Winter In March

What's the weather like today?
koan

Winter In March

Post by koan »

Big snow storms happening. Glad I'm out West again :D

Thing is... I said in December, when the snow started in Ontario, that there are always heavy snow falls in March when everyone insists that winter is over. Every year it snows in March and people act surprised. Sure enough, I was told that February should be the end of the snow. Well. Ha. I'm right and my mother is wrong. Again. :wah:
Peg

Winter In March

Post by Peg »

I remember getting a significant snow in mid April in my younger years.
Pheasy

Winter In March

Post by Pheasy »

koan;796975 wrote: Big snow storms happening. Glad I'm out West again :D

Thing is... I said in December, when the snow started in Ontario, that there are always heavy snow falls in March when everyone insists that winter is over. Every year it snows in March and people act surprised. Sure enough, I was told that February should be the end of the snow. Well. Ha. I'm right and my mother is wrong. Again. :wah:

Last March (or was it end of Feb :thinking:), we were stuck in Toronto due to snow. The planes were grounded, and nothing much was moving. We could not get back to the US Embassy to pick up our passports, and were basically stuck. So I can agree it does snow in March in Ontario :-5
Pheasy

Winter In March

Post by Pheasy »

This is too funny ...... :wah::wah:

http://wiselaw.blogspot.com/2008/03/mor ... ronto.html
koan

Winter In March

Post by koan »

LOL

That's perfect!

More like Vancouver though. When they get snow there the whole city shuts down.
CARLA

Winter In March

Post by CARLA »

:-6:-6 Uggh I couldn't survive in the cold. I'm running around in a tank top, bare feet and shorts today it is beautiful in San Diego, has been for the past 2 weeks..:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Winter In March

Post by 911 »

As you may see, I live in the deep south. It SNOWED last night. It had stopped by the time I got up and only a little was left on the rooftops and on my car. Thank goodness I didn't have to drive in it.

My office is west of where I live and by the time I got there it had started snowing again. Big time! But it didn't last long.

That's twice this year that it's snowed and stuck. Very unusual. It hasn't snowed and stuck for about 14 years (I know that cuz my pup is 14 and he has never seen it until last December).

Global warming, my lily white behind!:rolleyes:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Pheasy

Winter In March

Post by Pheasy »

ThePheasant;796995 wrote: This is too funny ...... :wah::wah:

http://wiselaw.blogspot.com/2008/03/mor ... ronto.html

Okay I know I'm being silly, but I just can't stop playing this - it cracks me up :wah::wah:
qsducks

Winter In March

Post by qsducks »

ROTFLMAO - I'll have to remember my Isotoner gloves still have to be purchased so I don't get caught in the storm of the century:wah:
Wallaroo

Winter In March

Post by Wallaroo »

All this talk of snow and cold..........

Here in Sth. Australia; Australia we are experiencing our 8th day in a row of

above 38 deg celsius(100.4 F) - today it is 40 (104) - and we are expecting another 7 days of temps above 37 degrees before we get any relief. We are turning into cavemen with all this hibernating inside everyday. Yesterday i cracked an egg on the roof and fried it in about 2 minutes.

Oh for just a little snow..........:yh_drool
Nomad

Winter In March

Post by Nomad »

I was born during a blizzard, April 17th. Thats when my birthday is. In April. The 17th of April to be exact. Every year.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Winter In March

Post by Bryn Mawr »

911;797209 wrote: As you may see, I live in the deep south. It SNOWED last night. It had stopped by the time I got up and only a little was left on the rooftops and on my car. Thank goodness I didn't have to drive in it.

My office is west of where I live and by the time I got there it had started snowing again. Big time! But it didn't last long.

That's twice this year that it's snowed and stuck. Very unusual. It hasn't snowed and stuck for about 14 years (I know that cuz my pup is 14 and he has never seen it until last December).

Global warming, my lily white behind!:rolleyes:

It ought to get out more :p

BTW, who suggested that a rise in the average global temperature meant the temperature has to rise equally everywhere? Of course you will get turbulence during the shift and conditions will be exceptional in both directions within an upward trend.
cherandbuster

Winter In March

Post by cherandbuster »

I'll never forget the April 1st, 1997 snowstorm that dropped over 20 inches of snow in 24 hours in the Boston, MA area.

On April 2nd, I slipped and fell on ice, necessitating my 3rd lumbar disk surgery :(

I wanna go to Florida :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Richard Bell

Winter In March

Post by Richard Bell »

Attached files
qsducks

Winter In March

Post by qsducks »

Wallaroo, isn't suppossed to really warm where you are? I have a question, we were talking about Australia last night and my daughter wanted to know if it is the day before where you are located compared to us in the Northeast of the US? I say you are a day ahead of us, and daughter says we're on the same day. No bets on this one. Darn!

Return to “Weather Station”