MEXICO - Dental work - Medications

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Would you go to another Country for Health Care?

I had heard & heard from people going to Mexico for Dental Care - Medications.

The whole idea scared the hell out of me. I had Dental work in Mexico - bridge and a crown and I had some old fillings removed and replaced, I didn't feel any pain NONE. Affordable $ 500.00 total.

Tuesday May 1, my sister had a full set of Dentures made for $780.00 total..

19 teeth were pulled and she received a beautiful set of Dentures. Beautiful...

She didn't feel any pain - NONE.. Priced was worth a flight from Seattle. She had been quoted thousands for Dentures in the US.

Dentures weren't the cookie cutter square one size fits all - her Dentures had depth - division, very real, absolutely looks wonderful..

Did you know many people from all over go to Mexico for their Dental?

Would you go to another Country for Health Care ?

I will continue to go to Mexico for my Dental work

can't afford not too..

Patsy
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

I would not do it. But I have bought antibiotics there in T.J.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Cin

Why? Why wouldn't you do it?

If I hadn't experienced my own Dental work in Mexico - I wouldn't let my sister go thru this trauma.

She did great - felt great - looks great, she was chewing food within 4 days.

Patsy
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Used to go there for perscriptions, the cost is much cheaper. I never had any dental work done there though.
guppy

Post by guppy »

the only concern i would have and you need ot be very careful..make sure all the instruments are sterilized inbetween patients....make sure all syringes used to give shots are disposed of...i am aware sloppy precedures happen even in the us...but i would make doubly sure in another country...if you are a visitor....just be careful
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

Patsy Warnick;609251 wrote: Cin

Why? Why wouldn't you do it?

If I hadn't experienced my own Dental work in Mexico - I wouldn't let my sister go thru this trauma.

She did great - felt great - looks great, she was chewing food within 4 days.

Patsy
I don't know, just maybe how dirty it is down there. And of course I've seen those news programs about what happens to people who get plastic surgery there. And the long drive there. I'd rather be nearer to home after going to a doctor. It just seems like a long drive just to get dental work done, when I have my own good dentist here.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I wouldn't do it either. Perhaps it's different in different parts of Mexico, but here, people just go over the Yuma border into Algodones, a crappy, dirty town, and I've seen some of the dentition that's returned. One woman's dentures were so large and poorly fitted that she couldn't close her mouth. And I'd never have any surgical procedures done there, same as Cin, the lack of cleanliness bothers me, I'd want to be near a doctor at home, and I also wouldn't trust their certifications.

I've gone over there many times to get prescriptions filled and have no problem with that.

I also won't eat there. I'd like to but I just don't trust it.
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

RedGlitter;609291 wrote: I wouldn't do it either. Perhaps it's different in different parts of Mexico, but here, people just go over the Yuma border into Algodones, a crappy, dirty town, and I've seen some of the dentition that's returned. One woman's dentures were so large and poorly fitted that she couldn't close her mouth. And I'd never have any surgical procedures done there, same as Cin, the lack of cleanliness bothers me, I'd want to be near a doctor at home, and I also wouldn't trust their certifications.

I've gone over there many times to get prescriptions filled and have no problem with that.

I also won't eat there. I'd like to but I just don't trust it.

I eat there. But my stomach is cast iron.:D

Return to “Health Wellness”