Pink Floyd Covers

Sheryl

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Sheryl »

There are some horrible covers done of Pink Floyd's songs.

Staind has done a cover of Comfortably Numb, and it's awful. Which is really sad because I like Staind as a band.

Another band has redone Run (I think that's the title) and it's horrid too. I didn't catch the bands name but it has chick singing lead vocals.

Are there any other covers out there that I don't know about?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Richard Bell

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Richard Bell »

Luther Wright And The Wrongs covered the entire The Wall album in a kickass bluegrass style, complete with banjos. It's amazingly cool, and it was officially sanctioned by Roger Waters.

It's entitled Rebuild The Wall.
Galbally

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Galbally »

I think the Floyd are one of the those bands that you should leave alone as trying to cover their songs usually shows up other bands. I like the sound of that bluegrass album though, I was watching "The Last Waltz" again last night, now that was a concert i would have liked to have been at.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Richard Bell

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Richard Bell »

Galbally;470560 wrote: I was watching "The Last Waltz" again last night, now that was a concert i would have liked to have been at.

CBC Radio held a concert this past weekend in Toronto where "The Last Waltz" was recreated by the cream of the crop of contemporary Canadian musicians. Most members of The Band were formerly The Hawks, a Toronto based band who performed and recorded with Ronnie Hawkins.

They were promoting "The Last Waltz" all weekend on the radio. One of the bits of trivia that came up was a story about very visible cocaine residue on and in Neil Young's nose. They had to "remove" it in the post production stage of the film.
Galbally

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Galbally »

Richard Bell;470834 wrote: CBC Radio held a concert this past weekend in Toronto where "The Last Waltz" was recreated by the cream of the crop of contemporary Canadian musicians. Most members of The Band were formerly The Hawks, a Toronto based band who performed and recorded with Ronnie Hawkins.

They were promoting "The Last Waltz" all weekend on the radio. One of the bits of trivia that came up was a story about very visible cocaine residue on and in Neil Young's nose. They had to "remove" it in the post production stage of the film.

Oh don't get me started on the drugs thing, I've been up to my neck in that on another thread, gotta love old neil though, one of my favourites.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Nomad

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Nomad »

Australian Pink Floyd was here last weekend and I entertained the idea of going but even though they sound good, its still not Floyd ya know ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
The Rob

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by The Rob »

Dirty Vegas did a cover of the song "Another Brick in the Wall" that was quite nice. I didn't scream

"sacrilege!" at the top of my lungs or anything. Quite a pleasant rendition.
Trouble(for the SA)

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Trouble(for the SA) »

Didnt David Bowie cover a Pink Floyd song?
koan

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by koan »

Trouble(for the SA);549392 wrote: Didnt David Bowie cover a Pink Floyd song?
July 06

Bowie has long declared himself a massive fan of Barrett-era Floyd. He showed just how much by singing their debut single 'Arnold Layne' at guitarist David Gilmour's solo show at the London Royal Albert Hall last month. It was Bowie's first live appearance in two years following a serious illness.

source
Trouble(for the SA)

Pink Floyd Covers

Post by Trouble(for the SA) »

koan;549413 wrote: July 06

Bowie has long declared himself a massive fan of Barrett-era Floyd. He showed just how much by singing their debut single 'Arnold Layne' at guitarist David Gilmour's solo show at the London Royal Albert Hall last month. It was Bowie's first live appearance in two years following a serious illness.

source

Hmm... but i mean, i think he covered one in the 70's ... oh well...

Return to “General Music”