Favourite TV ad

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
chrisb84uk

Favourite TV ad

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh I'm sure that even for those of u who don't watch the tv, as much as some of us do, that u must have a favourite advert, either an old classic, or a new one.

My new personal favourites are the Budweiser adverts and the Car ad that stars John McEnroe getting into a fit over a parking ticket.
Me Mo

Favourite TV ad

Post by Me Mo »

My favourite ads are the renualt senic It acts like a dog:wah: even wags it rear wiper

Also the walls sausages ad will the dog that attacks the man for the sausages
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man: Mark Twain
OpenMind

Favourite TV ad

Post by OpenMind »

Love the Renault's 'Shakin' an ass' ads.:D
Lil~Basco

Favourite TV ad

Post by Lil~Basco »

I like the commercial for insurance where a gray squirrel runs into the road infront of an oncoming car. The car swerves to miss the squirrel and wrecks. Then another squirrel shows up and they do high fives and chuckle in the middle of the road :wah:
Sheryl

Favourite TV ad

Post by Sheryl »

The hotjobs commercials, with the guy whose working with the monkeys. :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
LilacDragon

Favourite TV ad

Post by LilacDragon »

I love the FedEx commercial with the dinosaurs. Also, there is a commercial for talking to your kids about drugs. Teenage boy comes home and dad has the family room set up so that they can "chat" about the birds and the bees - complete with visual aids and books.

I HATE the car commercial where the guy says goodbye to his wife, puts on a helmet and parachutes off the cliff they live on to get down to his SUV. It leads one to ask - how does he get UP the side of that cliff at the end of the day?
Sandi

Sheryl

Favourite TV ad

Post by Sheryl »

LilacDragon wrote:

I HATE the car commercial where the guy says goodbye to his wife, puts on a helmet and parachutes off the cliff they live on to get down to his SUV. It leads one to ask - how does he get UP the side of that cliff at the end of the day?

:wah: Me too, I always change the channel when it comes on.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Bez

Favourite TV ad

Post by Bez »

The Peugeot 406 advert several years ago....driving throiugh flames to 'Take my breath away' (1999)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Favourite TV ad

Post by Bez »

All the Toyota Yaris adverts....you can love it too much...and I really love mine.

http://www.bestadsontv.com/ad_details.php?id=1342
Bez

Favourite TV ad

Post by Bez »

ArnoldLayne wrote: The car advert where the large choir mimics the sounds of the car as it goes on its journey. Ingenious

The Citroen C5 transformer dancing. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...223698423&q=c4

I like those as well Arny....in fact most of the car adverts are good. I gues they've got all the money behind them.
abbey

Favourite TV ad

Post by abbey »

Sheila's wheels, i cant tell you how many people i've heard singing that ruddy tune! :-3
theia

Favourite TV ad

Post by theia »

Marks and Spencer with Twiggy and the younger models...I love the Steve Harley track...
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Wolverine

Favourite TV ad

Post by Wolverine »

ArnoldLayne wrote: The car advert where the large choir mimics the sounds of the car as it goes on its journey. Ingenious

The Citroen C5 transformer dancing. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...223698423&q=c4
That's AWESOME!!

mine is an older commercial. i can't remember what it is for. i think it's a camera commercial. Anyway...

a family is walking around the Pacific Northwest taking photos. There's some bushes rustling up ahead so everyone gets really quiet. the something walks across the path and Dad snaps a bunck of photos.

Later that week the family is home playing in the backyard and Big Foot jumps out, snaps a thousand pics with the flash and hollers,

"HA! See how YOU like it!" then runs away.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Uncle Kram

Favourite TV ad

Post by Uncle Kram »

I always loved the PG tips advert that was "2 thumbs fresh". I still use that expression.........yeah I know........you had to be there :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Uncle Kram

Favourite TV ad

Post by Uncle Kram »

Clancy wrote: .....the old, Cadbury's Flake advert :)

Yeah.....and we all know why :D

Great vocals too

weeder

Favourite TV ad

Post by weeder »

Cingular Wireless.. The one where they play Sweet Melissa

The Geico commercials with the Australian lizard
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Uncle Kram

Favourite TV ad

Post by Uncle Kram »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Dont you just adore that old "shake and vac" advert :thinking:

My kids still shake their heads in disbelief when I put the freshness back :o

theia

Favourite TV ad

Post by theia »

Has anyone seen the recent advertisement for Quinn's? If so, what do you think?

