A Special Ship For Seniors

Lon

Post by Lon »

There are any number of special living arrangements for seniors depending on their finances, health and preference. How about a ship, equipped with small apartments, complete with state of the art medical facilities. Younger or more fit seniors would be in the front of the ship where there would be a pool, jogging track, gym, dance floor etc. The middle of the ship would be for less active seniors with more limited activities like crocheting, reading, chess etc.

The aft of the ship would carry the seniors with diminished capacity. This would be more of a Hospice arrangement with a crematory at the extreme aft. Creamated remains scatted at sea, or, you could even have a "Soylent Green" facility.
libertine

Post by libertine »

Nix the Soylent Green but otherwise I'd vote for that!!

Have you received via e-mail the 'joke' lately about living on a cruise ship for about $135 a day as opposed to assisssted living at $200/day?

It is clever. :wah:
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

More Power for Seniors. Let us hear from you, over 50s:p
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

Lon wrote: There are any number of special living arrangements for seniors depending on their finances, health and preference. How about a ship, equipped with small apartments, complete with state of the art medical facilities. Younger or more fit seniors would be in the front of the ship where there would be a pool, jogging track, gym, dance floor etc. The middle of the ship would be for less active seniors with more limited activities like crocheting, reading, chess etc.

The aft of the ship would carry the seniors with diminished capacity. This would be more of a Hospice arrangement with a crematory at the extreme aft. Creamated remains scatted at sea, or, you could even have a "Soylent Green" facility.

Who are you talking about Lon!

People who have the money to afford these things."? If in fact they have a family who was willing and able to take care of them! Wouldn't that in fact be the ultimate situation!

I took care of mom for 9 months, had her in diapers. She weighed 80 pounds!

I would never ever exchange that for a ship equipped with ANYTHING.

Do you actually think that being on a 'ShiP' with limited activities......jogging gym and all the other stupid make up activities that wealthy people are privey to make up for staying with your family!

You sound like you're never ever had someone who loved you more than anyone in the whole world. Love and caring doesn't cost a penny. You don't buy it, it's not for sale AND it's not's usually carried oujt on Cruise "Ships"

I am so sorry for you. I really mean that! IF, your'e just "dreaming" then forgive me. We all dont' have children and if we don't then what you're suggested woujld certainly be wonderful!

xxxxooo

Mama

xxxxxxxxoooooooooo.
Lon

Post by Lon »

LoveMama wrote: Who are you talking about Lon!

People who have the money to afford these things."? If in fact they have a family who was willing and able to take care of them! Wouldn't that in fact be the ultimate situation!

I took care of mom for 9 months, had her in diapers. She weighed 80 pounds!

I would never ever exchange that for a ship equipped with ANYTHING.

Do you actually think that being on a 'ShiP' with limited activities......jogging gym and all the other stupid make up activities that wealthy people are privey to make up for staying with your family!

You sound like you're never ever had someone who loved you more than anyone in the whole world. Love and caring doesn't cost a penny. You don't buy it, it's not for sale AND it's not's usually carried oujt on Cruise "Ships"

I am so sorry for you. I really mean that! IF, your'e just "dreaming" then forgive me. We all dont' have children and if we don't then what you're suggested woujld certainly be wonderful!

xxxxooo

Mama

xxxxxxxxoooooooooo.

OOOWEEE MAMA!!! Lighten up--------I'm 70 years old and before long they will be hauling my buns off to the back of the ship. The post was a little tongue in cheek love.

Return to “Retirement Activities”