Claim To Fame

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Galbally

Claim To Fame

Post by Galbally »

You met the frickin beatles??? That is a pretty good memory my dear, wow.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
hoxtonchris

Claim To Fame

Post by hoxtonchris »

my claim to fame was being missunderstood by a mr roy (pretty boy shaw)enforcer to the kray twins,,,lucky escape,,i think i put the story on carolley and chris's memoirs.also as a very young man meeting the whole firm of the twins briefly in a pub also on the memoirs thread.AND HERE I AM WITH THE KING OF STEPNEY!

Attached files
Uncle Kram

Claim To Fame

Post by Uncle Kram »

The Beatles?...never heard of them :thinking:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Galbally

Claim To Fame

Post by Galbally »

I did see bump into Julian Lennon once in Dublin, not the same though. I am a big Beatles fan, I am very impressed. You are probably better off, it would have ended in divorce, on the upside you would have been incredibly rich, on the down, every woman in the world would not like you very much. I've met a few famous people in my time, but all the Beatles all at once, as a band, before they were famous, thats special. Do you have that autograph to you still?

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Claim To Fame

Post by Galbally »

Uncle Kram;530341 wrote: The Beatles?...never heard of them :thinking:

Some band, long hair, scousers, lippy as well. Not bad at songwriting apparently.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
hoxtonchris

Claim To Fame

Post by hoxtonchris »

yep ime taking it to london,,,,,,,and if it brings big wedge ime off to the caribean!!!
Lulu2

Claim To Fame

Post by Lulu2 »

Hmmm...well, back in the distant years, a group of us sang together at various clubs around Hollywood. "Folk music," if you remember that far back. Anyhow, a quiet, sweet fellow with black-framed glasses was part of the scene, too. He sang well and wrote songs. (He was a pretty good kisser, too!)

We called him "Dutch." Later, he changed his name to John Denver.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Claim To Fame

Post by Lulu2 »

Did you grope him, Pinks?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Claim To Fame

Post by Lulu2 »

(Now, Pinksterrrrrrrr....you're talking to meeeee! TELL! :sneaky: At least you measured his tongue, right?):sneaky:
Lulu2

Claim To Fame

Post by Lulu2 »

I KNEW IT! :sneaky:
Wolverine

Claim To Fame

Post by Wolverine »

I got to pee with Tim Dwight. Former Iowa Hawkeye Reciever, returner, and track stud.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

BabyRider

Claim To Fame

Post by BabyRider »

Wolverine;530573 wrote: I got to pee with Tim Dwight. Former Iowa Hawkeye Reciever, returner, and track stud.
If I didn't know Wolvie better, I'd have some concern at his referring to any male as "stud" of anything!

(Oh yeah, I met Travis Tritt at a concert a few years ago....)
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Wolverine

Claim To Fame

Post by Wolverine »

BabyRider;530592 wrote: If I didn't know Wolvie better, I'd have some concern at his referring to any male as "stud" of anything!

(Oh yeah, I met Travis Tritt at a concert a few years ago....)

thanks for the clarification, toots.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Lulu2

Claim To Fame

Post by Lulu2 »

"(Oh yeah, I met Travis Tritt at a concert a few years ago....)"

+++++++++++ Well, yes...but did you get to pee with him?
Uncle Kram

Claim To Fame

Post by Uncle Kram »

I strummed Angus Youngs guitar at two ACDC gigs :guitarist

Uncle Kram

Claim To Fame

Post by Uncle Kram »

Wolverine;530573 wrote: I got to pee with Tim Dwight. Former Iowa Hawkeye Reciever, returner, and track stud.
Had a pee with Eddie Kidd (Motorcycle stuntman) and Jim Kerr (Simple Minds) :o

Imladris

Claim To Fame

Post by Imladris »

I've met Melvyn Hayes (very short actor type person) and I've taken part in a quiz on national radio.

Not much but that's my only claims to fame
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
kazalala

Claim To Fame

Post by kazalala »

Lenny Henry came to do a show for the airmen once when my hubby was in the RAF. It was tickets only but first come first served for seats. we got there early enough but all the front tables had been reserved for the officers! We got the chance to talk to Lenny though as we were there so early and had a word with him, he took the P out of them all night:wah: :wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Claim To Fame

Post by kazalala »

My husband is a taxi driver. One day he was asked by two old ladies to see if he could help them catch up with a bus they had missed, they were going to dover then over to France. They couldnt catch it up ands he ended up taking them all the way to Dover ( we live in Sunderland , north of England) where they caught the hover over to France. The funniest bit is they were only going on a day trip:wah: Anyway it became a bit of a story in our local papers, then in the national papers. The Sun even used it for the topic of a cartoon, and sent a laminated copy to my husband. The old ladies even went on the big breakfast show that was on Channell 4 at the time. Our local radio tried to do one of those wind up jokes on hm about it but he clocked them straight away :wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Sweet Tooth

Claim To Fame

Post by Sweet Tooth »

I met Jimmy Buffet and almost passed out! I also met most of the cast from EVAN ALMIGHTY which I happen to BE IN- 4 GOOD SHOTS! WOOHOO

Return to “General Chit Chat”