The Next Pope

Discuss the Christian Faith.
capt_buzzard

The Next Pope

Post by capt_buzzard »

Cardinal Ratzinger has said that the Roman Catholic Church and the Muslim Community in Europe should come InterCommunion together for European Peace.

Two likely bedfellows :driving:
Cass

The Next Pope

Post by Cass »

Ratzinger? thats quite a name
capt_buzzard

The Next Pope

Post by capt_buzzard »

The present Pope JP11 yesterday called for more opposition to laws he sees as threatening families based on traditional marriage.

In reference to laws in several countries permitting marriage between homosexuals, JP11 said that the family's natual structure was at stake.
Ted

The Next Pope

Post by Ted »

This pope wants to take the church back pre-Vatican II. John 23 opened the windows and let in some fresh air. This pope has shut them tight and sealed them with silicone.

Shalom

Ted :-6
Lon

The Next Pope

Post by Lon »

Since the next Pope will be one of the Cardinals, are any of them in their 40's? Wouldn't that be something, to have a youthful looking Pope that would look something like George Clooney. Why, the tabloids would go nuts. Just think of all the female converts the church would probably get.
capt_buzzard

The Next Pope

Post by capt_buzzard »

Lon wrote: Since the next Pope will be one of the Cardinals, are any of them in their 40's? Wouldn't that be something, to have a youthful looking Pope that would look something like George Clooney. Why, the tabloids would go nuts. Just think of all the female converts the church would probably get. No, most of them are over 65 years. I was thinking of applying myself
koan

The Next Pope

Post by koan »

capt_buzzard wrote: No, most of them are over 65 years. I was thinking of applying myself

I'd vote for you. :D
capt_buzzard

The Next Pope

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: I'd vote for you. :D I'm only 39 years Jack Benny's age
Clint

The Next Pope

Post by Clint »

capt_buzzard wrote: I'm only 39 years Jack Benny's age
By the time they go through the burial and selection process you could be 40.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
capt_buzzard

The Next Pope

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ted wrote: This pope wants to take the church back pre-Vatican II. John 23 opened the windows and let in some fresh air. This pope has shut them tight and sealed them with silicone.

Shalom

Ted :-6And Yes, I can see that happen pre-Vatican 11 days. It might just happen under an Opus Dei run Vatican tomorrow.

Return to “Christianity”