a million little pieces

Discussion of Books, Literature, Book Reviews, and more!
minks

a million little pieces

Post by minks »

By James Frey

Anyone read this.

Jr Minks had to have this book, so I got it for her for her birthday. She has read the first 35 or so pages and has explained some of it too me. It is absolutely heartbreaking.

This the biography of James Frey and his time in drug Rehab. But how he arrived was horrible. He was quite litterally.... broken. Broken legs, arms, teeth, face etc. With no recollection. I believe he is 24 years old at this point. OMG from what Jr Minks told me this sounds like quite the gut wrenching story.

Tis on the oprah book list.

I will read it after her, I just hope it isn't some book I should have approved first, mind you maybe it's shock value will be a good thing. Though Jr Minks is not a drug or alcohol user.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
valerie

a million little pieces

Post by valerie »

It's a pretty unbelievable story. But I think it's fine for her to read it.

I liked it, once I got past the parts that were really painful, and I

won't say what those were in order not to spoil it...

:thinking:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

minks

a million little pieces

Post by minks »

valerie wrote: It's a pretty unbelievable story. But I think it's fine for her to read it.

I liked it, once I got past the parts that were really painful, and I

won't say what those were in order not to spoil it...

:thinking:

Thanks Val, it sounds to me like I will cry while reading it. I really do find these stories heart touching. I was sad just listening to Jr. Mink's interpretation. Yikes.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
vinyl2008

a million little pieces

Post by vinyl2008 »

just to set it straight. the book is all fact as ive been told. something written to help others is the best i can figure. recommended to me by 3 seperate people who all think i have a problem as its ment to turn peoples lives around if their not hedding in the rite direction. please check out ninjatune.net/qtvideos/man_in_a_garage.mov .this video is draw droppin awe inspiring beuty. the most magnificent band EVER! myspace.com/coldcut for more info
DesignerGal

a million little pieces

Post by DesignerGal »

You guys...I read this entire book in 2 days! Its awesome. Then I went out and got the book that follows called My Friend Leanord. I read that one in three. I read both in 5 consecutive days thats how good this guy is!!!!!!

I sent it to my cousin and she got through the first 204 pages in one night. A friend of mine bought it and read about 100 pages the first night, and she isnt a reader.

ITS GREAT!!!

HBIC

Return to “The Library”