Ohio

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
mikeinie

Ohio

Post by mikeinie »

We just got back from vacation during which we spent a week in the Cleveland Ohio area.

I just want to say that there was not one place, store, anything where we did not get the most friendly service. Everyone one we met was really nice. I went into a pub with my brother in law, and there was a group of people at the bar, when they heard I was from Ireland they started buying me drinks as I was a visitor, we didn't even know these people.

I was very impressed, very nice people.:driving:
YZGI

Ohio

Post by YZGI »

mikeinie;712168 wrote: We just got back from vacation during which we spent a week in the Cleveland Ohio area.

I just want to say that there was not one place, store, anything where we did not get the most friendly service. Everyone one we met was really nice. I went into a pub with my brother in law, and there was a group of people at the bar, when they heard I was from Ireland they started buying me drinks as I was a visitor, we didn't even know these people.

It's like that pretty much in the whole midwest.
SlipStream

Ohio

Post by SlipStream »

mikeinie;712168 wrote: We just got back from vacation during which we spent a week in the Cleveland Ohio area.

aint many place's like that.
WonderWendy3

Ohio

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I am glad to hear that Mike....I know I would've bought you a drink in a minute!!:-4
sunny104

Ohio

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;712169 wrote: It's like that pretty much in the whole midwest.

and we're even nicer in the south! :p :D :wah:
minks

Ohio

Post by minks »

Me to Mike would have bought you a drink here too. It's awesome to be treated like the guest of honor.

Glad you enjoyed your self.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
sunny104

Ohio

Post by sunny104 »

WonderWendy3;712174 wrote: I am glad to hear that Mike....I know I would've bought you a drink in a minute!!:-4

we must get you two together...:yh_think :D
Peg

Ohio

Post by Peg »

EVERYTHING in Ohio is great! :sneaky:
weeder

Ohio

Post by weeder »

Americans LOVE people from over seas. Charmed by your accent. Interested in your culture. I am so glad you had a good experience
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
WonderWendy3

Ohio

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Peg;712343 wrote: EVERYTHING in Ohio is great!

Ummmmm, except for this ONE woman....I hear she's a bit touched!!

:wah::wah::wah:

Love ya PEG!!!!:-4
Peg

Ohio

Post by Peg »

WonderWendy3;712363 wrote: Ummmmm, except for this ONE woman....I hear she's a bit touched!!

Oh? You must be talking about my neighbor! :wah:
Nomad

Ohio

Post by Nomad »

I like that song Ohio by The Pretenders. Also The Ohio Players knew how to get a funk on back in the day. Otherwise Ive never been there.
I AM AWESOME MAN
mikeinie

Ohio

Post by mikeinie »

Thanks everyone…. the next round is on me!:driving::guitarist:yh_party
Kathy Ellen

Ohio

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Mike,

I'm happy that you had a good time in Ohio. See, there are nice Americans everywhere. There are also so many generous Irish people....too generous though. They line up your drinks and offer you tons of cigarettes. I tell them that I don't smoke , and they tell me to save them for my friends:wah:
mikeinie

Ohio

Post by mikeinie »

I think the tightest people that I have ever met are the Norwegians. Beautiful country, very very nice people, but they would never put their hand in their wallets.

When I was there I met a group of girls and guys in a bar and was hanging out with them. I bought a couple of rounds, thinking nothing of it, and they seemed surprised and overly grateful. I soon realised that no one was buying back in return so I let the next round delay a bit and they all started ordering their own individual drinks.

It didn’t bother me.

Then after the bar closed we went to some late night Kebab place. One of the group said that ‘I had to try’ one of their specials and went up to get it, he came back, handed it to me and told me I owed him 1.75.

Return to “Travel Places”