Koan's notes on the OT: Book 2 - Exodus

Discuss the Christian Faith.
koan

Post by koan »

Exodus Summary

What I've learned now:

God likes to play with His food.

Moses does a lot of talking for someone who can't speak well. Kind of makes me think of how much more my mother needs to talk when she gets laryngitis... but to be fair, Moses couldn't really argue with God about it. Oh, wait, yes he did.

The people of Israel murmer a lot and, even though it keeps getting them smote, they can't seem to help it.

Once you go pagan it's hard to go back. They seem to have trouble letting go of those other gods.

God has no problem blaming the Israelites for worshipping the gods of the land he sent them to, even though He keeps forgetting to feed and water them.

God doesn't like being reminded that people need food and water.

It's better to enact a God smiting yourself than wait for Him to do it.

God looks like fire when He travels.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

koan;1340156 wrote: It's a generous offer. I fully intend to get through the whole thing though. And, if I do, then it will have been a great accomplishment. Just reading it is one thing, the work, as you're pointing out, is getting all the impressions written down. I'm eager to catch all the humour of it too so I'm trying to stop when I get tired.

I'll be pleased with the occasional comment here and there when I miss something. Even if no one was reading I'd still keep going.

Fret not, for we are reading - even unto the last line thereof.

And thanks are offered to the heavens for the writing and the humour therein.
koan

Post by koan »

Bryn Mawr;1340829 wrote: Fret not, for we are reading - even unto the last line thereof.

And thanks are offered to the heavens for the writing and the humour therein.
:yh_dance

I'm looking forward to the next character story though. All these rules are a bit of a drag.
spot

Post by spot »

koan;1340909 wrote: :yh_dance

I'm looking forward to the next character story though. All these rules are a bit of a drag.

Judges. March onward through the tribulations, you can treat Judges as the promised land of character stories.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

bumping this so it's easier to find

Return to “Christianity”