Nhs Dentistry Petition To No 10

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
tedhutchinson

Nhs Dentistry Petition To No 10

Post by tedhutchinson »

The New NHS dental contract was imposed on April 1st 2006. It was untried and untested in the form it was implemented. It is unfair to both dentists and patients alike.

NHS DENTISTRY PETITION TO NO 10

If you have an NHS dentist, or if you don't, the New Contract that was imposed on the Dental Profession in April 2006 is a completely untested system, designed to take NHS dentistry back to the 1950s when extractions and dentures were all you could expect.

It is clear from the way this is working in my area and my contacts with dentists demonstrate that this Contract or ConTrick as it's called in the profession is leading to limited and worse treatment for patients.

There are many systems that could use the existing funding more fairly and equitably so that everybody could get something from NHS dentistry, but pay for the more advanced treatments as 'extras' over and above a basic state provision.

I hope other readers will consider signing the ePetition on the 10 Downing Sreet web-site.

I doubt much notice will be taken of it, but the petition calls for the current NHS contract to be scrapped.

I would be grateful if as many readers here as possible could visit this site and leave their details.

Many thanks.

Return to “England”