Investment Counelor

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
nvalleyvee

Investment Counelor

Post by nvalleyvee »

I just got a bit of money. Any suggestions on retirement growth and investment?
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Clint

Investment Counelor

Post by Clint »

nvalleyvee;674083 wrote: I just got a bit of money. Any suggestions on retirement growth and investment?

The Clint fund? :D
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
RedGlitter

Investment Counelor

Post by RedGlitter »

Spaying Yanna?
Lon

Investment Counelor

Post by Lon »

nvalleyvee;674083 wrote: I just got a bit of money. Any suggestions on retirement growth and investment?

Do a Google on Vanguard. They have many mutual funds that have very, very low costs with explanations of each fund. No salesman, no fees or commissions. If you are new to investing and can put the money away for at least five years without touching it, I would suggest Vanguard's Star Fund.the Star fund has a minimum investment of $3,000. If you don't have an IRA, you may wish to put the Star Fund into your IRA. You can open an account online using Vanguard tutorials. I have a number of investments with Vanguard and use them for my own IRA account.
gmc

Investment Counelor

Post by gmc »

Don't know about the states but here as well as google searches I would also suggest you speak to several independent financial advisers-cross reference the advice and wait till you are sure you understand what is being recommended and why.
spot

Investment Counelor

Post by spot »

Put a fraction of it into gold coin - maybe a quarter of it. Find a large reputable supplier who'll sell you one-ounce gold coins at no more than 5% above the spot bullion price. Buy them and put them somewhere safe. They're likely to buy more in the future than they can buy now. They can't crash, fold or fail entirely. They're a fallback if things go wrong with investments in general. If investments in general go wrong the gold will be worth quite a bit more than you paid for it, it's a hedge of sorts.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”