The AirCar

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Chezzie

The AirCar

Post by Chezzie »

A new car could prove the perfect way to beat rush hour traffic - because at the flick of a switch it turns into a plane. The AirCar will be able to cruise at speeds of 200mph - at a staggering 25,000 ft. It will cost around £250,000 and should be on sale by 2010.

http://www.orange.co.uk/news/pics/1231_ ... iestopleft

How cool is that:-6
spot

The AirCar

Post by spot »

2010?

The nutters usually say "ten years". They've been saying that since 1932, it's like watching the fruitcakes ascend the mountain waiting for the wrath of the lord to fall on the unbelievers.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

The AirCar

Post by Chezzie »

spot;797748 wrote: 2010?

The nutters usually say "ten years". They've been saying that since 1932, it's like watching the fruitcakes ascend the mountain waiting for the wrath of the lord to fall on the unbelievers.

sounds like you will be able to have yours in 2 years eh spotters:wah::wah::wah:
G#Gill

The AirCar

Post by G#Gill »

That is very interesting Chezzie !! I can see headlines now 'Gridlock above the M1 !'

Ee it sounds like Dan Dare, the Treens and the Mekon were not so far fetched after all ! :thinking: :wah: :driving: ;)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Chezzie

The AirCar

Post by Chezzie »

G#Gill;797754 wrote: That is very interesting Chezzie !! I can see headlines now 'Gridlock above the M1 !'

Ee it sounds like Dan Dare, the Treens and the Mekon were not so far fetched after all ! :thinking: :driving: ;)

See Star Trek and the like wasnt so far "out there" after all, hey they have even teleported space so before ya know it you will one minute be in the kitchen then mobile transporter in hand,,,,bam your in hawaii:wah::wah::wah:
spot

The AirCar

Post by spot »

G#Gill;797754 wrote: Ee it sounds like Dan Dare, the Treens and the Mekon were not so far fetched after all ! :thinking: :wah: :driving: ;)
It even sounded Dan Dare when the Eagle was on the stalls.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

The AirCar

Post by Chezzie »

I like your anorak Spot, matches your helicopter:wah::wah::wah:
SlipStream

The AirCar

Post by SlipStream »

when ya've sin tass many of these tings tes me :wah:
Chezzie

The AirCar

Post by Chezzie »

SlipStream;797766 wrote: when ya've sin tass many of these tings tes me :wah:

pardon?:wah::wah:
spot

The AirCar

Post by spot »

Chezzie;797764 wrote: I like your anorak Spot, matches your helicopter:wah::wah::wah:

I'll have you know I used to go round in a proper camel-hair coat with a trilby. I don't still have that one though.

I do have my Tom Baker style Doctor Who coat.

And my Australian Stockman's riding coat, I've got the hat to match that as well. Brown, they are.

I'll have you know my anorak's proper goretex too.
SlipStream

The AirCar

Post by SlipStream »

Chezzie;797768 wrote: pardon?:wah::wah:

ment it never take off proff
qsducks

The AirCar

Post by qsducks »

The Jetson's are here!
Galbally

The AirCar

Post by Galbally »

I'm glad I don't work in air traffic control, you do realize you would need to have flight clearance from an airport every time you took off don't ya? Otherwise you would have people flying into comerical airliners etc etc, imagine having a few hundred of these death traps airborne over a major city at any given time, flying around, each a potential missile (I don't think I need to expand on that) its totally unfeasible, unless of course you could have ones that would fly themselves on pre-arranged flight paths, that would be completely automated and idiot-proof, and that wouldn't be crashing into anything else, probably do-able using lots of fancy computing and gps etc, but still a good way off from being remotely afordable or practical I would think.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
chrisb84uk

The AirCar

Post by chrisb84uk »

I love the idea, very futuristic, but I think the designers could do some more work on making it look a bit more appealing. Though I suppose considering what it is supposed to do, you can forgive them a little haha.

Return to “Autos Vehicles”