Age and Hair length ?

Patsy Warnick

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I'm 5'8', 50 years old with long blonde hair.

Yesterday I was told "your 50 with all that hair"? (Of course from a relative)

So, my question "is there a age requirement for the length of your hair"?

When is too much hair - too much for the age?

What's your age & hair length? I don't plan on cutting my hair short anytime soon.

Patsy
WonderWendy3

Age and Hair length ?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I've thought of this before too Patsy...you see few older women with long hair.....
guppy

Age and Hair length ?

Post by guppy »

I am forty four and my hair is to my shoulders..its about as long as i like it..just right for a ponytail or clip or i can wear it down....
Peg

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Peg »

I'll soon be 47 and my hair is to the top of my bra. Maybe I shouldn't let it get any longer? :-3
WonderWendy3

Age and Hair length ?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I was in a hurry earlier...so didn't finish my post....

to answer the question....I'm 40 and I have long hair, almost to my boobs, well if they weren't saggin....probably right to them!!...was that tmi?? sorry!:o
chonsigirl

Age and Hair length ?

Post by chonsigirl »

I am 53, and my hair is blonde and to my waist. I hear it all the time, about my hair. I don't care to have it short, and probably never will. I just put it up when it gets in my way, and trim it when it gets too long.
valerie

Age and Hair length ?

Post by valerie »

Pushing 55, pushing HARD... mine is long and will likely stay that way.

I'm just not the type to do the beauty salon thing every 6 weeks.

Plus, I like that I can do it many different ways, and I still think it

helps me look more attractive when it's all shiny and blown dry.

(Gimmee a head with hair, long beautiful HAIR...)

:D
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

koan

Age and Hair length ?

Post by koan »

When I was in my twenties I shaved my hair off for two years. Then I've kept it really short since, until this last year when I hit 36. It's just past my shoulders but still growing out a shag cut. I plan on growing it to just above my waist. Guess I've always done things the wrong way round :p
Kathy Ellen

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

koan;713034 wrote: When I was in my twenties I shaved my hair off for two years. Then I've kept it really short since, until this last year when I hit 36. It's just past my shoulders but still growing out a shag cut. I plan on growing it to just above my waist. Guess I've always done things the wrong way round :p

Koan:-4

You are just too funny, you rebellious girl. Can I please ask you why you shaved your hair? I can't even imagine me doing that. I have short hair and HATE it. I tried letting my hair grow without a haircut or just tiny trims for 2 years, and it only grew in width not length.

I'd look like this for Pete's sake:mad:

Pheasy

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Pheasy »

I'm hitting 44 next month and my hair is long. I dye and straighten it now, cos those grey ones are coming quick and fast (springy little buggers too) :-5
koan

Age and Hair length ?

Post by koan »

Kathy Ellen;713039 wrote: Can I please ask you why you shaved your hair?

:wah:

I wanted to shave it all off when I was pregnant and just after I had my daughter I dyed my hair as an alternative. I reacted to the hairdye and, happy for an excuse, shaved it all off to stop the allergy after the initial reaction was over. It looked cool so I kept it like that until I was ready for another change.
CARLA

Age and Hair length ?

Post by CARLA »

Well I'm probably the oldest in the group just turned 60. My hair is shoulder length semi curly and dark brown with a few spots of grey. I don't plan on having"Blue Old Ladies" hair ever, never in my lilfe. I will admit that I keep it a bit shorter than I did when I was younger just because its easier to work with and for no other reason. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

RedGlitter

Age and Hair length ?

Post by RedGlitter »

It used to be that society told women that when they got older, it was respectable to have short hair. Leave long hair to the younger girls. Poppycock! I say wear your hair any length you want it at any age. And only color it if you want to. When I was a beautician, older ladies would come to me and want their hair cut very short and close to their head with the top permed. They said they didn't want to bother with it but they'd fix the permed part up if they were going out. You can still see these ladies everywhere. It's like a uniform. Or so I noticed anyway. But even those women should wear their hair how it suits them. I have almost always had long hair and I know I always will. It may be gray one day but it will be long too.
Patsy Warnick

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Interesting & thanks for the response

Its obviously a generation opinion.

My in-law relations arrived from San Francisco, then there's a Family lunch for @ 12 of us, and during everyone chatting & laughing, the one makes a statement to me

"your 50 and you have all that hair".?? So, I replied " I didn't know there was a hair etticat"??

