Why my heart

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
maccat

Why my heart

Post by maccat »

We use the term, the love in my heart or I love you with all my heart. Does anyone know where the idea of love and your heart come from. Is it to do with the fact that your heart is what keeps you alive? I mean why don't we say, my kdney belongs to you. Or from the bottom of my spleen. Please someone help solve my dilema.
RedGlitter

Why my heart

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm going to take a guess and say that it has to do with the pain felt in the heart or chest area when you are apart from your loved one. That and as you said, the heart's role in keeping us alive. :)

Hey- I'll get those photos to you. Didn't forget or blow you off, just got sidetracked, but they'll be coming.
KB.

Why my heart

Post by KB. »

In the past the heart was considered the center of functionality of the human body; by that I mean it was considered the brain. The heart beats, it beats faster whn we are excited, and slows when we are calm. We can feel the beat of another's heart when they are close to us. Context clues is all you really need to answer the question.
Life ain't linear.
Pheasy

Why my heart

Post by Pheasy »

maccat;655268 wrote: We use the term, the love in my heart or I love you with all my heart. Does anyone know where the idea of love and your heart come from. Is it to do with the fact that your heart is what keeps you alive? I mean why don't we say, my kdney belongs to you. Or from the bottom of my spleen. Please someone help solve my dilema.

:wah: :wah:

I love you with all my tonsils :D
Nomad

Why my heart

Post by Nomad »

maccat;655268 wrote: We use the term, the love in my heart or I love you with all my heart. Does anyone know where the idea of love and your heart come from. Is it to do with the fact that your heart is what keeps you alive? I mean why don't we say, my kdney belongs to you. Or from the bottom of my spleen. Please someone help solve my dilema.

Actually that is what I say.

What is this heart business about ? :confused:
I AM AWESOME MAN
KB.

Why my heart

Post by KB. »

Nomad;655696 wrote: Actually that is what I say.

What is this heart business about ? :confused:

It is what Ishmael said as well.
Life ain't linear.

Return to “General Chit Chat”