chonsigirl

Oh, look at this one...

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that one is very cool! (I still like Pluto too, even if he is an ex):p
Marie5656

Oh, look at this one...

Post by Marie5656 »

Hamster wrote: That is amazing!! Where do you find these?? :-6

I have personalized my Google page...one of the things I have added is "Astronomy picture of the day" There is also a NASA Picture of the day.
chonsigirl

Oh, look at this one...

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I am going to do that at school. I didn't know you could fix up the google at all, Marie.
Marie5656

Oh, look at this one...

Post by Marie5656 »

Just note, Chonsi, the page sometimes takes a bit longer to load. But I have alot on it. I change some of the personalized stuff every couple of weeks.
chonsigirl

Oh, look at this one...

Post by chonsigirl »

Do you make google your homepage to do that, Marie?
ch4rlie

Oh, look at this one...

Post by ch4rlie »

its not actually the stars moving its the earth's rotation. i like these kind of pictures.
chonsigirl

Oh, look at this one...

Post by chonsigirl »

*rats*

I don't even have an ipod..........................:p
Marie5656

Oh, look at this one...

Post by Marie5656 »

chonsigirl wrote: Do you make google your homepage to do that, Marie?

Nope. Up by the Google logo is a "Personalize this page" Icon. You will have to do it both on your work and home PC, though. If you personalize your work one, it won't carry over to home. There is a way to "save the settings" between computers but I have not done that.
chonsigirl

Oh, look at this one...

Post by chonsigirl »

I shall fiddle with that on Tuesday then, and save the good pics for my astronomy unit in the spring.
spot

Oh, look at this one...

Post by spot »

I took one like that when I was at school, Marie. Very black and white, and very northern hemishpere, and only a 5 minute exposure, but the trail arcs were still apparent as were the constellations (and the school buildings in outline).

I like the meteor streak on the pic you pointed to, centre low. I've never caught one of those.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Marie5656

Oh, look at this one...

Post by Marie5656 »

When I was in my 20's I had a good friend who was very much into astronomy. She lived about 40 miles away from me, and happened also to be in the country. So one weekend she invited me out, and had me plan to stay the night. We spent a good part of the night out in her back yard, looking up through her telescopes and she pointed out alot of neat stuff. That is how I got interested. I would be we never got to bed till almost 4AM.

Return to “Space and Astronomy”