lookin for the rockers

Bill Sikes

lookin for the rockers

Post by Bill Sikes »

Garlando wrote: yo people, only just joined the forum, just wonderin who are the rockers among you, cos its always nice to find a like minded soul, particularly if they likeblack sabbath, judas priest and led zeppelin

That's *very* old stuff. Isn't there anything like that but modern? I must say I haven't heard any...
Paula

lookin for the rockers

Post by Paula »

Garlando wrote: yo people, only just joined the forum, just wonderin who are the rockers among you, cos its always nice to find a like minded soul, particularly if they likeblack sabbath, judas priest and led zeppelin

:guitarist :guitarist :guitarist

we love'm all, including; Uriah Heap, Deep Purple, Whitesnake, ACDC, my husband more than myself appreciates the 70 rockers...there are more, we also like 3 Doors Down, Nickelback... :mad:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Tombstone

lookin for the rockers

Post by Tombstone »

Count me in! Stuck in the 70's? You bet. I also really enjoy melodic metal like they play on Progged Radio on the Internet.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Cass

lookin for the rockers

Post by Cass »

I'm a Barry Manilow kinda girl :)
Paula

lookin for the rockers

Post by Paula »

>>^..^ I'm a Barry Manilow kinda girl :)

There is nothing wrong with Barry Manilow, he's good!
Paula

lookin for the rockers

Post by Paula »

we forgot about Pink Floyd, Robert Palmer, Eddy Money & Charlie Daniels, Ossie Osbourn, Neon Russell & Steppin Wolf...Eli's Comin...oh my god were they good... :guitarist :guitarist Bob Dillian, Hendrix & Joplin...
rachelg

lookin for the rockers

Post by rachelg »

I love all the 70's stuff too. It was from my teenage years! I love Aerosmith, 3 Dog Night, but especially Alice Cooper! Actually, I even like Barry Manilow too. :guitarist
LottomagicZ4941

lookin for the rockers

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

April Wine "Drop your guns" wish I could remember the rest of the song. Many people think of them as an 80s band but I think "Drop you guns" charted in Canada in 1972. It is kind of flower power hippy music.

Badlands rocked on their second recording Voodo Highway. First recording was iffy. They featured Jake E Lee of Ozzy Osbourn fame.

Blood Good is my favorte christian band. "Battle of the flesh battle of the flesh." Over heard a guy say they are as bad as AC/DC that is how I discovered them.

Cread not my favorite but neither are the cars. If you like cread check out www.benparkdrive.com

Deep Purple!!!!! In Rock is excelent way better then the over rated Machiene Head which only has 5 good tracks.

ELO ELP Saw ELP open for Deep Purple

Gillian did some fine solo work. If you like hard rock Toolbox is excelent. I can't get into Dream Catcher. He wrote it after his dad died and I think he was depressed. Girlschool was produced by him.

Heart --- Dog and Butterfly

Iron Maiden did not care for them in high school. They were a bit hard for my taste. Just couldn't get into the whole powerslave thing.

Jethro Tull even started to get into "A" Last time I listened to it could not figure out how.

Kiss the one band my parents forbed me to listen to growing up.

Led Zeplin Lynard Skinard.

Mountain Montrose

Nazareth LOVE their since of humor!!!

Ozzy

Pink Floyd

Queensrique(SP?)

Ratt Rainbow

Saxon SOLID BALL OF ROCK!!! Another band I could not get into in high school. Dennim and Leather from 1972 is total flower power metal.

Tesla

Uriah Heap bet you thought I was going to say UFO

V hum well need to check if we got 1000 members yet. Probably think of a v other then velvet underground right after I post.

Whitesnake

XTC haven't ever listened to them but I needed and x

Yes and of course www.youcallthat-art.com and Y and T had some okay stuff

ZZTOP and Zebra
Tombstone

lookin for the rockers

Post by Tombstone »

I'm enjoying having teenagers in my house. I'm lucky enough to have three kids that love rock/metal/pop. The residual of this is that they expose me to the new groups that are great to listen to. The current new albums we have are:

Modest Mouse

Breaking Benjamin

Disturbed

Slipknot

OutKast

Trapt

Black Eyed Peas
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
weeder

lookin for the rockers

Post by weeder »

I saw Black Sabbath, Yes, Jethro tull Emerson Lake and Palmer, Santana, all for the first times they playedat The Fillmore East in the village. That doesnt mean I like them now. Just thought Id mention it. Hi.Oh yeah Genesis
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
BabyRider

lookin for the rockers

Post by BabyRider »

God bless Paula and Lottomagic for mentioning Pink Floyd. The all-time greatest, in my humble opinion...

How about Kenny Wayne Shepard, Heart, Metallica, Blondie, Boston, Cheap Trick, Eric Clapton, Eddie Money, Styx, Carlos Santana?

I don't think there's enough room in the reply box to name all the ones I love.

