This can't be right? Michigan doesn't count?

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
grh

Post by grh »

I just read this in the middle of an article on the Republican race in Michigan. I'm gonna go look and see what else is out there on it, 'cause WTF??

Democrats also will hold a primary in Michigan but a dispute over the date of the vote led the national party to strip the state of its delegates to this summer's presidential nominating convention.

As a result, Obama and Edwards kept their names off the ballot and Clinton is the only top contender listed. None of the top Democrats have campaigned in the state since the dispute arose.

They can honestly tell a state they don't count?:confused::wah:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
freetobeme

Post by freetobeme »

Do you have a link for that ?
senior's politics and discussion
spot

Post by spot »

freetobeme;758583 wrote: Do you have a link for that ?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22660529/
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Jester;758604 wrote: Wow! I did a quick search, I couldnt find any republican shinanigans like this, do you have a link for the republican problems like this?

Both the Republicans and Democrats have also altered delegate totals and the electoral map by penalizing states for flouting party rules by scheduling early primaries and caucuses.

The Republicans have taken half of the delegates away from New Hampshire, Michigan, Florida, South Carolina, and Wyoming, while the Democrats have stripped all delegates from Michigan, which votes tomorrow, and Florida, which holds a primary January 29.

http://www.nysun.com/pf.php?id=69414&v=0432540021
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Yeah, it is great fun living in Michigan.

Not only does our vote not count, jobs are scarce, prices are rising on everything and we have the highest foreclosure rating in the country.

I'd move if I could afford to drive the car out of the county.
Sandi

grh

Post by grh »

OMG! The day gets better and better!

This is the analysis of the Romney win tonight as it's coming up on yahoo..:yh_rotfl

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080116/ap_ ... e_michigan

Do ya suppose we can guess where this AP writer stands on the candidates in the race?? Talk about objective reporting!!!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Might be biased reporting but after watching the pandering commercials for the last couple of weeks - it is pretty dead on.

I could be wrong about how the government is supposed to work - but it seems to me that my Governor should be concerned with bringing new jobs to the state and the President is supposed to look after the country. Automotive jobs are gone and unless someone plans on banning foreign imports (or the American companies really put their noses to the grindstone to make them look undesirable compared to vehicles made in the U.S.) then there is no way to bring those jobs back. McCain is right - Michigan needs to look to the future and find NEW jobs.

FYI - I voted Democrat.
Sandi

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Jester;758664 wrote: How about americans just refuse to by from foreign companies! I wont buy a foreign car, ever.
Me either. Toyota baby! Built right here in San Antonio! :p
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Jester;758664 wrote: How about americans just refuse to by from foreign companies! I wont buy a foreign car, ever.

Personally, I don't know anyone who drives a foreign made vehicle. But the fact remains that Japanese car companies are outselling American companies.

Jester;758665 wrote: I thought McCain is republican?

He is a Republican. While I might agree with his message for Michigan, I really don't know that the U.S. can survive another Republican President at this point.
Sandi

grh

Post by grh »

Accountable;758590 wrote: Michigan:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00722.html

All of the Democratic presidential candidates already promised the national party that they will not campaign in either Michigan or Florida, even though both states are particularly valuable prizes in the general election.

and Florida:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

What the hell kind of leadership are you showing by promising to ignore a state because the party bigwigs have said to?:confused:

rambo
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

Accountable;758725 wrote: Me either. Toyota baby! Built right here in San Antonio! :p

:wah:

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”