Hey Guests - dive in!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
anastrophe

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by anastrophe »

I just wanted to extend a 'hello' to the lurkers - those folks who come by, read a little or a lot, but don't post. i was a lurker myself at one time, and at least for some lurkers, i know that what holds them back is just plain shyness. opening your 'mouth' for the first time in an online arena like this can be very scary. at the same time though, it can be remarkably thrilling and invigorating!

i'm an online veteran, having first connected to the internet way back in the pleistocene era, 1986. before that, i was somewhat active in the BBS world that predated the internet (the internet was there, but it was almost exclusively used in academia, and by the military who first created it).

i don't remember the very, very first time i posted or what it was about. but i do remember that it was after having read a lot of stuff, and finally feeling i had to take part too, i wanted to speak my mind! it was a real thrill - i remember the hairs standing up on the back of my neck when someone first responded!

while some of the folks here at forumgarden have strong opinions (hmm, gee, who am i thinking of, uh, um ME!) nobody here is going to bite! new users are welcome and encouraged to speak up. certainly not everybody is going to agree with everything you have to say - but then - what a boring world it would be if we all thought exactly the same things.

so go ahead - jump in. you'll be glad you did. heck, you can start right here - post a reply to this little post right here. dip a toe in.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Bill Sikes

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Bill Sikes »

Hello? Hello?? Is there anyone there???

QUIET IN HERE, ISN'T IT.
Peg

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Peg »

Come on lurkers, get your feet wet. We don't bite unless asked nicely :p
Tombstone

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Tombstone »

I'm guilty of lurking - but not on ForumGarden! I love to read posts and news and see what others are saying.

Where else can you talk about Irish Stew recipes, look at UFO photos, share photos of your pet, and then discuss historical events?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
pattybug52

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by pattybug52 »

Heh Paul I cannot even imagine you as a lurker! Some are probably afraid to post until they see THIS site is very different than others! Some sites come unglued as nutballs as I am sure you all know and have been thru it. I never even went on line till 2001 and one fight on one web site almost did me in-takes time to learn the ropes and know who the Trolls or Troublemakers are. Everyone out there-just drop in and say HI-we won't bite-anyone attacks you we are here watching! Oh ya-Paul-is that Your real picture on there?
Paula

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Paula »

:cool:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Paula

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Paula »

Okay, you are encouraging posts, right, well; not all of us are as smart as you are so, what is said about the ones who are posting?, hooray, its okay?, well we are humans too, give me a break. :( happy halloween to you too, my favorite condiment is ketchup, so thats what I'll be, a sweet tomato?
pattybug52

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by pattybug52 »

Paula I am a little confused-what was that about?
LottomagicZ4941

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

The first website I ever searched for was UFO. And I think one of my first post here was in UFO land.

Long live UFO:)
Cass

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Cass »

Come on all you lurking guests... come talk to Cassie... :D
Tombstone

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Tombstone »

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: The first website I ever searched for was UFO. And I think one of my first post here was in UFO land.

Long live UFO:)
There are some great UFO stories here. I have a story I need to post sometime.
gmc

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by gmc »

posted by pattybugs

Paula I am a little confused-what was that about?

I think she has been taking the surrealist pills. :D
Tombstone

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Tombstone »

>>^..^ Come on all you lurking guests... come talk to Cassie... :D
How come when I think of a "lurker", I think of someone with squeeky knees?
Paula

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Paula »

gmc wrote: I think she has been taking the surrealist pills. :D

What Syndrome do you believe i have, and how do you know that?
BabyRider

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by BabyRider »

Hey all...I have been here only a few days and LOVE it. The problem, (maybe why there are so many "lurkers") is that people are having a hard time getting access. I have refferred 3 people to this forum in the past couple of days, and none has gotten the final email to finish their registration. I have dropped a PM to the "Head Gardener", is that the appropriate action?

All 3 are looking forward to joining in and taking part, but they are not able to yet. One has been waiting 2 days. Any tips?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

weeder

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by weeder »

Ive been bitten.... Ive survived. and flourished. Its ok. Its fun.. Youll grow!!!!!!!

Come on in. Sometimes Im sorry... Sometimes Im proud.... Come on.. Lets go....
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
sweetnspicy77

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by sweetnspicy77 »

Okay, heres the reason I lurk.....

My computer skills are kaput and I don't yet understand all this HMTL stuff??

I just want to be able to click on a font and a color with out all the wierd writing

happenings... Is this possible?

:confused:

-- also I'd like to be able to see " my on-line self " as other people see me.

Help is all I can say....
weeder

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by weeder »

I knew that was the reason why many were hesitant.... I am a computer moron. Ashamed to say I still dont know what HTML means. I would be very happy if someone told me. Someday Id also like to know about the beautiful art work people use.... I rely on exclamation points and capitals for enficing? because I dont know how to do anything else.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Bill Sikes

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by Bill Sikes »

sweetnspicy77 wrote: I just want to be able to click on a font and a color with out all the wierd writing happenings... Is this possible?

Unfortunately, it seems so. People use a wide variety of colours and fonts - mainly making their posts a PITA to read (and therefore less *likely* to be read)
greydeadhead

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by greydeadhead »

Here Lurkers lurkers lurkers.. . Don't be afraid.. we don't bite. Actually there are alot of intelligent, fun, witty members here.. but we just don't want the rest of the world to know...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
capt_buzzard

Hey Guests - dive in!

Post by capt_buzzard »

I could never be accused of being a Lurker...now would I :-2

Return to “General Chit Chat”