Yep, Your fellow rockers are alive and well! Welcome!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

LottomagicZ4941

lookin for the rockers

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

I mentioned Heart:) My wife's mom bought me Santana last year. A CD not the musian.

I left out Ted Nugent, Neal Young, Foghat and Food Fighters. Totally left off F in my ABCs of rock.

Asia has a new recording out. I find it intreguing. Silent Nation? I think that is the title. I like it better then their popy first hit era. But still think in the long run I like Aqua better.

Audio Adrenaline is one of the better christian bands.

"Never going to be as big as Jesus"

I wonder how many of my reviews are still up on Amazon? At one time I had over 20. Had reviews for BloodGood, Nazareth, Aerosmith, Iggy Pop, UFO, Deep Purple, Bon Jovie(SP) (decited I had to many 5 star reviews and needed a 1), MSG, Iron Maiden, and Korn. Oops almost forgot FOGHAT

"When I was stone blue rock and roll really helped me through"

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941
Paula

lookin for the rockers

Post by Paula »

LottomagicZ4941 wrote: I mentioned Heart:) My wife's mom bought me Santana last year. A CD not the musian.

I left out Ted Nugent, Neal Young, Foghat and Food Fighters. Totally left off F in my ABCs of rock.

Asia has a new recording out. I find it intreguing. Silent Nation? I think that is the title. I like it better then their popy first hit era. But still think in the long run I like Aqua better.

Audio Adrenaline is one of the better christian bands.

"Never going to be as big as Jesus"

I wonder how many of my reviews are still up on Amazon? At one time I had over 20. Had reviews for BloodGood, Nazareth, Aerosmith, Iggy Pop, UFO, Deep Purple, Bon Jovie(SP) (decited I had to many 5 star reviews and needed a 1), MSG, Iron Maiden, and Korn. Oops almost forgot FOGHAT

"When I was stone blue rock and roll really helped me through"

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/cgi-local/ ... elcome-344

MagicZ4941

My Godness, you must have graduated from high school in or about 73-75? Thats what i thought, You know the tunes, My husband likes many, as i read your posts, i ask him, he remembers, we are getting old!! No KOrn, BonJovie we seen @ Mohegan Sun, Foghat was popular when we were young, how about Peter Frampton, we like him too? Deep Purple we wore the the tape out--we had 8 tracks then...hahahahahaha...Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, brings back memories...My husband and i have been together a LONG time..
capt_buzzard

lookin for the rockers

Post by capt_buzzard »

Love Bon Jovi, Europe, Joe Cocker,Aerosmith, Foreigner + lots more
Paula

lookin for the rockers

Post by Paula »

I Forgot about JOE COCKER, oh my god he was good....Times HAve Changed...NOt the same at ALL...memories...we cannot party like that anymore....tears falling.. ;)
Bullet

lookin for the rockers

Post by Bullet »

I sold my soul for rock and roll... I can't really add anything to the list that's not there. How about VanZant? Did anyone mention VanHalen, I prefer with DLR. Rainbow, 38 Special, Bachman Turner Overdive, CCR, RUSH, Creed, STP....and on and on. I sometimes prefer the blues, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kenny Wayne Shepperd, John Lee Hooker, BB King, do they all have 3 names?

I've seen some greats like The Steve Miller Band, Black Sabbath, ZZ Top, Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Kiss, Pat Benetar, Slayer,
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
Jives

lookin for the rockers

Post by Jives »

Ummm....I used to play with a little band called "The Gin Blossoms" in Tempe, Arizona for a few years. I quit and went with my day job about six months before they got picked up by a record company.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
lime-sterman

lookin for the rockers

Post by lime-sterman »

I seen Led Zeppelin in 1979 at knebworth, I remember out of all the crew I went with there was only me still still sober enough to watch them, they had all crashed out! I remember shouting to them, ''hey guy's there on'' and not a hair on there head stirred!......I just cracked up laughing!.............I had vision's of them waking up in an empty field full of beer can's and dogend's and wondering how they got there!......I loved Lynyrd Skynyrd to!..........my sister used to wake me up in the morning with carlos Santana's Moonflower album, the side with black magic woman and dance sister dance alway's got me out of bed! :wah: I seen a lot of rock band's in the 1970's and still listening to there stuff to! :)
hotsauce

lookin for the rockers

Post by hotsauce »

I like to rock out...to all generations.
turbonium

lookin for the rockers

Post by turbonium »

I'll revive this thread and chime in - it's right up my alley!!

I write & record my stuff - and I'm a big fan of many already mentioned. Plus...

Boston (1st album),

Cheap Trick

Accept (Balls to the Wall!)

Dio (Holy Diver)

Riverdogs (1st album w/Viv Campbell of Dio)

Extreme (esp.1st album)

Scorpions (esp. older stuff & w. Uli Roth)

Joe Satriani (Surfing w.the Alien)

Def Leppard (older stuff)

and MY FAVORITE - RIOT!! (Swords & Tequila! Rock City! Outlaw!)

:guitarist :guitarist

Return to “General Music”