How much perseverance is TOO much?

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Hi gang...You are probably sick of hearing about my "maybe" job, so let me apologize in advance. But I'm wondering...Should I be making more calls to the clinic to "bug" them about an answer? I sent a note a day or 2 after the interview, saying "Thanks for taking the time...yada yada" and I made a follow-up call the following week, and one more on Monday. Still, I've heard nothing. The office manager said that the Dr. would call when they had made a decision, and she was pretty short with me, (she warned me herself that she was a battle-axe) but I need to know something soon here!! What do all of you think? Keep calling? Send another note? Leave it alone and wait for an answer? I'm going friggin' NUTS here!!! :-5
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i would make one more polite inquiry( can you get someone other than the battle-axe on the phone?)...then move on. the right job has to be out there for you! :-6
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

lady cop wrote: i would make one more polite inquiry( can you get someone other than the battlaxe on the phone?)...then move on. the right job has to be out there for you! :-6

Totally agree.

BR there is a job out there with your name on it that is going to make your day. Frustrating? Yes. Worth it? You bet! You are bright and articulate. The battle-axe is probably how she keeps control of her job. Do you want to be under that duress?

There have to be a ton of jobs out there for you and your skills. Slow and steady will get you there.
Der Wulf

Post by Der Wulf »

Hell, send me the number, I'll call the battle axe, I want you to have that job, the BA is tickin me off :-5 :mad:
Old age and treachery, is an acceptable response to overwelming youth and skill :D
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Awww...Thanks DerWulf! Maybe I should post the number, then all my FG friends can start calling and ask when I'll be starting, because they all want to bring their pets there!!! :yh_rotfl

Thanks for the thought, DerWulf! :yh_kiss

LC, I think I will give it one more day, and call again on Friday. I'll talk to one of the other techs instead of the BA.

Ken, I thank you for your encouragement, too. And a tough boss never bothered me. I know I can do the job well, and she won't have a reason to be hard on me. If she's just miserable in general, that's her problem!

Thanks again youse guys! Hugs to all!!! :yh_hugs
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

((((((((((( BR ))))))))))))) Bless your heart...I hate it when they make you wait like that. Then I put my nose in the air and decide if they can't be bothered to call me and let me know what's going on, then I don't wanna work with them....Amateurs! Jerks! :D

Of course, I still hope you get the job because you sounded so excited about it.

If not, you can have my job...really, it's yours. LOL
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

And along comes my buddy AK to boost me up, too! Thanks babes! I really understand your perspective about "if they can't call me...", and usually I'm like that, too. I'll call on Friday, and after that, look elsewhere. :yh_hugs to AK.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

koan

Post by koan »

From my time in the film industry: they always told me I was their top candidate and that they loved my portfolio. Then I would wait and wait until I found out someone else got the job. Or I would get the job then get a phone call from a friend who had been told the job was her's "for sure" and I had to break it to her that it wasn't. The best tactic is to call and tell them you have another job offer but would prefer to work for them if they have made a decision. Ask how long you have to wait before giving your response to the other employer.

Everyone wants someone that someone else wants. And you don't have to look desperate. :sneaky:
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

Koan, I love that idea!

BR :)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

I would call one more time.... politely asking if they have made a decision, filled the position.. etc. and ask if there is a timeframe that you can expect to hear an anwser yes or no.. then.. I would go and start floating the resume again.. If you get a solid offer that has everything you want I would not wait around but take in then and there. You don't owe these people anything...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap

Return to “Work Employment”