Ibuprofen Reaction?

koan

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by koan »

I'm recovering from being violently, inexplicably ill for no good reason and just realised that this happened not too long ago... the last time I took ibuprofen. Anyone else think I might be reacting to it? Both times I've gotten nauseous and ill, suddenly an hour after taking it.

400mg tablet, only took one each time.
Sheryl

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by Sheryl »

Well take another and if the reaction happens again you know. :D just kidding. You probably are having a reaction, can you take tylenol?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Betty Boop

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by Betty Boop »

oh yuk poor you, but know how you feel!

Assume you have checked the other ingredients in them.

Got any good strong anti-histamines there you could take to minimise any more effects? Bit late now but they may help.
koan

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by koan »

I seem to be okay with tylenol. I was afraid to try it in case it made it worse, but I did have some last time and it calmed things down... off to try it
koan

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by koan »

Wow, feeling lots better already. :)

Time to sleep.
Bryn Mawr

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

koan;733081 wrote: Wow, feeling lots better already. :)

Time to sleep.

Wake up refreshed and ready to roll :-)
Kathy Ellen

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Sorry that's happened to you Koan.:-4 I don't take IB Pro but do take tablets with naproxen sodium for my sometimes headaches and other aches and pains...it helps me tremendously.

Feel better:-6
koan

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by koan »

It's just odd, because I used to take 400mg every 4 hours for months when I had my back injury. Never caused me a problem. I suppose that's why it's a problem now.
Galbally

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by Galbally »

koan;733060 wrote: I'm recovering from being violently, inexplicably ill for no good reason and just realised that this happened not too long ago... the last time I took ibuprofen. Anyone else think I might be reacting to it? Both times I've gotten nauseous and ill, suddenly an hour after taking it.

400mg tablet, only took one each time.

Hey, I am very allergic both to Aspirin and Ibuprofen! You may remember I actually got a reaction on line here about a year ago (very embarresing) after I mistakenly took two Aspirin (I had to go to hospital and everyone was very nice, but they were a bit concerned). Do you find it hard to breath? Blue lips? Blurred vision? Blood rushing through your ears, dizzyness? If you get any of these then you are developing an allergy, so do not take it again. You should do an alergy test if thats possible, I never had one, my diagnoses came from various misadventures from both these bad boys. I can take paracetemol though. Oh if you have ever suffered from polypesia then thats linked in some weird way to these kinds of allergies.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
koan

Ibuprofen Reaction?

Post by koan »

I remember that, Gal :eek:

I didn't notice my throat swelling or anything extremely scary like that so it's just a mild reaction. Mild as it may be, it's certainly enough to keep from taking it again.

Return to “Health Wellness”