Them Bones

koan

Them Bones

Post by koan »

My back, neck, shoulders, hips... even my ears! crack and pop all the time. I do it on purpose at least once a day because I feel something going out of alignment or feeling tense.

Is this weird?

Do you snap crackle and pop?
WonderWendy3

Them Bones

Post by WonderWendy3 »

How do you crack your ears?? and I thought it said "lips"...and I'm just needing to take a break I think...:)

the boyfriend cracks his toes and fingers every day....ewwwweee
koan

Them Bones

Post by koan »

that's a new thing, the ears. No idea why. I just get an ache on the outside of it, press my finger against the cartilage and it cracks. *shrug*
koan

Them Bones

Post by koan »

skittles2004;584258 wrote: once or twice a day! my mom grosses out cause its loud i guess

Hooray!

Ok you're my buddy. :-4
guppy

Them Bones

Post by guppy »

i stretch and pop my lower back all the time....:thinking:
Ciao, Bella!

Them Bones

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

With my neck and back problems, I snap, crackle and pop constantly. It's often difficult to do though. The best way to get my lower back to pop to put on undergarments, or a swimsuit.

I've not been able to get the left side of my neck to pop for about three weeks now, it desperately needs to! It doesn't help that three days ago, the dr. informed me one of my bone spurs is now pressing on a spinal cord nerve. We're trying to get to a neuro who can flouroscope me for a cortisone injection. I'm a huge needle phobic, but I'm getting desperate here.
Carl44

Them Bones

Post by Carl44 »

koan;584249 wrote: My back, neck, shoulders, hips... even my ears! crack and pop all the time. I do it on purpose at least once a day because I feel something going out of alignment or feeling tense.

Is this weird?

Do you snap crackle and pop?

koanie you sound like a walking rice crispie:wah:

snap crackle and pop :wah:

ahem er yes my knee does and my right shoulder:thinking: my right elbow and my right wrist:rolleyes: it could be RSI
Betty Boop

Them Bones

Post by Betty Boop »

Is it them bones?? Or is it them ligaments?

I can crack my ankles, big toes, wrists, and knees but the doctor told me its ligaments cracking not your actual bones. :-3
koan

Them Bones

Post by koan »

A chiropractor explained the popping sound before and that it was pockets that form at the joints not the bones themselves. It's just easier to say "bones".
laneybug

Them Bones

Post by laneybug »

I crack my fingers, toes, and sometimes when I move my right ankle around it does this little popping thing. Let's see.... my neck if I roll it right, but I don't like doing that since I don't imagine it's very good for it. And my back. My back I'm always stretching. I like to get on the floor and lay flat and then I'll bring my knees to my chest in a type of roll thing and it'll pop. Oh it feels good. :rolleyes:

But yeah, it's the air in the joints that makes that cracking sound.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
Bill Sikes

Them Bones

Post by Bill Sikes »

koan;585193 wrote: A chiropractor explained the popping sound before and that it was pockets that form at the joints not the bones themselves. It's just easier to say "bones".

It's caused by cavitation - effectively a change of state from liquid to gas of

some of the synovial fluid in the joint - a bubble of vapourised fluid is created

due to reduced pressure, which subsequently collapses (turns back to liquid)

causing a "Pop!". It's probably not a good thing; cavitation will cause damage

to machinery and pipework in general, however the body is probably a little

more self-healing.

Return to “Health Wellness”