The FG Travelling T Shirt - Aussie Caper

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Not to mention coffee!! He's really taken to the trats, sidewalk cafes, terrasses...

Here, you see him in the company of a selection of ladies from the aquarobics class. Thanks to all of them for being good sports!!! (Well they're all Aussies after all)

And yep... before you go on next week to mrsK, Effigy, you shall visit a Sydney pub, I promise.

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Great pics Pam :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Pam:-4

This is undoubtedly the best holiday that Effigy has ever had. I cannot even imagine how miserable he would have been if he had to stay in Noo Joisey with our miserable, cold, snowy and nasty weather:mad:

Oh, I love all of your pictures so much Pam. Geeze, you have such a beautiful country with such warm people. I would fit in so nicely in Oz and just love everything about your country.

You've touched my heart, once again, Pam:-4 Thank you so much for taking our Effigy on a wonderful, fun-filled holiday.

You are always the best Pam....truly you are;)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

You're very sweet, Kathy. And I need that today.. We took Effigy to the pub yesterday afternoon, it being Friday. And I told Romy Effigy would be moving on shortly. She had hoped he'd come down the south coast with us at the end of next week so he could be photographed with wombats and kangaroos and other Aussie critters, but maybe that's hogging him too long. ???????????

I have more pics. Will post some later.

PS

MrsK and I have just talked timings. And it suits us both if Effigy remains with me for a little bit longer. Hope that's okay with you too, Kathy.

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

AussiePam;1280476 wrote: You're very sweet, Kathy. And I need that today.. We took Effigy to the pub yesterday afternoon, it being Friday. And I told Romy Effigy would be moving on shortly. She had hoped he'd come down the south coast with us at the end of next week so he could be photographed with wombats and kangaroos and other Aussie critters, but maybe that's hogging him too long. ???????????

I have more pics. Will post some later.

Ooooh la la... Effigy could be in for some holiday romance here! No one could deny him that could they? :D

Great tour you're taking him on over there Pam, he's a lucky chappy for sure.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

OMG Pam, I would love if you kept Effigy as long as you wish.......Honestly, please do. I'd love for him to have a wonderful, wonderful Oz holiday before venturing on to parts unknown.

WOW, what a wonderful idea to visit the south of Oz. It's so exciting to know that Effigy will be visiting wombats and kangaroos and other Aussie critters with Romy and Pam....

Woohoooo.....Now that's a plan:-4

You guys are the best:-6
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Kathy, Betty B, Kayleneaussie... Man it's a hot one.

Not a big surf running, but Effigy had fun at Manly Beach.

Attached files

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

And of course no visit to an Aussie beach would be complete without greeting the fantastic blokes who work hard to keep us all safe!!!

Attached files

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Here's some more Manly. Stormy day.

Attached files

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Originally Posted by Nomad

Can you find one of them that owns a blow dart and is willing to hunt a kangaroo wearing the shirt?

qsducks;1278390 wrote: lol:yh_rotfl...btw, happy new yrs nomie

Pam's Aborigine guys look a little lame. They don't look like they could blow a dart much less chase a kangaroo.
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Nomad;1280613 wrote: Originally Posted by Nomad

Can you find one of them that owns a blow dart and is willing to hunt a kangaroo wearing the shirt?

Pam's Aborigine guys look a little lame. They don't look like they could blow a dart much less chase a kangaroo.

I suspect you are quite correct there, Nomad. These Aboriginal Australians are entertainers who make their living giving tourists what they expect. They loved the idea of the travelling t shirt and were good sports. Less urban Aborigines might be offended by your comment which I guess is not intended to be respectful of their culture. MrsK has some Aboriginal friends who might agree to be photographed with the t shirt, but I should think it will be on their terms.

Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1280234 wrote: Not to mention coffee!! He's really taken to the trats, sidewalk cafes, terrasses...

Here, you see him in the company of a selection of ladies from the aquarobics class. Thanks to all of them for being good sports!!! (Well they're all Aussies after all)

And yep... before you go on next week to mrsK, Effigy, you shall visit a Sydney pub, I promise.

Your idea of taking pictures to post is just wonderful!

these pics are beautiful Pam!:)
Life is just to short for drama.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

So anyway, a Travelling Tee Shirt can't visit Australia without hitting at least one pub. And it was a hot evening and there we all were out in the courtyard garden under the gigantic old oak tree that give the famous and fabulous hostelry, The Oaks, Neutral Bay, Sydney it's name. A kind fellow drinker agreed to hold Effigy.

