Saddam's hanging

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
WonderWendy3

Saddam's hanging

Post by WonderWendy3 »

heart just a racin!!

I went back a second time out of curiousity, I was afraid it would be gruesome. Suprised that they have it for the public already.
Accountable

Saddam's hanging

Post by Accountable »

Thanks, Ian. This really should be seen, especially by those who support the act. No one should support something they're not willing to at least watch. Even better if they can participate. That way they know with certainty that it's not a game, it's not an idea, it really is life and death.
Lulu2

Saddam's hanging

Post by Lulu2 »

Seems kinder than poison gas spread over dozens of communities, doesn't it?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Marie5656

Saddam's hanging

Post by Marie5656 »

I did not look..but isn't that the one done with a cell phone camera??
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Saddam's hanging

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Marie5656;501265 wrote: I did not look..but isn't that the one done with a cell phone camera??

Yeah Marie it was a pretty bad copy , very blurred - you couldn't see a great deal .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Nomad

Saddam's hanging

Post by Nomad »

I stopped myself. I turned it off.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Red

Saddam's hanging

Post by Red »

Glad it happened but still made me feel sick
CARLA

Saddam's hanging

Post by CARLA »

The video was so bad there really wasn't much to see. At least there is a record for those that must see it to believe he is truly dead.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lulu2

Saddam's hanging

Post by Lulu2 »

I spoke with someone who heard a translation. Apparently, he was rude to the end, although he did call out a traditional prayer. Arabic always sounds "angry" to me, with the gutteral "throat" sounds. And of course, that horrible room with all the metal just made things echo.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Insomniac

Saddam's hanging

Post by Insomniac »

I just watched it. I'm just wondering if they give the prisoners any sort of sedative or tranquilizer before hanging them to make them more compliant.
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
RedGlitter

Saddam's hanging

Post by RedGlitter »

It wasn't as ghastly as I had expected. I have seen far worse on gore sites. I certainly amnot celebrating but I bet all those poor dead souls are.
lady cop

Saddam's hanging

Post by lady cop »

didn't bother me one tenth as much as nick berg's beheading.
Lulu2

Saddam's hanging

Post by Lulu2 »

Exactly! But then....Saddam had it coming.
Lulu2

Saddam's hanging

Post by Lulu2 »

It's good to see you Keith! I've missed seeing you around the Garden...make it by more often, ok?
Galbally

Saddam's hanging

Post by Galbally »

I don't watch such things, not because I am particularly squeamish, but because I have seen things in real life so I don't have any curiosity about it, watching someone die violently is generally sickening and disturbing experience, unless you are pathological about such things. Hanging is not an easy death, but its by no means the worst way to die, (cold comfort for the person about to die I am sure). Like I said before, I am not rejoicing in the killing of Saddam, but from the Iraqi people's point of view (well most of them), he had earned such a fate, however he died because of September 11th, not because of his own very brutal actions in his life, and so he actually died because of something he was not responsible for, an injustice indeed, and yet somehow fitting as he himself had very little concept of human justice or dignity, and certainly showed no mercy to his own victims. I think that its very brief and mild snapshot of the reality of the brutality of life, our new(ancient)new global politics and particularly Iraq in 2007. An unpleasant story all round.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

Return to “General Chit Chat”