What!!!

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
abbey

What!!!

Post by abbey »

A mum is being threatened with deportation because she's too thin!

Can you believe it?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objecti ... _page.html
lady cop

What!!!

Post by lady cop »

home office has been getting tougher and tougher. they are sick of the 'unhealthy' being on the dole. i had to submit all my hospital records to prove i was fit.
abbey

What!!!

Post by abbey »

lady cop wrote: home office has been getting tougher and tougher. they are sick of the 'unhealthy' being on the dole. i had to submit all my hospital records. She's hardly unhealthy or on the dole, her hubby is an aussie and worker, she's just too thin for Aussie standards!
AussiePam

What!!!

Post by AussiePam »

Diuretic wrote: Our Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs is a shambles.

That's true enough. But newspapers do report very 'selectively'. The real story might be rather different.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

abbey

What!!!

Post by abbey »

AussiePam wrote: That's true enough. But newspapers do report very 'selectively'. The real story might be rather different.Can you find the story in your press pam?
AussiePam

What!!!

Post by AussiePam »

There's plenty on google under Helen Evans Immigration Australia

Here's the ABC, Brisbane report.. complete with photo. It does look rather suss altogether. And this is an Englishwoman. Wonder how the Immigration Dept views Asian women then.. they are very slight by Aussie standards??

http://www.abc.net.au/brisbane/stories/s1599697.htm

abbey

What!!!

Post by abbey »

Helen and her husband Steve have spent over a year fighting the rules. "They are comparing me to Australian statistics, but I'm not Australian, and yet they won't accept the British ones. For me to be in the range for the British ones - I've actually got the figures from Britain, which actually states thay I'm supposed to be between 46.3 and 51.6kg. Now I'm about 43, so I'm not very far under that, so if they want to call that extreme, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who are going to say, 'Well, OK..."

Well that's me buggered then :yh_pig :wah:
AussiePam

What!!!

Post by AussiePam »

43k is, I would have thought, seriously underweight for a European. And those stats look very odd indeed. I'm 5'6" and weigh 62k which is about average recommended weight here for my height and racial background. Underweight is considered less healthy than overweight so maybe the first concern was justified. I'm not supporting the Immigration people who've proven themselves drongos very often, and generalisations are just that. Generalisations. This woman may be completely healthy and no risk to becoming a burden on the Australian health system - which is what these little rules are really about.

chonsigirl

What!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I used a converter-those kilos always get me! I weigh just a shade less the Pam...........where are the snicker bites when I need them!

They should not deport her because of weight requirements!
Waltzing Matilda

What!!!

Post by Waltzing Matilda »

Diuretic wrote: Won't be long before they start killing us off when we're crook. :(They nearly are...our health system is a joke:-1
Nomad

What!!!

Post by Nomad »

Shes looks like a hottie to me :confused:
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

What!!!

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Nomad... A hottie at this brrrrr time of the year in Oz is a rubber bag filled with nice warm water you take to bed and put your feet on.

Waltzing Matilda

What!!!

Post by Waltzing Matilda »

AussiePam wrote: Hi Nomad... A hottie at this brrrrr time of the year in Oz is a rubber bag filled with nice warm water you take to bed and put your feet on.Sounds like my husband......therefore my husband is a hottie:wah:

Return to “Australia”