Blood Tests - Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

:mad: Why is that some bloods test really hurt people and then others hardly feel it at all :mad:

Both my children (12 and 6 years) have recently experienced very painful blood tests!! Granted, Josh my older son is not very good at dealing with pain - however he was hurt so much we have to have him completely knocked out to get any blood.

Lucy my little 6 year old is really good with dealing with anything and rarely complains - today she goes for a blood test and the damn nurse fires the needle into her so hard and hurt her throughout the process.

Is she now going to have furture problems with giving blood like Josh!!! :mad:

Sorry .... carry on ..... I feel better now for that lilttle temper tantrum :-4
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

ThePheasant;619018 wrote: Why is that some bloods test really hurt people and then others hardly feel it at all

Both my children (12 and 6 years) have recently experienced very painful blood tests!! Granted, Josh my older son is not very good at dealing with pain - however he was hurt so much we have to have him completely knocked out to get any blood.

Lucy my little 6 year old is really good with dealing with anything and rarely complains - today she goes for a blood test and the damn nurse fires the needle into her so hard and hurt her throughout the process.

Is she now going to have furture problems with giving blood like Josh!!!

Sorry .... carry on ..... I feel better now for that lilttle temper tantrum :-4

when one nurse does it stings quite a bit but when the other one does it i hardly notice must something to do with how fast they take out your blood ,but any way it does not last long and there no point making a fuss ,when it is compared to something really painfull such as a jimbo joke :wah: :wah:
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Aww, I'm sorry Pheasy...when my kids were little and had to get their vaccinations I used to cry with them...my oldest son is one of those that doesn't hurt easily...whereas the other two scream the minute you say the word "sh...sh...shot"

I hope she won't have another bad experience. I've had one in my entire life and will never forget it, but luckily not since then, and that was about 20 years ago or so.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Oh Pheasy - I'm sorry to hear that. What a nasty nurse!!:-5

I hope it's easier next time xx:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

Next time tell them you don't want The Incredible Hulk drawing the kids blood.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Here in the states I have learned a VALUABLE lesson...I am a hard stick and before they had put a port in me..they just couldn't get it...You have the right to say...

"I do not was a tech to draw my blood, or my child's, they have been traumatized in the past..and I feel its in your best intrest, and mine that the Anesthetist tech or anesthetist come do it...." and don't let them change your mind..! These people are wonderful and know where to go--do it quickly and so forth..They have so much more experience and have more training because all they do is surgical....:D You may have to wait--but a hard stick - can hurt an adult, let alone a child- who will never forget...:( I am sorry your sweet kids had to have a nasty nurse...I had one once..and I use to post about her here....Then one day she was diagnosed with cancer..and she became human....and then I showed her the page on her!! LOL....Anyway-- sorry to hi-jack....You have every right to vent..They are your kids!!!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

mominiowa;619037 wrote: Here in the states I have learned a VALUABLE lesson...I am a hard stick and before they had put a port in me..they just couldn't get it...You have the right to say...

"I do not was a tech to draw my blood, or my child's, they have been traumatized in the past..and I feel its in your best intrest, and mine that the Anesthetist tech or anesthetist come do it...." and don't let them change your mind..! These people are wonderful and know where to go--do it quickly and so forth..They have so much more experience and have more training because all they do is surgical....:D You may have to wait--but a hard stick - can hurt an adult, let alone a child- who will never forget...:( I am sorry your sweet kids had to have a nasty nurse...I had one once..and I use to post about her here....Then one day she was diagnosed with cancer..and she became human....and then I showed her the page on her!! LOL....Anyway-- sorry to hi-jack....You have every right to vent..They are your kids!!!:-4

Thanks for the advice, I will definately do this next time Lucy has to have a blood test. Unfortunatley it is too late for Josh - his fear is so bad that he has to be completely knocked out which is very traumatic.

Lucy however is alot tougher cookie, so hopefully she will not have any long term effects. Its almost like they just don't care if they hurt - I have seen excellent people who are very careful and caring - others just don't give @#&*!!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

ThePheasant;619018 wrote: :mad Both my children (12 and 6 years) have recently experienced very painful blood tests!!: -4

Pain? Surely shome mishtake. Don't let them become hysterical, and *certainly* don's let them *watch* the nurse taking the sample, that's the worst thing. Get

them to think about geranuims, or something. Perhaps something about the

reason for their having to have blood tests is the issue. If one has to be

"completely knocked out" do get a blood sample, what's going to happen when

they have a filling, or play a game of rugby?

Return to “Health Wellness”