Colonoscopy ......

nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

:lips:

I am soooo not looking forward to this. I always look at a good butt rheaming......NEVER!!!! I've heard that after 36 hours of STARVATION I will get really good drugs. That would be good for everyone concerned because I will be a flaming starving bytch.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Lon

Colonoscopy ......

Post by Lon »

nvalleyvee;692895 wrote: :lips:

I am soooo not looking forward to this. I always look at a good butt rheaming......NEVER!!!! I've heard that after 36 hours of STARVATION I will get really good drugs. That would be good for everyone concerned because I will be a flaming starving bytch.

Don't sweat it love. It ain't that bad. I've had three. Just tell the doc not to make any U turns. The drugs they give you to relax will make the whole thing almost enjoyable.
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

Lon;692897 wrote: Don't sweat it love. It ain't that bad. I've had three. Just tell the doc not to make any U turns. The drugs they give you to relax will make the whole thing almost enjoyable.

LOL.........I heard it isn't bad anymore. My cancer history is making it mandatory. So is my age.........LOL
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Lon

Colonoscopy ......

Post by Lon »

nvalleyvee;692899 wrote: LOL.........I heard it isn't bad anymore. My cancer history is making it mandatory. So is my age.........LOL

My age as well, plus, I had two benign polyps removed on the first one. That was quite painless.
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

Lon;692900 wrote: My age as well, plus, I had two benign polyps removed on the first one. That was quite painless.

So we are the "older" people here. BTS is going with me because the drugs are supposed to make me REALLY stupid for the rest of the day.

Thanks Lon........I feel a lot less nervous.
RedGlitter

Colonoscopy ......

Post by RedGlitter »

NVV, I've never had one but I remember both my parents having them and the dreading it seemed to be the worst part for both of them. That and drinking that stuff they give you. They both said the actual procedure wasn't a big deal because the drugs relaxed them so much they didn't care and weren't really aware of anything being done. If I remember correctly, my mom was still a bit loopy for a while after the procedure. They just kept her on watch until she was back to normal.

I'm sure you'll be fine. I expect it's like Pap tests and breast exams, we hate those things but we have to do them for our own good. Yucck, huh? :cool:
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

RedGlitter;692913 wrote: NVV, I've never had one but I remember both my parents having them and the dreading it seemed to be the worst part for both of them. That and drinking that stuff they give you. They both said the actual procedure wasn't a big deal because the drugs relaxed them so much they didn't care and weren't really aware of anything being done. If I remember correctly, my mom was still a bit loopy for a while after the procedure. They just kept her on watch until she was back to normal.

I'm sure you'll be fine. I expect it's like Pap tests and breast exams, we hate those things but we have to do them for our own good. Yucck, huh? :cool:

It isn't going to be anything like breast or OBGYN. They told me the drugs they are going to give me will be like "date rape" drugs and BTS has to be there for me until Thursday. LMFAO.........I just hate the thought of not eating for 40 hours. I bought case of Gatorade and made 8 cups of green Jello. There is NO WAY I will be denied this test once I'm denied food!!!!!!!!! NOT FUNNY!!!!
RedGlitter

Colonoscopy ......

Post by RedGlitter »

Believe me, I'm not laughing. If I had to do this test, I'd hate it too. The drugs sound good though. I mean as far as making it possibly a little emotionally easier on you.
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

RedGlitter;692921 wrote: Believe me, I'm not laughing. If I had to do this test, I'd hate it too. The drugs sound good though. I mean as far as making it possibly a little emotionally easier on you.

Thanks for making me feel better....:)
RedGlitter

Colonoscopy ......

Post by RedGlitter »

nvalleyvee;692923 wrote: Thanks for making me feel better....:)

:)

You'll be fine, NVV. It'll be over before you know it.
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

RedGlitter;692924 wrote: :)

You'll be fine, NVV. It'll be over before you know it.

DRUGS.....DRUGS..........and MORE DRUGS................:yh_rotfl

This is a sign of someone who HATES PAIN..........:wah:
YZGI

Colonoscopy ......

