Is 50 Old?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Paula

Is 50 Old?

Post by Paula »

My husband is turning 50 this year. It scares my to know we are getting up in the years? I know we have some time left, but it doesn't seem like much, it's moving too fast. :-1
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
persephone

Is 50 Old?

Post by persephone »

It's so old I couldn't even begin to imagine being that old... Don't be so silly, people now days live to be 90-100+

You are only as old as you feel, and if you feel old before your time then you will be old.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Tombstone

Is 50 Old?

Post by Tombstone »

Not too old!

But being a guy turning 50 can be a drag since you have to start checking regularly for prostrate and colon cancer.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Is 50 Old?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone wrote: Not too old!

But being a guy turning 50 can be a drag since you have to start checking regularly for prostrate and colon cancer. eh Tombstone. I had that checked out five years ago. All engines go go go :wah:
Paula

Is 50 Old?

Post by Paula »

yes those important areas need checking, as his father has prostate cancer but it is dormant as the mother treats him with homeopathic remedies. testing is important. :(
rachelg

Is 50 Old?

Post by rachelg »

I don't think 50 is old, but I do think it can be a wake up call to some that their life is marching on and that they need to take time to do the things that matter :guitarist My wake up call came with losing my best friend to cancer at the age of 42. Just when you think you have your whole life ahead of you... :(
Lon

Is 50 Old?

Post by Lon »

I passed 50 20 years ago. I didn't feel old then, and don't feel old now. Some people are old at 40, look it and act it. Genes has a lot to do with it and I am blessed with good genes. I still scuba dive to 100 ft., play volleyball, and can beat most pudgy 40 year olds at squash. By the way--------I would recommend a Prostate Check (PSA) starting at age 40, age 35 if you are African American.
Cass

Is 50 Old?

Post by Cass »

My husband just turned 55 (I just turned 40)

I feel older than he is! he is just the same as he was at 50 or 45 - no different ~ age is in your head!

I on the other hand was 30 when I was 15...
abbey

Is 50 Old?

Post by abbey »

I've just turned 46 and i'll probably upset y'all but i'm dreading the number 50, yea yea i know its not old, but i felt exactly the same at 30 and at 40.

Maybe its because i could'nt have children and so did'nt age the same as my friends, i sometimes relate more to their children than i do them!! my b/f is 10 years younger than me so maybe that has something to do with it.. ;)
weeder

Is 50 Old?

Post by weeder »

It better not be.... Ill be 53 tomorrow.. I cant believe it...I never really thought I looked old... until actually very recently. It really doesnt bother me though. Looking into the bright shining eyes of someone young,is a lovely feeling. Its almost the same as appreciating nature. But looking into the eyes of someone older...if theyre a kind hearted person..is a very comforting feeling. I am very grateful that I have been healthy. Nothing debilitating, that worries me a bit.Hoping the good health will last.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Paula

Is 50 Old?

Post by Paula »

I am just 48! YIPPIE....i am still young enough to date a younger man, no i won't do that, i can still ride a bike, and i can still drink (the drinkers) under the table. Holding at 48, as long as i can. The one thing i need is to get rid of some FAT. no smoking i am eating more, but no cigarettes again. :mad:
CARLA

Is 50 Old?

Post by CARLA »

:yh_party :yh_party HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEDER..!! HOPE IT'S A SPECIAL DAY..!!

I will be 58 in September...It is a wakeup call, no matter how you look at it. I don't feel old.. But the body does start giving you little hints that you may have played just a bit to much in your YOUTH..!! ;)

I have alway be a very physically active person...Lots of sports, exercise.. and just very busy.. Well the past year, and half I just stopped doing sports, and exercise, for no special reason, just stopped.. I even kept very active all through MENAPAUSE..But lately my get up and go, got up and went.. Just making it to work is an effort..!! I JUST GOT LAZY, AND I FEEL IT.. MY BODY ACHES, I HAVE PUT ON WEIGHT.. UGGH...

So remember this, keep active, eat right, see your doctor for regular check up, and most important of all LOWER YOUR STRESS LEVELS.. and don't be so hard on yourself.. :cool:

I'M SLOWLY GETTING BACK MY EXERCISE ROUTINE... FOR ME THAT'S KEY. I DO HAVE A MANY SKELATAL PROBLEM...BODY HAS TAKEN A BEATEN.. EXERCISE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN KEEP THE PAIN, AND STIFFNESS AWAY.. SO OFF MY BUTT, AND OUT FOR A WALK..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

matureman

Is 50 Old?