The Oaks Hotel

Attached files

Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1282055 wrote: So anyway, a Travelling Tee Shirt can't visit Australia without hitting at least one pub. And it was a hot evening and there we all were out in the courtyard garden under the gigantic old oak tree that give the famous and fabulous hostelry, The Oaks, Neutral Bay, Sydney it's name. A kind fellow drinker agreed to hold Effigy.

The Oaks Hotel

beautiful!:-6

its so nice to see patio/umbrellas again!
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AussiePam;1282055 wrote: So anyway, a Travelling Tee Shirt can't visit Australia without hitting at least one pub. And it was a hot evening and there we all were out in the courtyard garden under the gigantic old oak tree that give the famous and fabulous hostelry, The Oaks, Neutral Bay, Sydney it's name. A kind fellow drinker agreed to hold Effigy.

The Oaks Hotel

Was he *that* banjaxed that he couldn't stand on his own - I hope the poor chap didn't let us down and disgrace himself?

Magnificent job, thank you :-6
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Aussie beer is quite strong, Bryn!!

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1280233 wrote: Goddess: Sheesh!! Next you'll be wanting to go to an Aussie pub? Sigh... Anyway, you did get to the new hand made chockie shop.

Kathy - Effigy insisted, and it was bloody hard to get him out again. I think he may be addicted to chocolate.... sorry.

Oh Pam...I love your new chockie shop. Effigy is addicted to chocolate, isn't he....Geeze, who wouldn't be:wah:

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Pam,

I love, love, love your pictures of Manly Beach and the wonderful Oak Hotel.

AND, what a lovely, fellow drinker you have ther to give our Effigy a hug and show him off:D:p:-6

I wanna come to Oz now and join you and Effigy on Manly beach and at the Oak Hotel....WOWOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Geeze Pam, You're showing Effigy such a great time, he'll never want to return home:wah:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Kathy!!!! It's great to see you!!! And I would love to take you to the Oaks, and to Manly etc etc. Just a short plane ride away. Pack your bags!!!!

Effigy, I'm sorry to say, has met the green fairy - and is still flying around painting swirling starry starry skies and sunflowers and threatening to chop of his ear.. (last seen he didn't have ears.. but he's been asking friends, romans and countrymen to lend him some... oops that was the Veni vidi vici thread... ) Anyway - absinthe has a lot to answer for.. though it may make the heart grow fonder.

hic

Attached files

Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1282563 wrote: G'day Kathy!!!! It's great to see you!!! And I would love to take you to the Oaks, and to Manly etc etc. Just a short plane ride away. Pack your bags!!!!

Effigy, I'm sorry to say, has met the green fairy - and is still flying around painting swirling starry starry skies and sunflowers and threatening to chop of his ear.. (last seen he didn't have ears.. but he's been asking friends, romans and countrymen to lend him some... oops that was the Veni vidi vici thread... ) Anyway - absinthe has a lot to answer for.. though it may make the heart grow fonder.

hic

stunning pic!~
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

For the last part of the Forum Garden travelling tee shirt's Sydney caper, he visited the New South Wales south coast. Here he got up close and personal with some Aussie fauna, and a few ring ins too.

Kookaburra, frogmouth, I think the next pic is an ostrich rather than an emu, but I can't tell the difference. The deer in a ring in..The koala was actually awake. The lizards are shinglebacks, I think.

Attached files

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Here's a few more:

The birds are rainbow lorikeets. And the snake (a local variety that loves to climb trees) is a diamond python.

Attached files

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

OOps I forgot the wombat!! The wombat comes with a story. Her name is Lucy, and she's very young. Her mum got squished on the road and she was rescued from her mum's pouch. She really just eats and sleeps. Often the older wombats frisk merrily, and have been kniown to eat my shoe laces. Then they reach puberty and get really aggressive. Round this stage they are isolated from human contact, and re-released into the wild.

Attached files

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Well that's it folks!

Thank you again, Kathy, for making this adventure possible. The FG Travelling tee shirt has now headed inland and outback - to mrsK!!! And I hope she has as much fun as my family and I did.

kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

wow great pics Pam :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Thanks, Kaylene. We had a ball. The wildlife place we visited is wonderfully informal and hands on. Many of the animals have been rescued. There is an eagle which was injured and can no longer fly. It would die in the wild, and won't be released. Most of the animals however, do mend, and are freed. In particular wombats are short term stayers. Birds just fly in and out at will. There are cockatoos and galahs and the lorikeets of course. The ranger there has her eye also on a wild goshawk who thinks the park is its own larder!

