Dr in the house?

mikeinie

Dr in the house?

Post by mikeinie »

I am not usually a moan, and I don’t tend to give in easily to not feeling well, but my stomach is very sore, so much so that it even feels like my lungs hurt at time.

Every time I eat something it feels like it is cutting it way down my esophagus, now to the point where I couldn’t even eat my dinner (which is unusual for me).

Now I have a bit of a cough to begin with anyway but I don’t see how it could relate.

It has been this way for a couple of days now.
spot

Dr in the house?

Post by spot »

Take your choice - a hiatal hernia, a stomach tumour secreting gastric acid or gall stones. Guess where you need to go on Monday morning if it doesn't disappear overnight.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Dr in the house?

Post by mikeinie »

Thanks Spot.

Based on your post I looked up Hiatal Hernia and it can be brought on by coughing, given I already have a reflux issue it may make sense.

If it isn't any better by Monday I will head to my doctor.
cars

Dr in the house?

Post by cars »

It would be wise to see a doctor. Or it may turn into a problem!
Cars :)
Nomad

Dr in the house?

Post by Nomad »

Yes I am a Dr.

Dr. Nomad.

Not the kind of Dr. you've ever heard about before though.

Im a special kind of Dr. that I cant really talk about at this time.
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter

Dr in the house?

Post by RedGlitter »

Not to scare you Mike, but if you have a serious enough acid reflux problem, it is capable of putting a hole in your esophagus. It's probably nothing that serious but do get checked out!
Tater Tazz

Dr in the house?

Post by Tater Tazz »

You should get it checked out.
minks

Dr in the house?

Post by minks »

Yep like the rest of them said get ye to the Doctor and let us know what happened.

Take it easy till you get there ok.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Imladris

Dr in the house?

Post by Imladris »

My dad has a hiatus hernia and recently had gall stones and then his gall bladder removed, your symptoms do sound remarkably similar.

Off to the quack with you young feller-me-lad on Monday or Auntie Immy'll be on your case until you do!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
WonderWendy3

Dr in the house?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I'm no doctor and I don't even play one on TV.....I'm with the rest of the crew....Please go get it checked out and let us know what they say!

Sending hugs your way!:-4
SuzyB

Dr in the house?

Post by SuzyB »

I think the general census is for you to get yourself checked out, even if the pain dies down I would still go tomorrow, always better to get checked out. :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

pinkchick

Dr in the house?

Post by pinkchick »

Go get checked out Mike ;)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
mikeinie

Dr in the house?

Post by mikeinie »

Went to the Doctor today (€60.00), it looks like a serious throat and chest infection. I am on antibiotics, but if the pain when eating doesn’t go away in a few days I am to go back.

In the mean time I had two bowl of soup today which is all I can get into me. I haven’t had a cup of tea in two day (how un-Irish is that). Hopefully things will start getting a bit better tomorrow
minks

Dr in the house?

Post by minks »

mikeinie;718810 wrote: Went to the Doctor today (€60.00), it looks like a serious throat and chest infection. I am on antibiotics, but if the pain when eating doesn’t go away in a few days I am to go back.

In the mean time I had two bowl of soup today which is all I can get into me. I haven’t had a cup of tea in two day (how un-Irish is that). Hopefully things will start getting a bit better tomorrow

about 24 hours after takin antibiotics and you should start to feel results

― Mae West
spot

Dr in the house?

Post by spot »

I'm sorry it hurts but at least it sounds like it'll clear up in the near future. Your extensive FG fan club will be heaving sighs of relief in all four corners of the globe!
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Dr in the house?

Post by minks »

spot;718815 wrote: I'm sorry it hurts but at least it sounds like it'll clear up in the near future. Your extensive FG fan club will be heaving sighs of relief in all four corners of the globe!

wot he has a fan club???

― Mae West
mikeinie

Dr in the house?

Post by mikeinie »

On the plus side, I did want to loose a bit of weight…no better way of doing that by just not eating…:lips:

Fan club! I have a Fan club!!!:guitarist

Minks, I thought you started it??:wah:
minks

Dr in the house?

Post by minks »

ok I will be the chief whooo hoooo anyone wanna join the fan club I just started...

:yh_worshpyay mineinie:yh_worshp

― Mae West
WonderWendy3

Dr in the house?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I'm one of those cheerleaders too ya know!!!

whooo hoooooooooo, glad you got some medicine and a diagnosis! Hope you feel better soon!
Imladris

Dr in the house?

Post by Imladris »

Good boy - you went to the Drs, now I won't have to nag you................

................about that, I'll find something else to nag you about instead:D
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
spot

Dr in the house?

Post by spot »

Is it fixed, Mike? Are you running four minute miles again?
Sheryl

Dr in the house?

Post by Sheryl »

Hope ya get to feeling better soon. And I always drink hot tea when I have a sore throat, makes it feel better.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
mikeinie

Dr in the house?

Post by mikeinie »

Thank God it is getting better, last night I had my first meal since last Friday. I kept I light with some Cod, and today I got a sandwich into me at lunch and had pasta at dinner.

It was worrying for a while, if it was not better by today they were going to stick me in the hospital which I would have hated. Still taking it easy though and stayed off work for the week (which is very unusual for me).

Thanks for all you kind words and well wishes.

(hey I think I lost about 8 lbs, there is a bright side to everything)

Return to “Health Wellness”