I'd expect this statement from someone High Maintenance - like the in-laws from San Fran., but no, they laughed & loved my earrings..?

So, does this statement come down to the generation gap or

Are We All Rebelling the PIXY..?? Now that proves I'm old

Patsy
Galbally

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Galbally »

Girls, don't cut your hair just cause you may think you have to because you are getting older. Its of course a matter of personal taste about what way anyone might want their hair, but I certainly think that women who have nice long hair that suits them should keep it. Though in general I am biased as I don't like short hair on women whatever their age. I think that comes from a bad experience I had when I was about 8, when my mother cut her beautiful long black hair off and put it in a god-awful tight 1970s perm, apparently when she collected me at school I ran off screaming and wouldn't talk to her for about a day. That must have scarred me for life or something! :rolleyes:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
spot

Age and Hair length ?

Post by spot »

Peg;713005 wrote: I'll soon be 47 and my hair is to the top of my bra. Maybe I shouldn't let it get any longer? :-3

Peg! I thought we were talking heads, not armpits!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Age and Hair length ?

Post by mikeinie »

Long hair on a woman is Hot at any age.:cool:
sunny104

Age and Hair length ?

Post by sunny104 »

I'm glad women are getting away from that particular conformity!

my hair is always on the long side. :-6 I could never do the super short, super permed look that was/is so popular :rolleyes: with the grannies. :wah:
RedGlitter

Age and Hair length ?

Post by RedGlitter »

Patsy Warnick;713072 wrote: Interesting & thanks for the response

Its obviously a generation opinion.

My in-law relations arrived from San Francisco, then there's a Family lunch for @ 12 of us, and during everyone chatting & laughing, the one makes a statement to me

"your 50 and you have all that hair".?? So, I replied " I didn't know there was a hair etticat"??

I'd expect this statement from someone High Maintenance - like the in-laws from San Fran., but no, they laughed & loved my earrings..?

So, does this statement come down to the generation gap or

Are We All Rebelling the PIXY..?? Now that proves I'm old

Patsy

I don't know Patsy...I' d say that comment kinda comes down to bad manners but that's just me. Or...it could be a strange way of complimenting you on "all that hair." :)
Mia

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Mia »

I am no spring chicken,but keep my hair shorter because it is thick and mad.Not being nasty to anyone with longer hair but I guess If you are behind a woman with long hair,you expect a young face when she turns around,and its a kind of shock when she is older than you imagine.

Saying that you can do a lot more with long hair than you can short,and men love it.
Patsy Warnick

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oh Red - I tried not to show I was pissed off, I can usually spin a laugh on RUDE comments. Similar spin like "Back at ya" - I didn't appreciate the comment.

But, the comment "50 & all that hair" got me thinking what was approiate?

So - I have to look at this comment as " If thats all she could find to pick at me for"

I must've looked damn good.:wah:

Patsy
WonderWendy3

Age and Hair length ?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I know that we've basically have been focused on women and their hair.....what about men and long hair?? My son has longer hair than me and its absolutely beautifull....now he plans on cutting it when he goes to tech school next fall and I think Patsy will be able to hear him crying from here!! He LOVES his long hair.....

I saw a man at the grocery store tonight, he had to be in his 50's....imo...wasn't attractive....but I know it depends on the individual....just thought I'd share....

I'll probably have long hair for a very long time, I've had short hair only a few times and I don't like it very much on me.
Patsy Warnick

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I like managed long hair on men - makes them adventurous

My Nephews have beautiful hair when its grown out

I have beautiful hair - I get compliments all the time about my hair.

I don't know what was up with this relative & her rude comment, doesn't matter I don't have to see her often - and the next time I have to see her I'll make sure I have my Big Hair..

Patsy
Helen

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Helen »

im nearing 58, my hair is down past my shoulders.

i dont do the hairdresser thing either, just have it trimmed now and then BUT im having it cut on monday, it will then be collar length and have different colour blonde streak put in it.

i dont like short hair on me cos im 5'11". and im always in jeans or trousers and it makes me look like a man :o
littlemissgiggle

Age and Hair length ?

Post by littlemissgiggle »

I am 23 and have long hair passed my shoulders, brunette too.

i want to get it to the back of my bra.

i will always have long hair and i don't think there should be an age on it.

i saw a lady in a shop yesterday i say she was in hers 40's and she had the most

lovely long brown hair, it looked really smooth and shinny and thats what i want mine to be.

also my mums 47 and i have always know her with long hair.

i couldn't imagine her with it short.
Nomad

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Nomad »

The rule is you reduce the length 1" for every year you age. Generally speaking this is non negotiable unless your just out to upset the scheme of things in which case society has no use for you anymore.

