SatLav offers relief for Londoners

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

LONDON (Reuters) - First came SatNav for lost drivers. Now there's "SatLav", a toilet-finding service to help people caught short in central London.

On Thursday, Westminster City Council launched a new mobile phone text message service that will guide Londoners and tourists to their nearest public lavatory.

Anyone who sends the word "Toilet" to 80097 will receive a reply giving details of their nearest public convenience.

Student Gail Knight, 26, came up with the idea for an innovation competition run by the council.

"When I'm out with friends we're always ducking into McDonalds or department stores to use their loos but we feel a bit bad about it," she said. "I thought a text service would be really useful for people on the move."

The service is available across the Westminster, an area that includes many of the capital's most popular sights, such as Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace.

Unlike in-car devices that rely on satellites to pinpoint someone's location, the SatLav uses mobile phone technology.

All that comes at a price, however. Rather than spending a penny, people will be charged 25 pence per text.

What a great idea, I think so anyway. :D
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

There I sat broken hearted

Paid the 25P and only farted.

This time I took a chance

Save my 25P

And Sh1t my pants

:-5
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

mikeinie;729252 wrote: There I sat broken hearted

Paid the 25P and only farted.

This time I took a chance

Save my 25P

And Sh1t my pants

:-5

LMFAO

I tried the number out and it said my closest toilet was in Convent Garden, I don't THINK so! lol
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Excellent, high time we had better loo location technology in my view. :wah:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

LOL It's just for Londoners so far but is useless anyway by the reply it gave me.
Vinny_Mac

Post by Vinny_Mac »

Great idea. you can never fins a lav when you want one. The ones I really hate are the pay-per-use jobs at stations if your travelling on Sunday morning - they are foul after saturday night and you still have to pay for the privilege.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Seems like a good idea, but having to pay to find a loo, that then might be one of those paying ones to enter anyway, and then find that it is hardly cleaned and in such a sorry state. Mind you I suppose when you have to go, you have to go and having to fork out money is better than ending up with a mess. :wah:

Return to “England”