Emphaseyma?

SuzyB

Emphaseyma?

Post by SuzyB »

Pinky;641864 wrote: Does anyone know anything about this?

I thought I'd ask here, as quite a few people seem to know bits and pieces about different conditions. I know it's a disease of the lungs, but can anyone tell me anything more?

I'm asking because my dad's not been well for a while and the Doc's told him it's a possibility that his ongoing illness could be emphaseyma. Pretty weird, as that's what his dad died of, his mum also died through lung probs.

It can be quite nasty Pinks, my friends Mum has it, had to give up smoking and is now on oxygen 24/7.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

SuzyB

Emphaseyma?

Post by SuzyB »

Pinky;641868 wrote: Yeah, oxygen masks did spring to mind. Luckily he has quit smoking already. Kinda makes me think about quitting too.

She has them tubes up her nose.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Bill Sikes

Emphaseyma?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Emphysema.

http://www.surgerydoor.co.uk/medical_co ... hysema.htm

"Smoker's lung". Also caused by breathing heavily polluted air, e.g. during a job of work. Rarely, hereditary.
Bryn Mawr

Emphaseyma?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I thought I'd ask here, as quite a few people seem to know bits and pieces about different conditions. I know it's a disease of the lungs, but can anyone tell me anything more?

I'm asking because my dad's not been well for a while and the Doc's told him it's a possibility that his ongoing illness could be emphaseyma. Pretty weird, as that's what his dad died of, his mum also died through lung probs.

Try under its other name of chronic obstructive pulminary disorder - too many sites to quote
observer1

Emphaseyma?

Post by observer1 »

My mom passed away from it in December 2005. It's terrible. It's usually caused by smoking... which, unfortunately, I STILL do. It's a horrible way to watch someone you love go. She was on oxygen 24/7 & her mind started to go at the end too. I'm assuming that was from the lack of oxygen to her brain. I don't want my daughter or grandchildren to see me suffer that way. Toward the end, I just wanted God to take her so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

Return to “Health Wellness”