President Ford's Funeral

lady cop

President Ford's Funeral

Post by lady cop »

Mourners say farewell to Ford ............it will be another moving event which will bring to mind the emotions of President Reagan's funeral.
CARLA

President Ford's Funeral

Post by CARLA »

:( I will be at work so will have to catch it on the Internet..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lulu2

President Ford's Funeral

Post by Lulu2 »

It's interesting to see how many local folks in the desert community where he lived are part of the memorial service. And, although you all might not see the interviews, many of them are talking about how they enjoyed seeing and chatting with him in the market, on the street or in miscellaneous shops, etc.

It appears that Gerry Ford was approachable, good-natured and not in the least stand-offish to people in his community.

(I love the way the Bush administration is now distancing themselves from him, having read his comments on "I believe Bush made an error going to war in Iraq, etc.")
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
lady cop

President Ford's Funeral

Post by lady cop »

President Ford's Funeral Proceeds to DC
lady cop

President Ford's Funeral

Post by lady cop »

Capitol officials have brought out the famed pine board catafalque on which Abraham Lincoln's body lay and prepared it to receive Ford's closed coffin.
chonsigirl

President Ford's Funeral

Post by chonsigirl »

They are stopping at the WWII Memorial, and going through the many places he lived and had influenced.
lady cop

President Ford's Funeral

Post by lady cop »

i've been watching CNN since the Presidential plane landed at Andrews AFB, another flag-draped casket being received and honored. the drive to the Capitol, all the pomp and circumstance. perhaps because DC is my home town, these events matter to me. but i am frustrated...i wanted to post some pictures, but so far all i can find online are pictures of saddam being executed. :(..the honor guard and pallbearers are carrying the casket up the house of representative steps now.
chonsigirl

President Ford's Funeral

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I am going to look for one too, they must have one of the eagle scouts at the WW II memorial, that was so sweet a tribute.........................
Marie5656

President Ford's Funeral

Post by Marie5656 »

It is too bad that his rememberances are being overshadowed by the death of Saddam.
lady cop

President Ford's Funeral

Post by lady cop »

Former President Gerald R. Ford's casket arrives in Washington, D.C. (AP)..here's one from Washington Post.
chonsigirl

President Ford's Funeral

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is a nice one, LC.
lady cop

President Ford's Funeral

Post by lady cop »

in the rotunda.
chonsigirl

President Ford's Funeral

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that was a spectacular view. The men in uniform, surrounding him make me sigh in honor and respect, showing their respect for President Ford.
Lulu2

President Ford's Funeral

Post by Lulu2 »

"Eternal Father, Strong to Save."

Ok...that one turns me into a puddle every time! (They sang it at my father's funeral.)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
nvalleyvee

President Ford's Funeral

Post by nvalleyvee »

Lulu2;500326 wrote: It's interesting to see how many local folks in the desert community where he lived are part of the memorial service. And, although you all might not see the interviews, many of them are talking about how they enjoyed seeing and chatting with him in the market, on the street or in miscellaneous shops, etc.

It appears that Gerry Ford was approachable, good-natured and not in the least stand-offish to people in his community.

(I love the way the Bush administration is now distancing themselves from him, having read his comments on "I believe Bush made an error going to war in Iraq, etc.")

I saw that on TV hours after his death was announced..........I thought it was really disrespectful and a money making ploy. How sad.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Lulu2

President Ford's Funeral

Post by Lulu2 »

"A money making ploy?" :confused:

Return to “Current Events”