsmi
Red

Post by Red »

Nomad;553522 wrote: Dont get me wrong, if I had total freedom to travel at leisure Id love to see England and the Emerald Isle, Scotland (Id bring my own lunch) Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Spain....the list is endless. I will admit Im enamored with the seductive and alluring voice of English girls.:-4

well you obviously havent heard my voice then nomad :wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

sunny104;554420 wrote: Texas?? :yh_bigsmi

Sunshine ! :-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
Loz

Post by Loz »

I am off to Spain for a week in June I can't wait :-6
Musiclover89

Post by Musiclover89 »

I'm off to London on the 30th of March for 4 days and then i'm heading down their again in August :guitarist
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
foofoo stripper

Post by foofoo stripper »

I just got back a month ago from St. Croix. this was the vacation rental me and my friend had.

Attached files

Return to “Travel Vacation”