All I needed to know about life I learned from office max...

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Think its time you changed your job hon!!! :-2
weeder

Post by weeder »

Method007 wrote: When I was 18 I got my 3rd job in 2 months at office max. This was around may 1999. I caught on to the job as salesman fairly easily, and truely enjoy it. I started low, and now I'm almost middle management. This job is really just a 40hr a week gig. I'm going to school for a masters in criminal justice.

Before I had this job, I had an idea in my head of a society that looks after its self, and competent people trying to better themselves and their own world. Thankfully, I got my job at officemax. I never ever expected the horrors that were te befall me in this occupation. Besides ending any thought I had of a world that's sane, I also learned in general about 50% of people are completely helpless. Where the hell are these people born? Why must I be the center of the universe called officemax. "Are these recordable cds for recording?" Jesus god what?? "Where are the ink cartridges?" The ink cartridges are under that 36 x 10 foot ink cartridge sign, or you could of followed the yellow red and blue 14" foot prints that are painted on our white floor leading from the entrance. You know the entrance? The place with the 10 foot wide painting on the floor that says "follow me to ink cartridges". Yea any of that would of worked (20 times a day, and yea the same people every 6 months). "Are these your monitors? (As they point to the wall of monitors)" do I really have to answer that? "Does copymax make copies?" I swear to god people ask me that. "Do you work here?" Of course not I just wear the uniform, radio and silver name tag at any store I shop at. "Why can't I return a year old item without a box or a receipt of a printer model you've never carried?" I would say this situation happens about once a month be it a chair or electronic merchandise. What can I say? You learn to assume everyone is a moron. Your actually suprised like its a great feat when you hear somebody say something of even the slightest amount of intelligence. "I probably can't return a camera my son dropped in the pool huh?" Holy crap you deserve a trophy for knowing that. I imagine its a little like being a cop, you get so hardened from all the stupid people in the world its sometimes hard to make out the good ones. The upside is I learned great anger management. You can't punch somebody just because they want half off a TV because someone wrote on the box. So I learned to basically keep cool all the time. I haven't actually been truely angry in 3 years. So do stupid people serve a purpose on the lower end of the food chain? I dunno, I'm really just venting.You are very very humorous. Not too many years under you belt out in the work force though. Be careful calling people stupid Give some thought to how well you would navigate the aisle of an art store.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

:wah: Funny post!

No worries. The smarter people are too busy to shop at Office Max in person. They either shop online or they have someone else do the shopping for them.

I'm just kidding!
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Peg

Post by Peg »

LMAO oh Method that is sooo funny and unfortunately so true! Just when you think you have heard the dumbest question possible, another customer comes along that just astounds you. On the upside though, isn't it nice when you have a customer that you really enjoy helping that doesn't make you want to just look at them and say wtf?
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

This is absolutely priceless....

I feel your pain!!! And your frustration, Method. I'm a bartender. My favorite question...Do you have beer?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Peg

Post by Peg »

BabyRider wrote: This is absolutely priceless....

I feel your pain!!! And your frustration, Method. I'm a bartender. My favorite question...Do you have beer?

I usually just look them straight in the eye and say, "We don't serve alcohol here."

Return to “Work Employment”