I don't know what it is but the voiceover/song really fascinates me.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Rain

Favourite TV ad

Post by Rain »

My favs are the ID theft ads. Where they have people "Mouthing" the words of the thief. the 2 older ladies are Hysterical talking about the motorcycles. :D
cherandbuster

Favourite TV ad

Post by cherandbuster »

Rain wrote: My favs are the ID theft ads. Where they have people "Mouthing" the words of the thief. the 2 older ladies are Hysterical talking about the motorcycles. :D

Oh Rain

They are GREAT!

Very clever :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Marie5656

Favourite TV ad

Post by Marie5656 »

Rain wrote: My favs are the ID theft ads. Where they have people "Mouthing" the words of the thief. the 2 older ladies are Hysterical talking about the motorcycles. :D

That one is my fave of the ID theft commercials. Makes me laugh.

I used to like the Six Flags commercial..with the dancing old guy. But he is not in this years ads.
Shweet tatersalad

Favourite TV ad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

OK

This is Bob!Thats all I'm saying.If you all over the pond don't know BOB then you are missing something very funny.
Uncle Kram

Favourite TV ad

Post by Uncle Kram »

There's a new Schweppes advert where there are some cocktails being made and it's the first in ages that's really made me stop and watch

CheshireCat

Favourite TV ad

Post by CheshireCat »

Ok, What is up with those insurance commercials with Little Richard and Chario. You know where they interpret for the "non celebreties"? I don't get it.:confused:
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
Uncle Kram

Favourite TV ad

Post by Uncle Kram »

I also love the one where a puppet starts dancing, then theres some animated figures that look like the puppet that join in, and then a bloke who looks the same joins in and they're all dancing in the same awkward way as the original puppet. Some beer ad. Can't remember which one :thinking:

l.plates

Favourite TV ad

Post by l.plates »

Domestos 5 times longer disgusting but funny
chocoholic

Favourite TV ad

Post by chocoholic »

Pinky wrote: I love the honda ad...hate something, nanana change something...

or the one with loads of coloured balls pelting down the hill - can't remember what it's for though.
Think it's for Sony TV's, love it as well and the music's good too.

My current fave is the Hotpoint Aqualtis ad, where the clothes inside the machine look like underwater sealife.:)
Nomad

Favourite TV ad

Post by Nomad »

I like the Dawn dish detegent ads, you know the one where they wash the dirty dish in the soap and then it ends up clean.

That is so wacky !
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter

Favourite TV ad

Post by RedGlitter »

My favorite ad was on long agoa nd I can't recall what it was for. All I remember was two old guys beating each other over the head with their walkers. It cracked me up every time.
Shweet tatersalad

Favourite TV ad

I like the Vonage ads too,Theres one with a kid putting a bat through a glass door,then one with some one on a roof with ski's.Now theres one with a guy on a trampoline next too a pool.Fun stuff but that song geta stuck in my head for rest of the day.
theia

Favourite TV ad

Post by theia »

theia wrote: Has anyone seen the recent advertisement for Quinn's? If so, what do you think?

I don't know what it is but the voiceover/song really fascinates me.

And now I've seen it so often, I want to throw something at the television every time it comes on. :-5
Shweet tatersalad

Favourite TV ad

Pinky wrote: At least there are no more Crazy Frog ads...AAAAGH!!!

How I hate that little blue bugger!

THAT FROG IS CRAZY

I downloaded the whole CD into my ipod and i use it during my cardio work outs

Return to “General TV Shows”