So lets get with the program Patsy !
I AM AWESOME MAN
watermark

Age and Hair length ?

Post by watermark »

Throughout my life I've grown out my hair and then got bored with the length and then cut it to a style that was 'in'. The most recent was about 10 years ago (gee has it been that long :thinking:) when I wanted to look like Haley Barry. LOL Didn't come too close.

I'm almost 46 and can say I'll never cut my hair above my chin line again. Just me. I've seen older women with the right kind of features for really short hair. I've seen older women with very long hair and it looks just right for them too. And this includes long gray hair. For me I don't want anything anymore that isn't soft and healthy hair. I'd prefer to have pigment till I'm 80 but fat chance of that happenin. I've struggled with those gray strands.

I've experimented with dyes and highlights etc and I hate it growing out -the look of roots, and the dryness. I want to be done with it, but I'll probably change my mind in six months ;). My hair is something that I can't keep the same year after year like some of you have mentioned. But anyway it is, long hair, short hair, medium hair, it's gotta be what you like. There's no age requirement or cutoff in my opinion.

TMI??

E
WonderWendy3

Age and Hair length ?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

watermark;714504 wrote: Throughout my life I've grown out my hair and then got bored with the length and then cut it to a style that was 'in'. The most recent was about 10 years ago (gee has it been that long :thinking:) when I wanted to look like Haley Barry. LOL Didn't come too close.

I'm almost 46 and can say I'll never cut my hair above my chin line again. Just me. I've seen older women with the right kind of features for really short hair. I've seen older women with very long hair and it looks just right for them too. And this includes long gray hair. For me I don't want anything anymore that isn't soft and healthy hair. I'd prefer to have pigment till I'm 80 but fat chance of that happenin. I've struggled with those gray strands.

I've experimented with dyes and highlights etc and I hate it growing out -the look of roots, and the dryness. I want to be done with it, but I'll probably change my mind in six months ;). My hair is something that I can't keep the same year after year like some of you have mentioned. But anyway it is, long hair, short hair, medium hair, it's gotta be what you like. There's no age requirement or cutoff in my opinion.

TMI??

EVery good post!! I agree with you 100%!!--which reminds me I am due for hair color to cover up the gray and the darker roots!! :-5
minks

Age and Hair length ?

Post by minks »

old and hair is approaching my waist.

Yes when I read the start of this thread I immediately thought of Chonsi too love your hair bunny girl.

Long hair on men, yes if they keep it clean yes why not.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

Age and Hair length ?

Post by spot »

littlemissgiggle;713386 wrote: I am 23 and have long hair passed my shoulders, brunette too.

i want to get it to the back of my bra.You could cheat and hike the back strap up a couple of inches.

These days I resort to Rasta dreads at the weekend to retain my street cred.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Age and Hair length ?

Post by mikeinie »

Give me a head of hair.

mikeinie

Age and Hair length ?

Post by mikeinie »

How about this…what do you think of men colouring their hair?
sunny104

Age and Hair length ?

Post by sunny104 »

mikeinie;714572 wrote: How about this…what do you think of men colouring their hair?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

men look best natural. Bald, grey, whatever is much sexier!! :D :-6
Uncle Kram

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Uncle Kram »

My ex always said I was very selfish cutting my hair as it was her who had to look at it. She wanted me to buy expensive stuff to make it thicker and to dye it too. I did neither. I dont care that my hair is thinning or is grey and that I don't look like the 80's poodle-haired rock-god she really wanted.:rolleyes:. Her attitude was almost certainly the reason I shaved my head for a while when the marriage went tits up.

I am however, thinking of growing my hair long again, but only for comb-over purposes. :D

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Indian Princess

Age and Hair length ?

Post by Indian Princess »

Turned 40 on 9-11, noway am I getting rid of my locks, last week had my mum cut two inches(I asked for the ends trimmed) all the way to the waist!!!

Most women get jealous, almost taunting about it, I reply well, I guess it's a good thing I am not self-concious like you, cause I'm keeping it long I like it!!!!

Then to turn the knife, I get so many compliments, but hey everyones entitled to an opinion.

Return to “Health Wellness”