Painting ?

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Nomad

Painting ?

Post by Nomad »

Cool website if your painting. This lets you pick from a palette of colors and install it on a preset wall. l/r d/r bath etc. Then it prints out the color description so you can walk into the store and say "here, Ill have 2 of these please"

http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color ... /index.jsp

Attached files
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Painting ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Which colors did you buy yesterday for the new home?
Nomad

Painting ?

Post by Nomad »

chonsigirl wrote: Which colors did you buy yesterday for the new home?

Were going with a mossy/olivey (sage) color for the main floor. Its a very warm and cozy color
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Painting ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that sounds lovely!

I am thinking of painting this summer, always wanted to do my computer/book room in southwestern colors, with painted borders on the bottom, of buffalo and native pottery.
Nomad

Painting ?

Post by Nomad »

JAB wrote: I agree. Home Depot has a version too and it's awesome! I'm redoing my bedroom and it helped bigtime in selecting my paints. I went with a more vibrant color when I saw how it would look on the walls with my current carpeting. It even suggested the matching trim for the complete picture.

I think were doing a red in the kitchen with a stone tile backsplash.. Our d/r here is red and its awesome. I used to be afraid of "colors" but Ive found it can really make a room.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Painting ?

Post by Nomad »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, that sounds lovely!

I am thinking of painting this summer, always wanted to do my computer/book room in southwestern colors, with painted borders on the bottom, of buffalo and native pottery.

You should, its fun once you get started. Home Depot has a product called The Woolie that would be good for that clay feel effect. You mix 2 colors on a double roller and roll it on mixing the paints. Its a stunning result.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Painting ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that sound like a nice project for me this summer! You will be a pro by then to ask advice.......................:)
Nomad

Painting ?

Post by Nomad »

JAB wrote: I live in a townhouse where all the rooms are basically some different shade of white. My nephew, the graphic designer who's been staying with me for a few months, has really helped push me in the direction of using more colors. I still get a bit nervous but his advice is really paying off.

You know what weve been doing ? No of course you dont, Visiting open houses. Theyre usually very tastefully done, so we take ideas from them, some just little ones like cool shelving or certain lighting etc. Thats another thing the right lighting is essential in creating a mood or atmosphere. Were going with amber colored pendant lights over the bar. I love this sh!t.

(but Im not gay ok ?) :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Painting ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh JAB, you home is sounding gorgeous.

Nomad, you sound like those design teams on TV.

Gosh, I need something for this place!
chonsigirl

Painting ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I am going to get a handyman to help with my outside-I decided I just can't do all the cleanup, even with kids.
Nomad

Painting ?

Post by Nomad »

JAB wrote: My nephew has this idea of taking the gloss version of the same flat wall paint and painting square patterns on the three walls that don't have windows. He says when the natural light hits it, I'll have this cool effect on my walls. Not sure where he got this idea but I'm going with it (fingers crossed) to see what it does.

Sounds neat and the beauty of it is if you dont like it well....paint over it. One thing Ill never do again is visit the street of dreams. You pay $10.00 and you get to see the cream of the crop million $ homes. Unbelievable but when you get home and walk in your door you kinda feel like "Oh. Crap"
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Painting ?

Post by Nomad »

JAB wrote: You can also get some really cool ideas on those home improvement shows and it doesn't cost ya the $10 to watch it. Not counting your cable bill of course...!

Tons of ideas. Its nice to get a visual on some of the stuff, makes you feel like oh ok I get it. Home Depot has seminars on everything from installing tile to plumbing. I plan on taking advantage of those.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Sheryl

Painting ?

Post by Sheryl »

visit the home & garden channel website. www.hgtv.com

It has instuctions for many need painting methods. We textured our living room walls and painted them last fall. I didn't go crazy, just choose an offwhite.

I've done the dual roller thing Nomad, it only looks good though if you use complimentary colors. I messed up and used green and yellow in my bathroom with that roller and it looked like someone projectile vomited all over my bathroom.

So now it's a bright sunny yellow. :-6
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son

Return to “Home Management”