Post by YZGI »

I hear that procedure is a real bummer.:D
minks

Colonoscopy ......

Post by minks »

Good luck NV, I vaguely remember mine. My daughter is going in for her second one next month, YAY drugs.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
RedGlitter

Colonoscopy ......

Post by RedGlitter »

nvalleyvee;692925 wrote: DRUGS.....DRUGS..........and MORE DRUGS................:yh_rotfl

This is a sign of someone who HATES PAIN..........:wah:

Others would know more than I would about this, but I'm pretty positive you won't be feeling any pain, NVV. At least I don't remember hearing about any.
minks

Colonoscopy ......

Post by minks »

RedGlitter;693173 wrote: Others would know more than I would about this, but I'm pretty positive you won't be feeling any pain, NVV. At least I don't remember hearing about any.

according to my daughter she felt no pain NV. And she is the planets biggest wimp. She was well drugged.

― Mae West
YZGI

Colonoscopy ......

Post by YZGI »

minks;693175 wrote: according to my daughter she felt no pain NV. And she is the planets biggest wimp. She was well drugged.
I want one I want one.:rolleyes:
minks

Colonoscopy ......

Post by minks »

YZGI;693176 wrote: I want one I want one.:rolleyes:

are you kidding me :-2

― Mae West
YZGI

Colonoscopy ......

Post by YZGI »

minks;693181 wrote: are you kidding me :-2
I meant the drugs.:wah:
Mia

Colonoscopy ......

Post by Mia »

I don't understand why they are saying 36/40 hours of starvation.In the uk you are given a very strong laxative to drink the day before,and boy, is it strong.Then you only fast from around midnight before your next day procedure.And yes,the relaxing drugs really space you out...lol.
minks

Colonoscopy ......

Post by minks »

YZGI;693182 wrote: I meant the drugs.:wah:

*slinks back to the minks cave*

― Mae West
Nomad

Colonoscopy ......

Post by Nomad »

Lon;692897 wrote: Don't sweat it love. It ain't that bad. I've had three. Just tell the doc not to make any U turns. The drugs they give you to relax will make the whole thing almost enjoyable.

I knew you were freaky !
I AM AWESOME MAN
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

Well, it did not hurt whatsoever. It took 20 minutes to IV me because chemo destroyed my veins. I had a great guy trying to IV me...he finally found a vessel that runs along my index finger. I was very impressed. I did have 2 polyps taken out and sent to biopsy but I am not very worried about that. Guess what!!!!!!! My ass has quit bleeding........:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
booradley

Colonoscopy ......

Post by booradley »

worrying about something is always worse than the reality

bet you're glad it's over and done with. Here...have a gold star for being brave ; )
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

booradley;694605 wrote: worrying about something is always worse than the reality

bet you're glad it's over and done with. Here...have a gold star for being brave ; )

Thanks........and that is great advice for everyone - me especially...:)
RedGlitter

Colonoscopy ......

Post by RedGlitter »

See, we knew you'd do fine, NVV!

Glad it's over and that you can stop worrying now. :)
nvalleyvee

Colonoscopy ......

Post by nvalleyvee »

I am cancer free. WOOHOO!!!
RedGlitter

Colonoscopy ......

Post by RedGlitter »

nvalleyvee;701876 wrote: I am cancer free. WOOHOO!!!

All Right!!! Congratulations, NVV!!! :-6 :-6 :-6
Uncle Kram

Colonoscopy ......

Post by Uncle Kram »

I found the examination the worst part. I could feel his fingers inside me but was a little perturbed on glancing over my shoulder to see him rubbing his hands together.:o

But seriously, you'll be fine - a very straightforward procedure . I look forward to seeing the DVD.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Nomad

Colonoscopy ......

Post by Nomad »

magenta flame;701947 wrote: Woop woop !!! that's great news

Have to say I've never needed one of these intrusions and I hope I never have to.

Come to daddy......

I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Health Wellness”