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you Pam, for a wonderful thread ! :-6 I expect Kathy thinks that this T-shirt was well worth the money spent in buying it ! Now we just have to hope that future recipients carry on the good work, and I certainly look forward to more gorgeous pictures.................................... brilliant ! Good on ye Pam ! :D ;)

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AussiePam;1285999 wrote: Well that's it folks!

Thank you again, Kathy, for making this adventure possible. The FG Travelling tee shirt has now headed inland and outback - to mrsK!!! And I hope she has as much fun as my family and I did.

And thank you for treating him to such a delightful tour of NSW :-6
minks

Post by minks »

Bravo AP the Canterbury Tales of the FG T.

Bravo dear girl, please everybody lets make it a challenge to continue on this note and make this one a truly grand adventure of a great Tshirt. Love it love it love it.

Whenever however whomever.... I would like to be on the list again... to take the T around my area.

"Keep the FGT alive"
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh my friend Pam:-6

I can not thank you enough for all of your beautiful pictures. I love all of the animals....especially the Wombat....Wow....how precious to see your beautiful daughter holding him. He looks so peaceful in her arms. R looks wonderful.....

You are indeed a brave woman Pam putting that snake around your neck. Love your picture;)

I love the wombat and found out so much info about him...That's absoutely amazing that her pouch is in the back of her body instead of the front...

Wombat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ohhhhh, I would love to go to your wildlife place....It is just fabulous:-6

I loved looking at the beautiful pics of the kookaburra, frogmouth :wah:, lizards, ostrich, koalas, kangaroos, parrots....and all the animals...

Once again Pam....You have a gorgeous country there and one day when I retire I will visit you, Kaylene and Mrs. K...:p:-4

Thank you so much Pam for all that you've done for Effigy...even giving him a name:D You're always, always, always the best.

I love, love, love all your pics and adventerous;)

I can't wait to see pics of Mrs. K's beautiful area....the outback...how exciting:guitarist

The shirt will definitely be passed onto you Minks;) I'm so happy that you want to take it on a tour....Thank you.
minks

Post by minks »

aw shucks thanks KE, I sure hope I am not a jinks for the tshirts, I have seen 2 already but assure you I have done my part to pass them on, I had the privledge of taking Buttercups original one around the town.... back in the day and then the orange one and hope to try this one next.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

My first addition to the travels.

Thought I would get very patriotic & do a pic with our flag.

I hope to go driving tomorrow & get a lot of pics for you.

If it rains I will have to wait as I want to climb a few things to get some great shots for you:-6

Attached files
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

mrsK;1288458 wrote: My first addition to the travels.

Thought I would get very patriotic & do a pic with our flag.

I hope to go driving tomorrow & get a lot of pics for you.

If it rains I will have to wait as I want to climb a few things to get some great shots for you:-6

Oh Mrs. K:-4

I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that you posted this lovely picture of Effigy and your beautiful flag.

Thank you so much Heather for hosting Effigy. Please just take him on a little tour of your beautiful area. I can't wait to see your home, especially your garden area:-6

So happy that you have RAIN.....Hooray....
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, have fun climbing and enjoying the sunshine for us!:-6
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Good morning mrsK, Kathy, Chonsi and also to you our patriotic little Effigy!!! Awesome mrsK !!!!! Can't wait to see what that pesky teeshirt gets up to in your neck of the woods.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Good morning Pam! I think MrsK took effigy out gold mining this morning, I hope they find some nuggets!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I just saw the other thread, Chonsi!! Just imagine, The FG Travelling Tee shirt could soon be rich... RICH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I let him escape!!!

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, effigy will be a big time star now, one of the newly rich and famous. MrsK will be one of those gorgeous girls right by his side, with loads of gold jewelry from his fantastic discoveries!

I wonder if effigy has any friends over here, sure could use him to go digging us out of the snow today.................:wah:
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Yes, I've been watching your snow reports!!! Amazing. I'm currently skiing in Colorado with scores of east coasters who can't get a plane out of here back east and so are kind of stuck - away from their offices!! Here, we have snow, but it's less than previous years. After yesterday's fall though, there should be some good powder today. Keep warm. Hope you have power. DCers apparently still don't. It's very nice to be back in the US.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, enjoy the skiing. I wish I had a pair of cross country skis right now, I could cruise around the neighborhood and see what's going on.

Return to “Members' News”