Trapped Wind

abbey

Trapped Wind

Post by abbey »

About 45 minutes ago i had the worst pain ever, it started in the stomach & sent pains into my chest and arms,

I really thought i was having a heart attack and called my neice to take me to the hospital.

Half way there, the pain just stopped, if someone had told me that pain could stop so sudden i would'nt have believed them.

How do i prevent it in the future?

Anyone suffer from it?

This was a really serious blow to me, it's shown me just how vulnerable i am. :(
Lon

Trapped Wind

Post by Lon »

abbey;672606 wrote: About 45 minutes ago i had the worst pain ever, it started in the stomach & sent pains into my chest and arms,

I really thought i was having a heart attack and called my neice to take me to the hospital.

Half way there, the pain just stopped, if someone had told me that pain could stop so sudden i would'nt have believed them.

Anyone suffer from it?

This was a really serious blow to me, it's shown me just how vulnerable i am. :(

Abbey, There is no way that anyone on this Forum could, or should, try to tell you how to prevent what occurred to you. See a doctor and get some professional advice.
minks

Trapped Wind

Post by minks »

abbey;672606 wrote: About 45 minutes ago i had the worst pain ever, it started in the stomach & sent pains into my chest and arms,

Anyone suffer from it?

Especially frightening when you live alone. How to avoid it hmmm well eat slowly this reduces huge gulps of air taken in with each mouthful. Try to keep talking and laughing to a minimum when you eat. Sit upright when you eat don't hunch over. Drink carbonated drinks slowly and out of a glass as opposed to bottle or can, much of the air is then released into the air.

What helps ease it or get things moving believe it or not is firm rubbing of the belly like you were pushing the air along the way out.

I have had episodes like this they are no fun and those are a few things I try to do.

Good luck hun, and if things happen like that again that bad, you may wanna hit up the Dr. there likely is better advise.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Trapped Wind

Post by Betty Boop »

I suffered with that once a few days after having my daughter, the pain was immense, a friend was with me at the time that just happened to be a nurse, she quickly realised what was happening and made me drink some lemonade. Thank god its never happened to me since.

Did you make it to the hospital and get checked out then?
CARLA

Trapped Wind

Post by CARLA »

Abbey Lon is right see a doctor and get it figured out. ;)

I will tell you I have had similar episodes and was put through a battery of test to find out is was Acid Reflux and put me on perscribed medicine. But I saw a physician to rule out everything. Please do the same kiddo could be acid, galbladder, heart who knows, you need to see a physician.

[QUOTE]Abbey, There is no way that anyone on this Forum could, or should, try to tell you how to prevent what occurred to you. See a doctor and get some professional advice.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

joesoap

Trapped Wind

Post by joesoap »

Hi,

Yes you most certainly need to see a health professional. I have suffered for years with a thing called diverticular disease. I get a pain in my lower left side at just bellow my navel level; That is my signal that i am going to have a bout of it. The pain is terrible and is only temporarily relived when I pass wind. It comes on without warning and if I am outdoors I sometimes don't have enough time to get to the toilet and I lose bowel control:-1

Unfortunately the medical people know so little about my particular condition that they have given up and can only offer a colostomy.

I hope you get sorted out and that it is nothing too serious?

bst wishes,

Paul.
chonsigirl

Trapped Wind

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh abbey, go have a doctor check it out.:)

Return to “Health Wellness”