Post by matureman »

tmbsgrl;23098 wrote: Paula,

50 is not old. it is mature. My dad is turning 50 in June. He acts like he is 20. he is doing things now that he has never done. He amazes me. You are only as old as you feel. You seem like you still have a lot of spunk!

thank god for that, :guitarist
Nomad

Is 50 Old?

Post by Nomad »

Next day delivery and lowest price guarantee.

Cause...well you know, youre 50.

http://www.casketsite.com/
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hope6

Is 50 Old?

Post by Hope6 »

I like to think 50 is not old! i've got a birthday in about a month and i will be 41 and will have less than 10 years before i reach 50!

i like to think you're as old as you feel, if so then i'm about 16 a lot of the time because i tend to give off a very childish quality at times, then if i've had a hard day on the farm and am all stiff and sore, i feel about 100! :D
Lon

Is 50 Old?

Post by Lon »

Good question--------I happen to live in a retirement community of 3,000 individual homes and about 5,400 people where the average age is 71. Most young people would say we are a community of old people, however, the majority of the residents are fairly affluent and quite active physically. Some of the residents look, act and no doubt feel old, but they would be the exception. I think there is a direct correlation between finances and how you look and feel and act. Have you ever noticed that really poor old folks look old and act old. People with means have the money, insurance etc. to take care of themselves physically, eat well and live well. Example----look at some of the aging show biz folks, they don't look or act as old as their poor peer group.

http://www.suncityroseville.org/
CARLA

Is 50 Old?

Post by CARLA »

50 is nothing try 60 then your really working things. I will be 61 in September dang how the hell did that happen. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

koan

Is 50 Old?

Post by koan »

I used to think 50 was old. It's like a Spring chicken now. :D
Tan

Is 50 Old?

Post by Tan »

Paula;23039 wrote: My husband is turning 50 this year. It scares my to know we are getting up in the years? I know we have some time left, but it doesn't seem like much, it's moving too fast. :-1

No.
Tan
CARLA

Is 50 Old?

Post by CARLA »

Yes I did love them veggies. Now if I eat to many I get GAS.. :wah::wah:

[QUOTE]You ate all your veggies like your momma taught you? [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

BTS

Is 50 Old?

Post by BTS »

OMG...........

Heard today while driving that MR. Obama turned I think it was 47 years young...........

Being 52 this COULD be the first tyme in my life I would be older than our president.........

What was that again?

Oh yes:

You are ONLY as old as you feel....

:-3

There it REALLY works........ now I feel younger already repeating that out loud......:wah::wah:
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
mrsK

Is 50 Old?

Post by mrsK »

Fifties have been Fantastic.:-4

Sixties are going to be Sensational..........................................I hope,when I get there:sneaky::wah::-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Is 50 Old?

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

From where i'm standing (at 38) 50 seems bloody ancient (to me) but i'm sure it'll come around soon enough and catch me up.:driving:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
sunny104

Is 50 Old?

Post by sunny104 »

I don't think 50 is old.

112 is old! :D
shelbell

Is 50 Old?

Post by shelbell »

50 isn't old. Hubby has just 2 1/2 years left and I have 6 years left before we hit that number. If anyone gives me a hard time about my age, I just tell them "If I weren't getting older, I'd be dead"...I much prefer getting older. :wah:
Hope6

Is 50 Old?

Post by Hope6 »

you either get old or die young!

i prefer getting older, as long as i'm in good health!

but being in my 40's is a little unnerving for me, i have never been bothered by my age before but this is bothering me a little! :(
Lon

Is 50 Old?

Post by Lon »

Hope6;943701 wrote: you either get old or die young!

i prefer getting older, as long as i'm in good health!

but being in my 40's is a little unnerving for me, i have never been bothered by my age before but this is bothering me a little! :(

Why?
Hope6

Is 50 Old?

Post by Hope6 »

Lon;943705 wrote: Why?

i don't know, just something about when i hit 40, i got to thinking more about my age!

that old song keeps running through my head, something about i'm on the backside of 30, the short side of time! :wah: i can't remember it's name! :thinking:

i'll be 41 in about 3 weeks and it just dawned on me the other day that i've only got 9 years and i'll be 50!
shelbell

Is 50 Old?

