Friends and Lovers?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
flopstock

Friends and Lovers?

Post by flopstock »

I've always had two separate categories for the guys in my life 'friends' or 'lovers'.

You know when you meet a guy if the 'spark' is there...the potential for bone jumping, etc...

I've always known when the potential wasn't there either... these guys are just friends... say anything folks, ya know?

I have a friend that I've been friends with for a while now... always gives great advice on whether guys from the 'L' category or worth it or just playing me.. let's me **** and moan about any and every thing..:wah:

I'm seriously considering jumping the guy... can the 'real' friendship parts of the relationship survive? Or, are you necessarily forced to treat and view someone different, just because you've been naked together?:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Betty Boop

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Betty Boop »

I think it would be really rare for the friendship part to survive Floppy. I'd think very carefully before getting naked! :)
Mystery

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Mystery »

I think, so long as you *both* go into it with eyes wide open, having laid out the rules (so to speak) things can work out. Also, you never know, it maybe what you've always wished for. Old saying about friends making the best lovers and all that.
sunny104

Friends and Lovers?

Post by sunny104 »

I've had a few friends with benefits and I still consider them my best friends. :-6

If I wasn't married that's what I would continue to do. Commitment is so over rated. :rolleyes: :wah:
Miss Maam

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Miss Maam »

You're getting ready to change the whole relationship! But I'm sure you already know that. :-2

Nomad

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Nomad »

I dont comment in your threads anymore (although this is a comment) because you only use my comments as a guide to do the opposite.

However if I were to comment Id have to say,

"Oh brother"
I AM AWESOME MAN
YZGI

Friends and Lovers?

Post by YZGI »

Nomad;787822 wrote: I dont comment in your threads anymore (although this is a comment) because you only use my comments as a guide to do the opposite.

"Oh brother"
No, that would be incest.:D
flopstock

Friends and Lovers?

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;787822 wrote: I dont comment in your threads anymore (although this is a comment) because you only use my comments as a guide to do the opposite.

"Oh brother"

If you had any kind of clue what value I place on any comments in my threads, I would be greatly surprised. The fact that I don't adhere to your advice all the time, does not mean I find it without value.....

oh nevermind... let's assume you are right and just go with you leaving my threads alone.. i kinda like that idea as opposed to these drive-by swipes that do nothing(we've just agreed) for me and nothing for you..:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Nomad

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Nomad »

Calm down. Ill clarify my "oh brother" for you. Just dont beg ok ?

Your advice here at this forum, to me, is the standard. Almost without fail you are dead on with your insight into others lives and problems.

When you speak, I listen. No bull.

You have a clarity within yourself like no other, and your gift of relaying clear and concise knowledge and understanding and empathy for others is remarkable.

Scoff...go ahead, I know you despise compliments, but its not a compliment. Its an observation.

To me its so simple, just apply your greatness to your own life.

Then again thats the biggest challenge for all of us isnt it ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Chezzie

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Chezzie »

difficult one, if you bed him and then decide its not right and you want to go back to just friends, do you think that would work? If No personally id not risk your friendship, unless you know hes hung like a donkey and can go for hours...thats different, you have to try that out regardless:sneaky:
flopstock

Friends and Lovers?

Post by flopstock »

Betty Boop;787765 wrote: I think it would be really rare for the friendship part to survive Floppy. I'd think very carefully before getting naked! :)

I think I agree with this... it's nice having that person you can snuggle and climb in their lap for a good cry and just know that lap is always there and the crying is never going to be their fault, ya know? It's even nicer knowing you can be that for them..

But it's strange when folks ask why you don't hook up with them and then you have to look at each other rather awkwardly for a few days until you conclude that this works best for you...:o

Chezzie

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Chezzie »

Nomad;787976 wrote: Calm down. Ill clarify my "oh brother" for you. Just dont beg ok ?

Your advice here at this forum, to me, is the standard. Almost without fail you are dead on with your insight into others lives and problems.

When you speak, I listen. No bull.

You have a clarity within yourself like no other, and your gift of relaying clear and concise knowledge and understanding and empathy for others is remarkable.

Scoff...go ahead, I know you despise compliments, but its not a compliment. Its an observation.

To me its so simple, just apply your greatness to your own life.

Then again thats the biggest challenge for all of us isnt it ?

scuse me while I savour this normal post off Nomad....:-4
Nomad

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Nomad »

Chezzie;787996 wrote: scuse me while I savour this normal post off Nomad....:-4

I attempt to squeeze one in every 3 months or so.

In the process Ive pissed someone I admire very much off.

But she the one person here Ive always respected enough to be honest with so I can live with it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Chezzie

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Chezzie »

Nomad;788007 wrote: I attempt to squeeze one in every 3 months or so.

In the process Ive pissed someone I admire very much off.

But she the one person here Ive always respected enough to be honest with so I can live with it.

I very much doubt she could be pissed off with that accolade Nommie:-6
Nomad

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Nomad »

Chezzie;788233 wrote: I very much doubt she could be pissed off with that accolade Nommie:-6

:wah:

Her wheels are turning.
I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

Friends and Lovers?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I don't understand the problem. Don't we want the person we eventually marry to be both friend and lover?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Chezzie

Friends and Lovers?

Post by Chezzie »

I do feel that sometimes we have friends we should not bed, our feelings and love for them are unsexulated (made that up lol means no sex involved:wah:) and once the deed has been done and you realise it was the wrong choice its sometimes not easy getting back to the great realtionship you had before sex. Things can get kinda awkward and they know everything now.When your friends you can talk about stuff together with the knowledge that they dont know your intimate/sexual side.

Return to “General Chit Chat”