What did they bury with them?

Discuss Astrology, Confucianism, Healing Arts, Hinduism, Mysticism, Paganism, Reincarnation, Sikhism, others
koan

Post by koan »

Most of the literature that can be had about Egyptians has to do with their burial rites. :eek:

While I'm sure much can be learned of their culture from the dead, I want to know more about their spiritual community. I've been told that I had at least three lives in Egypt and one was as a high priestess...so I guess I should know more than I do. :yh_doh

I actually do have some memories of being in a temple but I haven't been able to follow them very far.

Anyone do any research here? Find anything outside of the tombs?
koan

Post by koan »

Yes it is part of the occult. I have never been accused of avoiding real life issues before. :wah:

I think you do not know me.

I have met many dabblers. I am not a dabbler nor am I an "occultist". The world is a dangerous place and a very safe place. When I pose a question I do not have any expectations as to what the answer will be. If I thought I knew then I likely would not have asked.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lesley wrote: no offence..but i cant help but think that past life regression/therapy is always a means to avoiding the real life issues a person may have here and now.......its a part of the occult...

i have more than dabbled in the occult..its a dangerous place...its very easy for us to be deceived when we are out there questing......seek and you will find...as long as you understand that the answers will not be either what you hope them to be xx

the egyptians went down with the flood
Ahhh, the reformed. Kind of like "born again christians" and recovering alcoholics.

:yh_doh

This is something that has always intrigued me, too, Koan. I'm hoping someone will come along who has done some research. Where would a person look? There's got to be tons of stuff on the web.

If I go look, Koan, will you come with me? Delving into the dangerous underworld of the occult makes me a bit jumpy... :yh_nailbi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Post by koan »

BabyRider wrote: Ahhh, the reformed. Kind of like "born again christians" and recovering alcoholics.

:yh_doh

This is something that has always intrigued me, too, Koan. I'm hoping someone will come along who has done some research. Where would a person look? There's got to be tons of stuff on the web.

If I go look, Koan, will you come with me? Delving into the dangerous underworld of the occult makes me a bit jumpy... :yh_nailbi

I'll put a protective spell around us. Let's go! Meet you back here soon.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Having any luck yet, Koan? I've been poking around a bit, but so far, nothing interesting. I never was any good at research! (And I think the spell worked! Thanks! :yh_giggle )
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Post by koan »

I hate cut and paste but here's a little bit from the Golden Dawn. A lot of mummies to dig through to find anything.

Osiris plays a key role and is a central figure in the ancient Egyptian mysteries and in the magical system of the Golden Dawn. It was Osiris who was the beloved pharaoh of Egypt. It was Osiris who taught the people of the land of Egypt about farming. Osiris was and is one of the first "Green Men", in that he was also the god of vegetation.

Osiris is the husband of Isis. After thousands of years, all female goddesses became merged as an aspect of Isis, she too is central to Egyptian symbolism. Isis was well known for her powerful magic, her cunning and wisdom - she was the "breath of life" that brought life unto what was dead.

For as Osiris died, through the power of Birth (Isis) under the authority and skill of Thoth (The Higher Genius) Osiris arose on the physical plane as the great avenging god Horus, his son. On the spiritual plane Osiris became the great god of the underworld. Like Christ he became the god that the Egyptians needed to become in order to be saved. What this means is that unless the initiate allows for the complete transformation of the self under the direct guidance of the Higher, no true and lasting power can be obtained. Osiris is the reconciler with the Lower Selfhood in which no birth or death is necessary. We can refer to it as "The Bornless One."
koan

Post by koan »

lesley wrote: you may mock....i pity you for that. enjoy but do remember you have been warned.....

:eek: :yh_nailbi
Raven

Post by Raven »

y'know koan, I think so much knowledge was lost when the romans sacked and burnt the library at Alexandria. But other sources like Herodotus and the persian Zoroaster could give us clues. If we could find ancient Babylonian texts and tablets, they could tell us of wonderous things! Someone besides the Egyptians HAD to have copied the scrolls and such, somewhere! We're just looking in the wrong places.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

lesley wrote: no offence..but i cant help but think that past life regression/therapy is always a means to avoiding the real life issues a person may have here and now.......its a part of the occult...

i have more than dabbled in the occult..its a dangerous place...its very easy for us to be deceived when we are out there questing......seek and you will find...as long as you understand that the answers will not be either what you hope them to be xx

the egyptians went down with the flood
Do you have proof of the Egyptians being wiped out by the flood?

Or are you just parroting something that someone that you look up to has given you, which you have accepted as the gospel truth and final word on the subject, to say in circumstances such as these.

If you are going to say something then you had better be prepared to back it up with more that the world taking your word for it! :mad:
koan

Post by koan »

Raven wrote: y'know koan, I think so much knowledge was lost when the romans sacked and burnt the library at Alexandria. But other sources like Herodotus and the persian Zoroaster could give us clues. If we could find ancient Babylonian texts and tablets, they could tell us of wonderous things! Someone besides the Egyptians HAD to have copied the scrolls and such, somewhere! We're just looking in the wrong places.

I think the Tibetens have it all stashed away somewhere!
Raven

Post by Raven »

:yh_rotfl

maybe they do. Well I wish they would share, then.

*thinking eddie murphey and the golden child, here.* I III II I want the knife........please....
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Return to “Ancient Wisdom”