Post by shelbell »

Hope6;943707 wrote: i don't know, just something about when i hit 40, i got to thinking more about my age!

that old song keeps running through my head, something about i'm on the backside of 30, the short side of time! :wah: i can't remember it's name! :thinking:

i'll be 41 in about 3 weeks and it just dawned on me the other day that i've only got 9 years and i'll be 50!

Only 9 yrs? I've only got 6! You're still a youngin. :wah:
Clint

Is 50 Old?

Post by Clint »

When I hit 30 I thought I was old.

When I hit 40 I thought I was old.

When I hit 50 I thought I was old.

When I hit 60 I realized I'd wasted 30 years thinking I was old.

Now I feel young!
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Hope6

Is 50 Old?

Post by Hope6 »

shelbell;943711 wrote: Only 9 yrs? I've only got 6! You're still a youngin. :wah:

well that makes me feel a little better! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Hope6

Is 50 Old?

Post by Hope6 »

Clint;943716 wrote: When I hit 30 I thought I was old.

When I hit 40 I thought I was old.

When I hit 50 I thought I was old.

When I hit 60 I realized I'd wasted 30 years thinking I was old.

Now I feel young!

oh wow, i need start thinking that way now then, i don't want to waste any time thinking i'm old, lifes to short as it is!
A.W.

Is 50 Old?

Post by A.W. »

50 is only old if you make it to be.I'll be turning 50 in July and I'm looking forward to it.I still have my sense of humor and adventure,but it's tempered by maturity.I still feel young,but at the same time I feel mature and can do some things better now than when I was 20 or 30.I feel that I'm entering the second phase of my life,and I plan to make it a great one.:-6
Snooz

Is 50 Old?

Post by Snooz »

What a lovely post. You should change your "I am" status to something other than sad, you sound like you're an optimistic person.
spot

Is 50 Old?

Post by spot »

A.W.;1355079 wrote: I still feel young,but at the same time I feel mature and can do some things better now than when I was 20 or 30.I'd be interested to hear what they are.

At school I found an article about skin-absorbed carcinogens, remembered what I'd done in the chemistry laboratory and spent the next fifteen years absolutely convinced I'd not reach 30, it was more a shock than a surprise to get there. I think that's made a permanent difference to the way I behave, I can't remember a time since school when I've not honestly believed I had less than two years left.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Is 50 Old?

Post by LarsMac »

I cam across some family pics, the other day. They are from when my parents were turning fifty.

They looked so young then.

When I turned fifty it was no big deal. Only time I notice my age is when I do something silly, like playing football with the grandkids.

Ibuprofen is my friend.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
chonsigirl

Is 50 Old?

Post by chonsigirl »

No, 50 isn't old. You can still do almost anything you want to.
ur_next_ex

Is 50 Old?

Post by ur_next_ex »

Of course that means 30 is the new 12. . . .
martha

Is 50 Old?

Post by martha »

Next year I will be fifty. When I look in the mirror I'm so discourage! I tell myself I'm waiting for my age to catch up to the wrinkles on my face. Yea I realize this is all self pity but I cant' stop myself from seeing the aging of my body. Funny I see the world renewing itself with technological advances yet can't see the same for my body. Think this has something to do with hope in the future. The world doesn't operate on my timepiece. A new generation is always replacing what went before; for that I'm so grateful.

I'm also grateful for all the people who had to get old before and died with dignity. Being old doesn't mean forgotten. I know that is a cliche, but it's the truth.

One favorable aspect about being older than my kids is I can tell myself how happy I am I'm not in their shoes anymore and don't do the immature and inexperienced antics they do. They may have more energy than me they they don't use it very wisely, they arent as efficient in the use of what they have.

Older people have certain advantages over young people but since this isn't a competition I will try to a mature forty niner. The gold rush occured in forty nine. Never forget.
Nomad

Is 50 Old?

Post by Nomad »

martha;1355396 wrote: Older people have certain advantages over young people

Indeed.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Is 50 Old?

Post by spot »

martha;1355396 wrote: I can tell myself how happy I am I'm not in their shoes anymore and don't do the immature and inexperienced antics they do.Opps. I knew there was something I could give up for Lent, maybe that's it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General Chit Chat”