Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
nvalleyvee

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by nvalleyvee »

We have not been able to afford to get her spayed and she is 1 year old this week. She had a heat 2.5 months ago. I have never had an unspayed dog. You should have seen the un-eutered dogs that came to the house!. $140.00 to get her spayed!

We have a fenced yard and I doubt any male can get in here. HELP!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by nvalleyvee »

almostfamous;645231 wrote: Awww :wah: yeah, I'm sure those males are beside themselves. 140 seems so steep though but it has been a while since I've had a female. Good Luck :o :)

It used to be $65.00 12 years ago.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by nvalleyvee »

almostfamous;645237 wrote: That sounds about like what I remember. That sucks girl. Whatcha thinking about doin'?

I'm thnking she going through heats until I can afford to get her fixed. She is TRAPPED in a very fenced yard now.
nvalleyvee

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by nvalleyvee »

almostfamous;645245 wrote: Well that's good :)

Until some jumper gets in the yard.............WAAAAAAAA
nvalleyvee

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by nvalleyvee »

almostfamous;645249 wrote: yeaaaah, that will present a problem :( . just have a bb gun on standby ;)

Pellet guns and BB guns......prevents fence jumpers......HAHAHAHHA
RedGlitter

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by RedGlitter »

NVV,

A determined dog can get in the best of fences and puppies are more expensive than even spaying! I agree that's a lot of cash but prices are going up everywhere. Plus the female costs more because it's more invasive and extensive of an operation compared to neutering a male. Far more blood as well.

I don't know what's in NM, but they might have some low cost clinic or rescue org that will help you get a better deal. Have you tried looking around??
Peg

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by Peg »

WOW! I just had my dog spayed 2 weeks ago and it was $85. The local humane society paid $50 of that. Have you checked with your local humane society?
buttercup

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by buttercup »

Do you have P.D.S.A? They do it for free.
RedGlitter

Yannna is 1 yeaar old

Post by RedGlitter »

NVV,

Here is a site with low-cost spay programs in areas of NM. Please check it out.

http://www.petroglyphsnm.org/insertinfo/spayneuter.html

Return to “Pet Advice Support”